Used 2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 254 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Well designed
By Rex

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After spending some time with my Prius I can say it's a great car with just a few issues. In power mode it's plenty fast. I have no issues accelerating up to highway speeds. I would however, like a car that feels a little more nimble. Although it turns fairly flat, it just feels bigger than it is, a little sluggish. Brakes are indeed "grabby". Overall well designed, I get about 48 on the highway, 52 in the city. It's a real joy to "idle" or drive without a gas engine going. The seats are a bit hard for my liking and I don't appreciate the little interior squeaks and rattles. None of my other Toyota's did that. I don't' have a problem with visibility.

Hybrid technology, of course! Different power modes, nice paint, interior design, acceleration.

Interior fit and finish. My base model Yaris feels higher quality with no rattles! Softer seats. More uniform brake feel.

Prius 2010 exceeds our expectations!
By Bullitt

My fiancee and I bought the Prius 2010 first week of January and we really love it in red. We test-drove the Venza but only the Prius exceeded our expectations with the comfort, MPG and sporty look (especially from the front). The MPG is excellent (45 mpg mixed in the winter on hilly roads around Pittsburgh). The rear visibility is not a problem at all! The people who have a problem with it should pass their driving test again because it's really easy to park. The base model has everything you need (keyless entry, bluetooth, alloy wheels, excellent radio). There is enough power when you need it; the car has just been fixed with the recall (never noticed any issues). Try it and you'll love it!

keyless entry and bluetooth on standard model, display, great MPG!

backup sound is confusing: it sounds like a backup radar; increase the battery capacity to get even better mileage(I guess on the next model)

Love it !
By tofuhead

I am a Porsche driver so I was very skeptical when it comes to the acceleration of a hybrid, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was more than adequate. The car is smooth, comfortable, built nice, and very quiet. I love the Blizzard White color I chose. Only had it for a few hours but I suspect I'll drive it a lot more often than my Porsche as I have two little boys.

Quietness and smooth ride.

The body can be a little less boxy, bigger wheels would be nice too.

Down the highway
By Golf Man

Purchased vehicle for travel and good mileage also for hauling items with back seat down. Our first trip to Florida with approx. 4200 miles on it the dash cluster that includes the speedometer gas gauge and the shifter burnt out so we drove the last 500 miles to Jacksonville sort of in the dark. We had the vehicle repaired at a dealer in Jacksonville they had it for 4 days the dealership was very nice. My Question is has anyone else had this problem with their vehicle? Our dealership in Col. Ohio said there wasn't any tech. advisories on this problem that we experienced so I'm just curious if we are alone out there. Thanks

We love the styling of the car the dash how it is located up by the windshield makes it easier to be alert while driving.The shifter is very convenient I always shift from D to B which eliminates braking a lot down hills. Love the keyless entry and start functions. Very roomy and comfortable.

Keyless entry on Prius II model for hatch by using same sensor that is used for locking and unlocking drivers side door. Vinyl and plastic interior seems to scratch easily. More padding on drivers side by console and door. Larger knobs for radio volume. What about fender guards?

Face the Facts
By Edward G

Why this car? It saves gas. Also, it is HIP and very TRENDY. Why not an Insight? Prius gets a better MPG. Why not a hybrid Civic? The new thing is the hatchback and cost less. Prius still gets better MPG with more storage space. It doesn't matter whether you are a middle or an upper class of society, it is Cool for all. For a smaller family it works just as well as a minivan. It has enough room for two car-seats and storage space for quick trips. Saves GAS, GAS, GAS. When I first started driving I only average mid 40's. After learning, yes you have to learn, the techniques, I now average mid 50's on regular streets (saves even more in downtown areas) and high 40's on highway.

Cool, hip, and trendy. Decent amount of room and storage space. Power mode lets you accelerate and match everyone else but still allow you to save gas during normal cruising/driving. Smart key is a plus. I like the center display. It can be a conversation piece with friends during driving

Inside plastics looks and feels cheap. Driving position needs some further improvement. Also when I get in or out of the car I almost always kick the inside panels. More blind spots than regular sedan. Rear view wiper is pointless I use the glass beneath the spoiler than the hatchback area.