2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews 24

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Very pleased with our purchase
By Leadfoot on 06/08/09 11:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I entered into the hybrid ranks on June 1, after placing our order a couple months earlier. We were the very first customer to drive off Longo's lot with this third generation Prius. We fully understand the compromises one makes when driving a hybrid, with somewhat sluggish acceleration probably topping the list. With that in mind, we based our driving experience against the likes of the Honda Insight or the '09 Prius. In our opinion, Toyota's new version surpasses both, in terms of power, handling, electric/gas transition, features, quietness, and interior comfort. Toyota did it again! It will cost a couple grand more than these other hybrids, but it is well worth it.

Not so much
By Don on 06/01/09 10:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Well what can you say. The seats are not comfortable, the ride is numb and disconnected from the road, wind/road noise is at a premium, very jittery over any type of non-smooth pavement. However, going green is the way to go. We need more of these types of cars only with better execution...

2010 better than expected
By bwilson4web on 05/31/09 07:29 AM (PDT)

Measured MPG: 67 MPG@ 50 mph; 62 MPG@ 60 mph; 55 MPG@ 65 mph; 52 MPG@ 70 mph; 49 MPG@ 75 mph; 39 MPG@ 80 mph. Very quiet with plenty of power; huge interior space; the best car we've ever owned. Comfort, quality, and affordable, we are very happy. It replaced a 2001 Echo and shares driveway space with a 2003 Prius and 1993 Coachman RV. Unlike the Honda Insight, I don't bang my head getting in and feel like I'm in a coffin. Unlike the Jetta TDI, the Prius automatic city mileage is better than 65 MPG. Try city driving in a Jetta TDI automatic if you like buying a lot of fuel.

Improvements a ten!
By Incognito on 05/30/09 07:24 AM (PDT)

Researched vehicle thoroughly. Decided on a 2010 over the 2009 due to many upgrades. People will find the 2010 more comfortable, smoother (no sudden jumps in acceleration) and more responsive in steering. Test drove the 2009 too many times to count, but one test drive of the 2010 was good enough for my wife and I! I've only had the car for several days and am having fun with all the fuel consumption monitoring. Heck with what all the experts are saying, this car is FUN to drive!