A little scary on the Mountains
By MJ on
2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
First off I love the car. I've driven about 8k miles and I've changed the oil once and disabled the reverse Beep by the dealership. I traded in my 2000 Lexus GS and I'm in love with the money I've saved.Gas mileage 48 HW, 51 City. It took the car about 2k miles to break in. I dislike the following: sunshade, Navi (can not input while driving), no lumbar seating, cheap interior materials. I love everything else. This car has more room than my Lexus. I don't have the same confidence when driving on mountains/rain/wind. I tend to slow down because I don't trust the car yet. Perfect for under 300 mile trips! Excellent small bus car! Perfect for commutes, I don't even drive my 2008 MDX anymore!
Favorite Features
Bluetooth audio (smart phones can stream music, videos), $25 = 500+ miles, space(moved recently 6 boxes fit), weekend car, many cup holders, dependability, easy to park, sunroof climate control, lease option = 2 years no maintenance!
Suggested Improvements
sunshade does not extend?? We are in 2010! Windy pushes the car sometimes, the center console opens rearward so rear passengers have to move their legs if opened, navi can not be adjusted while driving. My Acura does it? Why not Toyota? Cannot buy floor mats from the dealership!