Used 2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

I love my Prius, too!
By PrAl10

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my 2010 Prius (my first Toyota) to replace my 2003 Altima (with 280,000 miles!). I am impressed with how brilliant its design philosophy is, and, of course, the amazing fuel economy (53 m.p.g. actual average over the first 10,000 miles). I love driving it, I feel more relaxed and no longer "sweat" traffic jams and red lights as much as before. Compared to the Altima I am saving ~$40/week at the current fuel prices. I think I will always buy hybrid cars from now on!

Amazing fuel economy in real world conditions, practicality, equipment, comfort, roominess, ergonomics, value, reliability, relaxing drive. Initial assembly quality was perfect.

Aside from features that would negatively impact price and weight (e.g., interior materials, etc.): rear quarter visibility. Toyota must be selling every one they can make, because they are not spending much time and money to advertise how good it is!

A formidable achievement.
By James

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2010 Prius II is the finest overall car I have ever owned and I have been driving my own cars for forty years. It has the unique ability to transport four people in comfort and do so with an overall average of 50 mpg. I am impressed with the technology and am convinced Toyota loses money on the base car. It combines excellent driving characteristics (it's no sports sedan, however) with an engaging dash and controls. I enjoy driving this car. Gripes? The tires need more compliance as they now transmit too much road noise and harshness into the cabin. Also the radio/entertainment system combo is weak. I am not convinced spending more on factory pieces would be worthwhile. The after-market s

Built to a price point.

Amazing
By Trekker

I bought the 2010 Prius on 09/2009 and it has over 20,000 miles on it. This car not only gets great gas mileage, but has plenty of power on the highway. Our highways have a 75 MPH speed limit and I'm always doing the speed limit. We have a variety of elevations and can drop or climb 3000 feet within 100 miles. The Prius handles these conditions with a whimper and never wavers from the speed set on the cruise control. Ride is smooth quiet and comfortable. One problem I've noticed is the Prius is not great in snow or mud, we don't get to much of either, but it was a problem. Get some good quality mud and snows. Another problem is that it is very low, so dirt roads would be a problem.

1. Key-less entry 2. Multi information display 3. Six-speaker sound system 4. Two glove compartments 5. Great Gas Mileage 6. Plenty of power on highway

Would be nice if it handled mud and snow better. Car is very low, so watch those curbs in the parking lot.

I love my Prius!
By luvmyPriusII

I have owned Honda's all my life. the two recent being a 2003 Honda Civic and a 2008 Honda Fit. they were both excellent cars, fun to drive, amazing reliability, and good fuel economy. except the Fit Sport which i was averaging around 25mpg!! and in the three years i owned the Fit, the body panels had gaps that seemed to get bigger which i never experienced before. so since i have been dreaming about the new 2010 Prius even before it came out, i decided to upgrade and upgrade i have!! the Prius II is a luxury car compared to the Fit. it rides smooth, the exterior is beautiful, the interior is amazing with all it's graphics and info. the quality materials are top notch. don't wait. buy one!!

beautiful exterior and interior design, easy to read and very informative digital gauges, amazing fuel economy despite running the air conditioner down here in hot south Florida. very smooth and quiet ride. Lexus like build quality and materials. i can go on forever, this is the best car!

the ONLY negatives are it takes time to learn where the blind spots are and how to overcome them, and it's hard to get to the nozzles to put air in the tire..and that's it!!

Great overall
By Terrano

We got this Prius in 12/09. It really is cool how much features you get even on the base model. Yes, it does really get 50 MPG, driving normally. It rides comfortably, decently quiet, and seats are just right. Rear seats are very roomy- pleasant surprise. One quibble about it though, is that the interior rattles. I've looked it up further, and apparently it is an early build problem- apparently solved on more recently built cars. Don't know why they can't get something like that right the first time. Otherwise, the car is great, no problems whatsoever! Traded our 08 Sonata for it, the Hyundai had many minor problems that made it just irritating to own. It didn't rattle though!

MPG! A/C runs even with the engine off- I guess it's not belt driven? Rear seats roomier than expected. Looks pretty nifty too.

Telescoping steering wheel should extend more. Rattles. Shouldn't be a problem. Just be aware of earlier built models!