2010 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Awesome Commuter Car
By sporttracz on 12/31/10 18:50 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After driving a new Hyundai Elantra and the Prius, I opted for the Prius. Took a trip that was 200 miles one way and got 53 mpg. Not bad since the weather was below freezing. The car is very comfortable and has good power when you use the power option. The JBL stereo sounds great. No worry's on the maintenance for 2 years which is nice.

Great commuter
By perfectstorm1 on 12/15/10 12:56 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Replaced 230K mile Camry which hardly made 25 MPG and lots of repair cost at the end. It drives high 40's (46 to 49 MPG) in winter weather. Cannot wait for warm weather to test Sunroof/fan feature. It drives fine at highway, and corners very well (not much leaning).

The Perfect Car!
By jhinsc on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Prius IV over 2 weeks ago and have over 1,700 miles now. Love the MPG! Avg over 50 mpg as I learn the tricks to stay with traffic but get better mileage. Visibility is great with all the windows - no blind spots for me. I wish the driver's seat had power adjustments for better comfort but the lumbar support helps. It's a conversation piece with all my clients who don't mind at all riding with me.

do not buy. drive & quality poor
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I hate it, wife loves it. had the car 2 months and it is covered in dents from acorns (tree above our parking space). this is not just my car, I have looked for and seen this in parking lots on several prius's. drive is not comfortable, poor seats and acceleration makes the gas engine rev wildly but have little effect. interior ceiling feels like recycled cardboard. (feel roof when you test drive). rear view mirror shakes with stereo base. only use is for short runs where you don't go over 30mph. (wife uses it for these) unfortunately I drive 99% on the freeway and the car shakes at 55mph (center console esp.). windshield fogs up quickly at all times.

What a lemon!
By Marianne McNabb on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have had our 2010 Prius for over a year and aside from the excellent gas mileage, I would not ever recommend this year model. The 'regenerative' braking system is so unreliable, that driving it over uneven road surfaces, the brakes fail and the car keeps moving. If there were a pedestrian in the cross walk, they would have been hit. Recommend you check out similar complaints on the National Highway Transportation Safety web site. I think the problem is with this year only-it was recalled back in Feb. 2010 but the problem persists. We are trying to get rid of it, but have not found a dealer who would give us a decent trade-in. Toyota has been hard to deal with in this regard.

lil,red
By Chris Krieger on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Performance is great considering the fuel economy average is about 53 mpg over life of the car.The color Barcelona red and exterior design is very beautiful.

I love my Prius, too!
By PrAl10 on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my 2010 Prius (my first Toyota) to replace my 2003 Altima (with 280,000 miles!). I am impressed with how brilliant its design philosophy is, and, of course, the amazing fuel economy (53 m.p.g. actual average over the first 10,000 miles). I love driving it, I feel more relaxed and no longer "sweat" traffic jams and red lights as much as before. Compared to the Altima I am saving ~$40/week at the current fuel prices. I think I will always buy hybrid cars from now on!

A formidable achievement.
By James on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2010 Prius II is the finest overall car I have ever owned and I have been driving my own cars for forty years. It has the unique ability to transport four people in comfort and do so with an overall average of 50 mpg. I am impressed with the technology and am convinced Toyota loses money on the base car. It combines excellent driving characteristics (it's no sports sedan, however) with an engaging dash and controls. I enjoy driving this car. Gripes? The tires need more compliance as they now transmit too much road noise and harshness into the cabin. Also the radio/entertainment system combo is weak. I am not convinced spending more on factory pieces would be worthwhile. The after-market s

Amazing
By Trekker on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the 2010 Prius on 09/2009 and it has over 20,000 miles on it. This car not only gets great gas mileage, but has plenty of power on the highway. Our highways have a 75 MPH speed limit and I'm always doing the speed limit. We have a variety of elevations and can drop or climb 3000 feet within 100 miles. The Prius handles these conditions with a whimper and never wavers from the speed set on the cruise control. Ride is smooth quiet and comfortable. One problem I've noticed is the Prius is not great in snow or mud, we don't get to much of either, but it was a problem. Get some good quality mud and snows. Another problem is that it is very low, so dirt roads would be a problem.

I love my Prius!
By luvmyPriusII on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned Honda's all my life. the two recent being a 2003 Honda Civic and a 2008 Honda Fit. they were both excellent cars, fun to drive, amazing reliability, and good fuel economy. except the Fit Sport which i was averaging around 25mpg!! and in the three years i owned the Fit, the body panels had gaps that seemed to get bigger which i never experienced before. so since i have been dreaming about the new 2010 Prius even before it came out, i decided to upgrade and upgrade i have!! the Prius II is a luxury car compared to the Fit. it rides smooth, the exterior is beautiful, the interior is amazing with all it's graphics and info. the quality materials are top notch. don't wait. buy one!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Prius in VA is:

$112 per month*