Used 2010 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Great Car
By Spanky

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the car to reduce travel expenses and I am electrical engineer and love the technology. I was pleased with how quiet and comfortable the car was on the road. The car has plenty of room and is very usable with the hatch and fold down seats. I get in the mid 50s in warm weather and mid 40s in the cold weather. The power is adequate for most driving.

Nav, Bluetooth and XM radio (All three are a must have for traveling)

Bigger Battery for longer and faster electric drive use.

Takes getting used to, but worth it
By DJ

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Several things about the Prius threw me at first: The unusual shifter, the digital dashboard and the rear visibility. However within a few weeks everything seemed normal to me and now I can't stand driving my wife's car because I have to look down to see the speedometer. The rear visibility really isn't that bad, but it does take getting used to. The digital speedometer is great, the seats are very comfortable and the sound system is very good. Lots of little cubbies to store things in, CVT transmission is great. Haven't noticed the brakes being grabby as some people mentioned. Have noticed the dash squeaks in cold weather (10 degrees or below). Overall a great car

Smart key, automatic climate control, digital dashboard, Joystick shifter, interior ergonomics are excellent. Lots of space in the hatch. Plenty of room in rear seat.

The dashboard shouldn't squeak in cold weather. Gas mileage drops in cold weather.

New 2010 Prius
By JC

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just got my new prius yesterday. I drive around 30K miles a year and went from a 2009 Mercedes C350 to a 2010 Prius. I have to say that it has every luxury I am used to, Bluetooth, DVD Nav with traffic updates, 6 disc CD, etc.. Its not fast by any means but with the savings at the pump I can live with that. So far I love this Prius and would recommend it to anyone who drives a lot and wants fuel savings.

DVD Nav and bluetooth

none better
By ima10

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

great car, gpm, 44@80.best,56@55.speed counts when driving.Have had no problems whatsoever.I guess a lot of people never take a demo ride before they drive a new car. most poor mileage and problems can be blamed by looking in the mirror.I'll give up my prius when they pry my cold dead feet off the gas pedal.

everything about this car

Great Car
By Jim

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted a hatchback with great mileage--hence the Prius. I was prepared to put up with an expensive "economy" car, but have been pleasantly surprised. The car is quiet and roomy (more rear leg room than my wife's Volvo S60). Visibility is excellent except of a couple of blind spots in the rear. Interior and exterior finishes are excellent. It came with a lot of bells and whistles. I don't find the backup camera particularly useful since it has such a wide angle lens that you cannot use it to accurately judge distances. I really don't have problems with rear view vision in this car. Power, while not great, is adequate. Great handling in the snow. Gas mileage only 40 mp

Handling in snow, finish, sound system, mileage, interior room, comfort while driving, quiet cabin.

Get rid of backup beep, move evr/pwr switch to steering column, navigation system needs work; my cheap Garmin is better.