2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews 21

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Great Gas Mileage
By sprugg828 on 07/18/09 21:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's been 6 weeks now and boy does it get great in-town MPG. If the MPG gauge on the car can be trusted, I get 55-57 MPG in-town (max speed ~50mph). I took a long trip and got 43mpg @ 75mph, 45mpg @ 70mph so EPA ratings for hwy driving must be at 60mph. The 8hr trip was fairly comfortable. AC didn't affect gas mileage much. The base model seats could be more comfortable, but they could also be a lot worse. The front seat headrests are rather uncomfortable, they point forward causing your head to bend forward when leaning back in the seat, an uncomfortable position. Cruise did a god job on hills and still got good MPG. ECOMode is a bit "Big Brother"ish depicting every driving style good or bad.

So far so good
By Complex on 07/18/09 03:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Replaced 2006 Honda Ridgeline (great truck while it lasted), this is a big change to get used to. I considered the Camry (didnít want to wait for the 2010s), and the Ford Fusion (did not have fold down seats). The Prius is a technology wonder. My complaints are minor because I may be spoiled or want perfection but other features are superb. So far, I'm loving it. The mileage is the best part. The first time I filled up, I thought the gauge was broken as it took so little fuel.

Great Car
By Brian on 07/17/09 09:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This could be the best car I have ever owned if it is reliable over time. Second Hybrid for me -- first 2003 Civic Hybrid 165K miles w/ not ever a single service problem when I sold it. 2010 Prius smooth, quiet, great Bluetooth, roomy cabin, great JBL system, very sound steering and ride. I only have about 325 miles of mixed driving so far but gauge says 51.5 MPG and just under 1/2 tank.

The Prius is different
By WOG on 07/17/09 01:15 AM (PDT)

I am very satisfied and would readily recommend the car. Once you become accustomed to the quiet of the engine cutting out @ traffic lights & adjust to pressing a button to start & park & get comfortable not being able to see the front\corners of the car & with the split rear view, the car is very comfortable and pleasant to drive .

Early Review, Some Surprises
By Heymull on 07/16/09 17:24 PM (PDT)

The new Prius can be driven precisely, owing to its tight steering and excellent suspension; it feels like a new Audi. My friends are amazed how quiet the car is, especially at low speeds. I look forward to driving now, instead of hating my daily commute. The black exterior paint is beautiful and the light gray interior is cool in the sun, but they keep me busy cleaning. I wish I'd gotten a gray (silver) color exterior with darker gray interior.

A match made in heaven
By 2010-V on 07/15/09 08:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It has taken approximately three weeks to acclimate to driving this hybrid. Wet surface braking is different, be prepared to skid and activate the anti-lock braking system if you brake hard. My mpg is 49.4 with mostly city driving.

Better than anticipated
By william on 07/14/09 21:51 PM (PDT)

Thought car would have small car performance and was blown away by acceleration, ride, quietness and braking. Seats very conf. on 100 mi. trip. Got 55.2 mpg. wasn't planning on buying car but after test drive I was hooked. I've owned bmws, hondas, lexus, mercedes, and porsches. This car feels so good in so many ways. Toyota is definitely ahead of the pack!

Love this car
By Vlinder on 07/12/09 18:40 PM (PDT)

What can I say, I just love this car. This is my first hybrid. Was interested in the 2009, but I am glad I waited for the 2010. It gets great gas millage. Average 53 mpg. This is a fun car to drive. My son says it looks like a peanut. But I love my peanut :-) What more can I say...Toyota kudos to you.

99% Love It
By Mike on 07/12/09 12:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having just driven the car on a road trip, I love the car even more. With part of the trip involving driving through heavy rain, I have some interesting insights (below). HUGE style improvement with Prius V. Wish the antenna was shark fin, not antenna.

Another Happy Prius Owner
By gary256 on 07/10/09 09:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My model V had already been ordered by the dealer. The only other models available to see were a III and a IV, and they were already sold so I couldn't drive one. I decided to take the one coming based on research and the reputation of the Prius. Two weeks later it arrived. I am extremely pleased with my choice. The car met or exceeded all my expectations and is remarkably fun to drive. I find myself driving slower and enjoying it more. I love the Sandy Beach color and the wheels on the V really set it apart from the others.