Used 2010 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

do not buy. drive & quality poor
By Anonymous

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I hate it, wife loves it. had the car 2 months and it is covered in dents from acorns (tree above our parking space). this is not just my car, I have looked for and seen this in parking lots on several prius's. drive is not comfortable, poor seats and acceleration makes the gas engine rev wildly but have little effect. interior ceiling feels like recycled cardboard. (feel roof when you test drive). rear view mirror shakes with stereo base. only use is for short runs where you don't go over 30mph. (wife uses it for these) unfortunately I drive 99% on the freeway and the car shakes at 55mph (center console esp.). windshield fogs up quickly at all times.

trunk space is useful. but in hindsight would have purchased a VW jetta TDI.

reduce car shake. acorn resistant roof material. quality of materials all round.

What a lemon!
By Marianne McNabb

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have had our 2010 Prius for over a year and aside from the excellent gas mileage, I would not ever recommend this year model. The 'regenerative' braking system is so unreliable, that driving it over uneven road surfaces, the brakes fail and the car keeps moving. If there were a pedestrian in the cross walk, they would have been hit. Recommend you check out similar complaints on the National Highway Transportation Safety web site. I think the problem is with this year only-it was recalled back in Feb. 2010 but the problem persists. We are trying to get rid of it, but have not found a dealer who would give us a decent trade-in. Toyota has been hard to deal with in this regard.

gas mileage and the roomy interior

the computer braking system does not work in all road situations, which presents a serious safety concern.

lil,red
By Chris Krieger

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Performance is great considering the fuel economy average is about 53 mpg over life of the car.The color Barcelona red and exterior design is very beautiful.

50+ mpg, leather seats, navigation system, sun roof, trunk space, exterior and interior design, performance, and great handling.

remove back up beep.

I love my Prius, too!
By PrAl10

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my 2010 Prius (my first Toyota) to replace my 2003 Altima (with 280,000 miles!). I am impressed with how brilliant its design philosophy is, and, of course, the amazing fuel economy (53 m.p.g. actual average over the first 10,000 miles). I love driving it, I feel more relaxed and no longer "sweat" traffic jams and red lights as much as before. Compared to the Altima I am saving ~$40/week at the current fuel prices. I think I will always buy hybrid cars from now on!

Amazing fuel economy in real world conditions, practicality, equipment, comfort, roominess, ergonomics, value, reliability, relaxing drive. Initial assembly quality was perfect.

Aside from features that would negatively impact price and weight (e.g., interior materials, etc.): rear quarter visibility. Toyota must be selling every one they can make, because they are not spending much time and money to advertise how good it is!

A formidable achievement.
By James

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2010 Prius II is the finest overall car I have ever owned and I have been driving my own cars for forty years. It has the unique ability to transport four people in comfort and do so with an overall average of 50 mpg. I am impressed with the technology and am convinced Toyota loses money on the base car. It combines excellent driving characteristics (it's no sports sedan, however) with an engaging dash and controls. I enjoy driving this car. Gripes? The tires need more compliance as they now transmit too much road noise and harshness into the cabin. Also the radio/entertainment system combo is weak. I am not convinced spending more on factory pieces would be worthwhile. The after-market s

Built to a price point.