Used 2010 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 249 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Happy so far
By Jagannath

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's about 2 weeks now since we got our Prius and we are pretty happy with it. Many features; we are trying to figure out many of them. Bluetooth setup is acting a little weird-not recognizing our iPhone. Mileage in the city is yet to be really tested. We took it on a little drive (180 miles) to test it on the highway and was very happy with the handling-braking was stable and though lacks the punch in acceleration, am not going to cry over a compromise. Got 48.5 mpg! Thats what I signed up for and hopefully will stay that way. Is comfortable,6-CD changer+JBL is awesome.

Display settings, JBL and 6-CD changer, touch-lock feature on door handle, too many to list.

Add a little oomph to the gasoline engine-feels wimpy.

A tool for the job
By LouFrez

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm an outside sales rep, travel approx 2000 miles per month. I Always have driven BMW or Acura, great cars, However I noticed that a lot of colleagues in my industry have gone to the PRIUS especially since the 2010 model, so i decided to switch to a PRIUS. Here are some reasons, 1- lower my fuel cost from $300 per month to $120 per month, 2 - we do our part in helping the environment, our clients like that part and it shows smarts by us. 3 - by far the best Hybrid buy in the market. 4 - The tools Toyota provides are second to none, like the bluetooth, navigation, stereo, and the cockpit is cool. I got the solar panels as well and they are worth it. Great Car would recommend it!

cockpit instruments, Navi, solar panels, Gas savings! Cool body style and lots of room. comfortable smooth ride. looks good.

put leather on steering wheel on the cloth interior option. back window split, need to figure out, looks good but the visibility you have to get used to it.

Think Twice 2010 Prius
By margieprius

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have 4 Toyotas all purchased from Westbury Toyota. All was good until I began to experience brake issues on my brand new 2010 Prius. The dealer's service was horrible, and they denied there was a problem. Eventually a recall for the non existent problem, and after the recall the braking on the car is less reliable then before, they say that's the way all the 2010 Prius' are.

I want to love the car, I love the mileage, the look, the way it drives, but again Braking is an important part of driving and the braking on the 2010 prius has issues.

Fix the brakes, let Toyota not cover up braking issues, and repair the cars. I have spoken with other 2010 owners, it is all the cars.. think twice, once you own it they tell you the problem is the way it supposed to be..

Great MPG
By green guy

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 4 weeks this car is great. still learning all the controls. 95 mile trip today ( 2 towns & HWY drive ) MPG is 60.7. Yes I drive a little over the speed limit. Great space, moved up from an Outback. I wonder how it will drive in the winter? Total MPG on both A& B trip OD is 59+.

Touch the door handle to lock or unlock. My wife even likes it ( a PT Cruiser driver )

None

Learning experience
By Billdp

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Prius strictly for the fuel economy. I have been commuting to work in a GMC Sierra pickup which I love but has not been kind to my wallet as the gas pump. I was very surprised by the ride and feel of the Prius the first time out. It rode like a mid size car not a compact. I fully expected that the vehicle is no performance machine so the acceleration issues were no surprise. This car teaches you how to drive efficiently and the gas mileage is insane. By far the best hybrid on the market, designed from the bottom up not an after thought like other hybrids. I still have my truck but I only drive it when I need to. I recommend this car to anyone who hates gassing up!

Body style. The JBL sound system rocks. Dashboard control center

Bigger wheels. A little better design of the steering wheel and driver side room. A little tight getting in and out of if your 6 ft or bigger.