2010 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Great Car
By Brian on 07/17/09 09:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This could be the best car I have ever owned if it is reliable over time. Second Hybrid for me -- first 2003 Civic Hybrid 165K miles w/ not ever a single service problem when I sold it. 2010 Prius smooth, quiet, great Bluetooth, roomy cabin, great JBL system, very sound steering and ride. I only have about 325 miles of mixed driving so far but gauge says 51.5 MPG and just under 1/2 tank.

The Prius is different
By WOG on 07/17/09 01:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am very satisfied and would readily recommend the car. Once you become accustomed to the quiet of the engine cutting out @ traffic lights & adjust to pressing a button to start & park & get comfortable not being able to see the front\corners of the car & with the split rear view, the car is very comfortable and pleasant to drive .

Early Review, Some Surprises
By Heymull on 07/16/09 17:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The new Prius can be driven precisely, owing to its tight steering and excellent suspension; it feels like a new Audi. My friends are amazed how quiet the car is, especially at low speeds. I look forward to driving now, instead of hating my daily commute. The black exterior paint is beautiful and the light gray interior is cool in the sun, but they keep me busy cleaning. I wish I'd gotten a gray (silver) color exterior with darker gray interior.

A match made in heaven
By 2010-V on 07/15/09 08:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It has taken approximately three weeks to acclimate to driving this hybrid. Wet surface braking is different, be prepared to skid and activate the anti-lock braking system if you brake hard. My mpg is 49.4 with mostly city driving.

Better than anticipated
By william on 07/14/09 21:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Thought car would have small car performance and was blown away by acceleration, ride, quietness and braking. Seats very conf. on 100 mi. trip. Got 55.2 mpg. wasn't planning on buying car but after test drive I was hooked. I've owned bmws, hondas, lexus, mercedes, and porsches. This car feels so good in so many ways. Toyota is definitely ahead of the pack!

Love this car
By Vlinder on 07/12/09 18:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What can I say, I just love this car. This is my first hybrid. Was interested in the 2009, but I am glad I waited for the 2010. It gets great gas millage. Average 53 mpg. This is a fun car to drive. My son says it looks like a peanut. But I love my peanut :-) What more can I say...Toyota kudos to you.

99% Love It
By Mike on 07/12/09 12:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having just driven the car on a road trip, I love the car even more. With part of the trip involving driving through heavy rain, I have some interesting insights (below). HUGE style improvement with Prius V. Wish the antenna was shark fin, not antenna.

Another Happy Prius Owner
By gary256 on 07/10/09 09:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My model V had already been ordered by the dealer. The only other models available to see were a III and a IV, and they were already sold so I couldn't drive one. I decided to take the one coming based on research and the reputation of the Prius. Two weeks later it arrived. I am extremely pleased with my choice. The car met or exceeded all my expectations and is remarkably fun to drive. I find myself driving slower and enjoying it more. I love the Sandy Beach color and the wheels on the V really set it apart from the others.

I'm Lovin It
By Ashley on 07/09/09 23:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is a dream, it handles so well. At first I was afraid that it wouldn't have the acceleration that I've been used to but all I have to do is switch it into power mode and I zip along. The only downfall to this car is its blindspots.

The Prius - evaluating it for what it is
By wvgasguy on 07/09/09 07:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is an efficient, but sometimes high priced economy car. It is in that class of cars I am comparing the Prius. The Model V does indeed stick to the road with no noticeable handling concerns when driven at legal speeds. Without trying I have been exceeding 50 mpg, even with the 17" wheels. I consider the "loaded" Prius comparable in comfort with anything I've driven with the exception of some road noise AND the lack of a power seat adjustment. For economy, this car is at the top of the "want to have it" list. It has its own charm and to me the new body style is attractive rather than "funky" as I have described the previous generations. Not all will agree. You'll either love it or not.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Prius in VA is:

$112 per month*