Used 2010 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Big improvement over older Prius
By prius_driver

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this car in July 2009 and then drove it on a 2,040 mile round trip with three people and two dogs, plus luggage. Got 51 mpg westbound, and 54.2 mpg for the 1,020 mile eastbound journey. Much better than the 2004 Prius which got 46 mpg for the same trip. 2010 is much better in the snow, Bridgestone Ecopia tires handle the wet roads and some snow where the 2004 had the Goodyear Integrity which is only good for dry pavement. Current mileage is 57 mpg in mixed highway and 30 to 40 mph driving. I would like to see the driver's information display centered where the driver sits and of course be sure to turn off the annoying back up beeper- dealer can do this in 10 minutes.

The information screen that shows electric mode with a scale so you can keep the engine off while maximizing mileage.

Lose the back up beeper, improve rear visibility while maintaining the aerodynamic shape. Plug in hybrid model with 20+ miles of electric only range.

spaceship
By Herb

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in my dependable Civic ex for the Prius 11 . Everything seems about 1.5 times better on Prius. .Power, gas mileage, comfort and ride. Best car out there by far .

Mid 50s gas mileage ,cruise up hills with cruise control on no racing engine or down shifting .

Great radio in town but reception weak in fringe locations .

Still love my Prius
By art man

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I now have over 5000 miles on my Prius and have been very pleased. When I had my recall taken care of, I had them make the car so it would only beep once when I put the car in reverse (they did it for free). It has made the car more enjoyable to drive. Since I have had the car, I have been getting over 50 miles a gallon, that's with mixed driving. The car is fun to drive and the more time I spend behind the wheel, the more I like the car. Over all I am very happy with my Prius. Anyone who gets one will enjoy it, just give yourself a couple of week to get use to it, because it is quit different than most other cars.

MPG, Looks, inside and out, all the safety features

More padding on the armrests.

Toyota's Complacency and Arrogance hurts
By Dave

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm VERY disappointed. Not as refined as it should be. The strange dash design is different for no purpose other than novelty. It is neither functionally nor space- efficient. Any departure from "normal" in something like a car where there is a huge does of safety involved, by golly better offer HUGE benefits, and the Prius doesn't. Not enough tactile identification and feedback on the dash controls. Thankfully they kept Toyota's "best in the world" cruise control multi-function stalk. The ride is harsher than need be, and the seats are extremely hard and uncomfortable. And no power adjustments? This is 2010! Outward visibility is poor. Too many distractions, including a split rear window.

Fuel economy. Attempt to move automotive technology to a higher level. Cruise control stalk - a MASTERPIECE. Falls readily to hand, requires NO distracting visual interaction, logically performs ALL required functions (including cancel without hitting the brake). Should be mandatory in ALL cars!

A "gear" selector that is much more conventional and takes NO "figuring out". The "stick shift" form is horribly space and function inefficient, as is the "floating console". The controls should all fall logically and readily to hand, and require no visual interaction. Prius fails miserably here.

Toyota for Life!
By mc2010

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've driven my 2010 Prius since 10/2009 and I love it. I was surprised with the roominess of the interior, fun to drive and quality built car. I did experience the grabby brakes, but after I received the recall notice I took it to the dealership and the problem was fixed. I was very happy with the service I received at Toyota of Laredo, they were very professional, friendly and really helpful. I would not hesitate to purchase another Toyota and am grateful to Toyota for standing behind their vehicles. Thank you Toyota.

Too many favorite features to list.

Rear visibility.