2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Pruis IV Nav/Sun Roof Package
By rsdavis on 05/19/10 09:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Car gets great gas mileage. Performance is acceptable for commutes and highway driving. Quiet ride and smooth. Sitting in traffic/light and not burning fuel is great. JBL needs to improve DVD/NAV system as far as satellite radio issues, see improvements. NAV system locks out display for safety but annoying when passenger available to change destination. Glove box material scratches easily. Oil changes now every 10K miles vs 5K miles so easier on wallet for synthetic oil changes. The front hood bumper areas needs covered due to slope of hood so it catches rocks and bugs easily. No belts to change in engine. EV Mode gets me to house through housing development without using gas for over 1/2 mile

VERY Satisfied
By thkim on 05/14/10 08:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I owned a 2004 Lexus LS430. I was VERY HAPPY with my Lexus. The thing is my family grew by two kids. My wife changed to a minivan and I needed to get something more fuel efficient. Did the math and I am saving tons on fuel. The Lexus made me feel good because it is the best luxury car. The Prius makes me feel good because its the most fuel efficient car. Took me a while to get used to losing some of the luxury feel, but over all I couldn't be happier. I also love the fact that I'm less dependent of foreign oil for my energy needs. The biggest thing to get used to has been having more people pass me on the road because I drive slower. In my Lexus I was always passing people.

Love it
By sigjuliussen on 05/11/10 23:39 PM (PDT)

Great MPG, I have been getting 50+ city and I got 51.7 on 400 mile trip through Alaskan mountain roads. I'm 6'4" and 340 lbs and I fit fine, easy to get in and out of. Lots of cargo room

Sound idea, design, and package
By PowerNS on 05/09/10 12:46 PM (PDT)

Interior design needs darker shades because the dealerships I visited had mostly tan interiors. The brake pedal has an odd feel. The initial acceleration from 0 to 20 mph in ECO mode is slow. And it's a Prius I am not going to power mode it all the time otherwise I would have bought a "Only" internal combustion car. Rear seat legroom could use an extra 4 inches. Power seats would be great. The 50 MPG average is a farce. You have to coast and watch the mpg monitor to get 50+ mpg. I get 48 to 49 mpg around town to and from work normally. Otherwise the car is worth $23K and the design and mpg is what sold me. Previous car was a 2002 Infiniti Q45.

Better than expected
By sidefx on 05/07/10 22:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wasn't expecting this car to have as much oomph as it does. Coming from a v6 Honda with 265 hp, I thought I would be disappointed, but I'm not. Two weeks so far and mpg is amazing. At fill up I compared my own calculations on my 1st tank to what the dashboard says and it was exactly the same to the tenths place!! BTW it was 47.6 and that included me pushing the car to its limits in the first few days ;) halfway through the second tank I'm at 54.2 mpg and easily maintaining that thanks to the useful meter that helps you achieve great results. I'd like to comment on another post. You CAN make all the doors open when touching the sensor on the handle of the car. Read the manual!

Just buy it
By newmonk on 04/29/10 11:51 AM (PDT)

Just bought it 4 days ago, driven for around 250 miles..What can i say. Just buy it. Great fun car, very quite, very smooth and best of all MPG of 48+. Just love it.

Great car
By John on 04/28/10 14:25 PM (PDT)

I've had the car since last Thursday and have about 300 miles on it. It is everything I expected and seriously, I do not understand the agenda of those who write negative reviews on the vehicle. The Prius is one of three cars I own one of which is a 5 series BMW. I have not touched any of the other cars since I got the Prius. All in all, it is a super car.

Basics Missing
By va_prius_10 on 04/27/10 09:53 AM (PDT)

We just purchased our Prius IV and so far we like it. We did found Toyota left out somethings that should be very basic; such as a valet key, or a way to lock the glove box. In addition, the radio reception is weak and the iPod interface is slow when scrolling through artists, genre, etc... In all fairness, we are impressed with the MPG but not very impressed with the interior finish (given the price); also why have a button for Park?? I would recommend this car but note that it's not for everyone.

Prius 3
By Amy on 04/27/10 06:07 AM (PDT)

Just bought a 2010 Prius 3. My husband had really been wanting it so finally pulled the trigger. Has a nice ride but the acceleration is awful unless you put it in power mode. I don't feel comfortable merging or going uphill. Great gas MPG of course but other than that nothing special.

high tech marvel
By marty on 04/22/10 15:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased a Prius V with advanced tech package. It's really space age fun to drive. The car "purrs" when I get close. Then it's super quiet and feels like driving a computer. All the tech gadgets are amazing beginning with the gear shift knob, laser cruise control, lane keep assist, parking assist, etc, etc,...Have driven 2000 miles and just love it. The navigation system is superb and very fast and easy to use. All the tech gadgets are remarkable, and definitely a splurge, but I keep cars for 10 years. The gas mileage displays always bring smiles to my face as I enjoy seeing more than 50 mpg nearly all the time! It has enough power. This is the car of the future!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback in VA is:

$112 per month*