2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
The Prius is different
By WOG on 07/17/09 01:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am very satisfied and would readily recommend the car. Once you become accustomed to the quiet of the engine cutting out @ traffic lights & adjust to pressing a button to start & park & get comfortable not being able to see the front\corners of the car & with the split rear view, the car is very comfortable and pleasant to drive .

Early Review, Some Surprises
By Heymull on 07/16/09 17:24 PM (PDT)

The new Prius can be driven precisely, owing to its tight steering and excellent suspension; it feels like a new Audi. My friends are amazed how quiet the car is, especially at low speeds. I look forward to driving now, instead of hating my daily commute. The black exterior paint is beautiful and the light gray interior is cool in the sun, but they keep me busy cleaning. I wish I'd gotten a gray (silver) color exterior with darker gray interior.

A match made in heaven
By 2010-V on 07/15/09 08:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It has taken approximately three weeks to acclimate to driving this hybrid. Wet surface braking is different, be prepared to skid and activate the anti-lock braking system if you brake hard. My mpg is 49.4 with mostly city driving.

Better than anticipated
By william on 07/14/09 21:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Thought car would have small car performance and was blown away by acceleration, ride, quietness and braking. Seats very conf. on 100 mi. trip. Got 55.2 mpg. wasn't planning on buying car but after test drive I was hooked. I've owned bmws, hondas, lexus, mercedes, and porsches. This car feels so good in so many ways. Toyota is definitely ahead of the pack!

Love this car
By Vlinder on 07/12/09 18:40 PM (PDT)

What can I say, I just love this car. This is my first hybrid. Was interested in the 2009, but I am glad I waited for the 2010. It gets great gas millage. Average 53 mpg. This is a fun car to drive. My son says it looks like a peanut. But I love my peanut :-) What more can I say...Toyota kudos to you.

99% Love It
By Mike on 07/12/09 12:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having just driven the car on a road trip, I love the car even more. With part of the trip involving driving through heavy rain, I have some interesting insights (below). HUGE style improvement with Prius V. Wish the antenna was shark fin, not antenna.

Another Happy Prius Owner
By gary256 on 07/10/09 09:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My model V had already been ordered by the dealer. The only other models available to see were a III and a IV, and they were already sold so I couldn't drive one. I decided to take the one coming based on research and the reputation of the Prius. Two weeks later it arrived. I am extremely pleased with my choice. The car met or exceeded all my expectations and is remarkably fun to drive. I find myself driving slower and enjoying it more. I love the Sandy Beach color and the wheels on the V really set it apart from the others.

I'm Lovin It
By Ashley on 07/09/09 23:20 PM (PDT)

This car is a dream, it handles so well. At first I was afraid that it wouldn't have the acceleration that I've been used to but all I have to do is switch it into power mode and I zip along. The only downfall to this car is its blindspots.

The Prius - evaluating it for what it is
By wvgasguy on 07/09/09 07:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is an efficient, but sometimes high priced economy car. It is in that class of cars I am comparing the Prius. The Model V does indeed stick to the road with no noticeable handling concerns when driven at legal speeds. Without trying I have been exceeding 50 mpg, even with the 17" wheels. I consider the "loaded" Prius comparable in comfort with anything I've driven with the exception of some road noise AND the lack of a power seat adjustment. For economy, this car is at the top of the "want to have it" list. It has its own charm and to me the new body style is attractive rather than "funky" as I have described the previous generations. Not all will agree. You'll either love it or not.

Car of the future...now
By Bassman10463 on 07/07/09 10:01 AM (PDT)

I purchased my 2010 Prius 10 days ago. I'd looked at a Fusion Hybrid and a Camry Hybrid, but the small trunks on each turned me away. As my first Hybrid experience, the Prius took a little getting used to (engine shutting off at lights, starting silently, watching the MPG gauge while driving) but once I got used to it, I found that my previous gas-conscious habits worked well here too. The Prius is comfortable on the road and quiet (for a hatchback); there is feedback from the front wheels (something reviews of the prior model complained about), and the engine and drive-train are sufficient, if not overly powerful (the Ford Fusion clearly beats it).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback in VA is:

$112 per month*