Used 2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Most Helpful|
Very pleased with my Prius V
By peter_peter

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall, I am very pleased. Looked for months at many different cars (sedans) from BMW's to Acuras to MBZ but the Toyota Prius always stood on my list of options. Averaging between 48-51 mpg, half street and freeways. Perfect commuter car, I fill up my gas tank and spend almost half as compared to my wife's Civic. Nothing wrong with the Civic, but this Toyota has everything. Fully loaded with everything from navi, Bluetooth, leather, cold AC, 17 inch wheels, key-less go and the list goes on. The car does turn on and off when the engine is not needed,nothing major but not something I expected, no big deal. Highly recommend this car to someone who wants something different and gets great mpg.

Favorite Features

Got to love the HIGH MPG'S, let's start there. Took it from LA to Vegas to Utah and back with 2 adults with luggage using the AC and got about 45 MPG. On my daily commute I am back to par at 49 MPG and growing. Love the handsfree phone system, links my contacts to the screen, rides pretty smooth and quite. Another great feature I'd say would be the display that shows you how your foot is applying the accelerator, it allows you to see where you can achieve the best mpg's.

Suggested Improvements

I'd say an area of improvement would be the acceleration. Currently, if I need a little extra juice I have to hit the power button and it responds nicely. But other than that no complaints.

surprised
By mcruzen

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am an official car nut, bought a new prius 4 in December of 2010 to commute 20 miles to work. Thought I have to sacrifice fun and comfort for the fuel economy. I have been pleasantly surprised. In 7.5 months we have put over 15,000 miles on the car and coordinate all of our travel around the availability of the prius. Performance has been amazing, mileage terrific and its fun to drive. I really wonder why household doesn't have one in their garage.

Favorite Features

radio system is great, bluetooth works well, leather seating and of course the hybrid system.

Suggested Improvements

would suggest increasing the quality of plastics in the console as they seem to scratch easily. Would also add some additional sound deadening.

lil,red
By Chris Krieger

Performance is great considering the fuel economy average is about 53 mpg over life of the car.The color Barcelona red and exterior design is very beautiful.

Favorite Features

50+ mpg, leather seats, navigation system, sun roof, trunk space, exterior and interior design, performance, and great handling.

Suggested Improvements

remove back up beep.

one month into ownership of a prius
By mark4jesus

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am very impress on the used 2010 prius and with only 77,900 miles and i love it and like the way how it drives. it is very quiet and roomy an seems like i am driving a new car. It does not seems like it has that many miles on the car. It is totally amazing car to drive. i have this car going about a month now. I have read from other reviews from consumer and people really dislike the hard plastic and i really does not brother me anything. I am coming away from driving a 2003 buick century to a 2010 Prius and boy what a big difference. I love driving this car and It suppose to be everyday car and it is meant to drive. I am now into my 4th week and i am now getting up 55 mpg

Favorite Features

I love the way it handles and drive and the Prius really teaching you how to drive all over again and being a more defense driver and i really do not care if people around want to pass and burn gas because i am really on a tight budget and i love the way it handles and the gas saving is totally amazing!

Suggested Improvements

so far i really do not have any suggestion on improvements. when I first got it i really did not notice the driver side head light burn out and took it back and replace it at no charge. Other than that i really have no other suggested.

Love our Prius
By paul5637

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have a 2010 Prius III. Loved it from the start. It has as much head room as our mini van or more. We haul it loaded full Illinois to Florida and back Fall and Spring and get on average 48 mpg overall. That surprised me with driving the interstates most of the way at 70 mph a lot. Definitely will get another one for our next car. When I see the price of gas going up it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to. With getting over twice the mpg as my previous vehicles, I figure $4/gal gas is like paying $2/gal.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry locks and starting; built in Navi system; back up camera.

Suggested Improvements

Miss headlights that automatically come on at dusk; doesn't have the programable button for garage door opener like I have had before; miss the distance sensors on back bumper like I have had.