Excellent car
By hbedmunds on
2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I was surprised at some of the reviews indicating care was uncomfortable etc. I have never written a car review before, but the 2010 Pirus is such an excellent car, that it deserves a review. I now have 29,000 miles. I track the mileage on most fill-ups, and my average is 48.7mpg over more than 27,000 miles check. Mileage is best in rush hour traffic, worst for short trips of 3 miles or less and when driveing higher than 65 mph. I find the car fun to drive around town and VERY comfortable on long trips, much more so for my back than previous 1990 Maxima and 2001 Avalon. We originally assumed that we would only use it in town, but now use it as exclusive choice for long trips. No issues
Favorite Features
High gas mileage, handling, overall quality, no rattles. Note: you can adjust settings at dealer to turn off the back-up beeping, and to unlock all doors when touching driver handle.
Suggested Improvements
Radio reception: By far largest complaint is that the FM reception is poor in base radio in the "II" version. Dealer said it was normal. If making choice again, I would have paid the extra $1K for better sound system and bluetooth, even though I do not listen to radio extensively. Reduce road noise at highway speeds (minor concern. is less noisy than cheap cars, and is quiet at low speeds). Would prefer tweaking design to have 5 star crash rating all around.