Used 2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 254 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Love it
By sigjuliussen

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great MPG, I have been getting 50+ city and I got 51.7 on 400 mile trip through Alaskan mountain roads. I'm 6'4" and 340 lbs and I fit fine, easy to get in and out of. Lots of cargo room

Gas mileage,easy in and out for big person, leg room and Key less entry/ignition

better radio reception

Sound idea, design, and package
By PowerNS

Interior design needs darker shades because the dealerships I visited had mostly tan interiors. The brake pedal has an odd feel. The initial acceleration from 0 to 20 mph in ECO mode is slow. And it's a Prius I am not going to power mode it all the time otherwise I would have bought a "Only" internal combustion car. Rear seat legroom could use an extra 4 inches. Power seats would be great. The 50 MPG average is a farce. You have to coast and watch the mpg monitor to get 50+ mpg. I get 48 to 49 mpg around town to and from work normally. Otherwise the car is worth $23K and the design and mpg is what sold me. Previous car was a 2002 Infiniti Q45.

Design, MPG, and built quality.

Better MPG, bigger battery capacity, more leg room in the back, auto seats, and arm rest positioned higher.

Better than expected
By sidefx

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wasn't expecting this car to have as much oomph as it does. Coming from a v6 Honda with 265 hp, I thought I would be disappointed, but I'm not. Two weeks so far and mpg is amazing. At fill up I compared my own calculations on my 1st tank to what the dashboard says and it was exactly the same to the tenths place!! BTW it was 47.6 and that included me pushing the car to its limits in the first few days ;) halfway through the second tank I'm at 54.2 mpg and easily maintaining that thanks to the useful meter that helps you achieve great results. I'd like to comment on another post. You CAN make all the doors open when touching the sensor on the handle of the car. Read the manual!

3 power mode options, although eco is the best and sufficient. bluetooth call quality, entry system is so smooth (no buttons to push on the handle) just open it like normal and your in! Interior lights sense when you approach the car and turn on automatically! The best experience at a dealer yet!

sunroof option that doesn't include the seemingly useless expensive solar panel roof. bigger wheels without hubcaps. telescopic steering wheel should come out more. shark fin antenna, the current one is old fashioned. lock on the glove box or at least on the compartment under the hatch is a must.

Just buy it
By newmonk

Just bought it 4 days ago, driven for around 250 miles..What can i say. Just buy it. Great fun car, very quite, very smooth and best of all MPG of 48+. Just love it.

MPG, Tracer Display; Quite operations

Can it be a little cheaper..

Great car
By John

I've had the car since last Thursday and have about 300 miles on it. It is everything I expected and seriously, I do not understand the agenda of those who write negative reviews on the vehicle. The Prius is one of three cars I own one of which is a 5 series BMW. I have not touched any of the other cars since I got the Prius. All in all, it is a super car.

Gas milage, looks, trunk and seating capacity, fun transmission.

I cannot think of any at the moment.