2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Driving Mind Mixer
By FL2MI on 07/05/09 10:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is our first hybrid. I've been driving a Nissan Maxima for the past 10 years, so this is a BIG MIND change. Now I have to really focus on if I need to put my foot on the brake to start the car, watch the gauges to make sure I'm getting optimal performance (MPG's), pushing a button to park, making sure I don't pull too far forward onto a cement parking stop...it's like learning a new language. And even with all these oddities, I am truly enjoying the Prius. I'll know more as I drive more, only has 250 miles so far. I love the fact that I can sit parked in the car in the hot sun and run the A/C without having the gas engine on! I love getting 48+ mpg's! I love the quietness of the car!

WOW!!!!
By cwm on 07/03/09 22:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just traded in my 2004 Mazda rx8 for one of these. I was very surprised for how much power it actually has. Really cool to see how the engine is working, the push button for park is a little strange but over all seems like a great car. The bluetooth works great. The JBL stereo amazingly loud!!! I never thought I would want one of these but after I heard about how much they have changed I had to test drive one.

Top Dog Hybrid
By Dale on 07/03/09 14:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first Hybrid was an 07 Prius & loved it. I knew in advance that the 2010 was going to change for the better. Didn't think that was possible but now that I own the 2010, Toyota did it with an even better Prius that was near perfect to start with & no competitor even close. I love this more then I can describe. It's a perfect 10. If I had to post a negative it would be I got the model with the 17 inch wheels & low profile tires. It looks GREAT but the low profiles make it ride a bit rougher then the standard tire. No big deal. The look more then makes up for the rougher ride. Buy one. You'll love it especially at the gas pump.

Awesome Vehicle
By Wally Minich on 07/03/09 13:15 PM (PDT)

My third Prius and 2010 is by far best. Now I believe car was 90% re- engineered after driving first 100 feet. 2010 Prius drives and handles like a real car, have to drive to believe the experience...

More than just great gas mileage
By Prius Convert on 06/30/09 15:34 PM (PDT)

This is my first hybrid car. I expected great mileage but an unexciting car with limited power and many compromises. Was I wrong. While power is nothing to brag about this engine responds to all driving situations. It does roar when really pushed, but in ordinary driving there is minimal engine and road noise. Comfort is decent and it feels like a bigger car than it really is. Functionality is great with the hatchback and folding rear seats. The first 3 fill ups yielded 42, 45 and 50 mpg's. I was told that mileage will improve and it has so far. The navigation system, back up camera and bluetooth are great. The Prius III does not come with homelink, but the dealer added it for us.

A2DP w/ Blackberry 8330 sounds bad.
By Burgeoning on 06/25/09 17:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car is great. My only complaints: 1. A mild whine from the engine compartment (maybe AC or elec motor). 2. Bluetooth streaming from a new Blackberry Curve 8330m sounds bad (popping/crackling) - Pandora and Slacker. Also a little battery whine gets to the radio when connected via the AUX port. 3. MPG has been <=40mpg around town. This is probably due to lots of lights. I've been driving conservatively. 4. NAV uses CDs.

A Pleasant Green Surprise
By F1GPRacer on 06/24/09 23:53 PM (PDT)

I have researched for a Hybrid for sometime, and the 2010 Prius has a good enough balance blend for me to take the plunge. Love the EV, although not real useful because of the small battery capacity (runs out fast), and not so usable 25mph cap before switching to gas. Brake feel is toy like, and not solid, makes lots of noise, probably because of energy recovery. The gas mileage on sticker I can validate to be true. In fact, I bettered hwy/city both. Car stable enough, glass I would pay for factory infrared radiant barrier (more green, less heat), I just wished it had just a bit more power, would make this car near perfect. I noted the seats are terrible. Any extended length makes my back ache.

Prius for the big guy
By jb72 on 06/24/09 15:25 PM (PDT)

I am 6' 6" tall ans was concerned about how this machine would fit - before I bought it. Not anymore. This car is fun to drive and is quite comfortable. I improved my mileage 2 1/2 times from the SUV I previously drove. This is a fine car.

Worth the Wait
By Ulev on 06/22/09 07:19 AM (PDT)

Despite a disappointing experience with my first hybrid (Highlander Hybrid) that resulted in a measly 22 mpg which I sold after some months of use. I still believed in the concept and did my DD on the new 2010. I was not disappointed! I have yet to fill up the 11+ gal tank! The 'puter indicates a 56.7 mpg!!! I will 'manually' calculate after my first fill up just to make sure these unbelievable (I am a natural cynic) numbers are for real... Handling is not up to a Bimmer...but so what...it is made to be a transport vehicle, a modern version of the 60's VW bug. My most favorite feature is the SPEED button...which can be pressed at any time to get an accelerative RUSH then back to Eco mode.

2010 Prius bought June 2009: cost, etc.
By quist55350 on 06/20/09 20:55 PM (PDT)

After two days, I am averaging 43 MPG but have driven less than 100 miles and have not gotten to study my manual yet or really practice my skills. Solidly built. Fun to drive. Comfortable. Paid just slightly below the MSRP at $22,690 + tax in Minnesota.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback in VA is:

$112 per month*