Used 2010 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Toyota's Complacency and Arrogance hurts
By Dave

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm VERY disappointed. Not as refined as it should be. The strange dash design is different for no purpose other than novelty. It is neither functionally nor space- efficient. Any departure from "normal" in something like a car where there is a huge does of safety involved, by golly better offer HUGE benefits, and the Prius doesn't. Not enough tactile identification and feedback on the dash controls. Thankfully they kept Toyota's "best in the world" cruise control multi-function stalk. The ride is harsher than need be, and the seats are extremely hard and uncomfortable. And no power adjustments? This is 2010! Outward visibility is poor. Too many distractions, including a split rear window.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy. Attempt to move automotive technology to a higher level. Cruise control stalk - a MASTERPIECE. Falls readily to hand, requires NO distracting visual interaction, logically performs ALL required functions (including cancel without hitting the brake). Should be mandatory in ALL cars!

Suggested Improvements

A "gear" selector that is much more conventional and takes NO "figuring out". The "stick shift" form is horribly space and function inefficient, as is the "floating console". The controls should all fall logically and readily to hand, and require no visual interaction. Prius fails miserably here.

Toyota for Life!
By mc2010

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've driven my 2010 Prius since 10/2009 and I love it. I was surprised with the roominess of the interior, fun to drive and quality built car. I did experience the grabby brakes, but after I received the recall notice I took it to the dealership and the problem was fixed. I was very happy with the service I received at Toyota of Laredo, they were very professional, friendly and really helpful. I would not hesitate to purchase another Toyota and am grateful to Toyota for standing behind their vehicles. Thank you Toyota.

Favorite Features

Too many favorite features to list.

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility.

Well designed
By Rex

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After spending some time with my Prius I can say it's a great car with just a few issues. In power mode it's plenty fast. I have no issues accelerating up to highway speeds. I would however, like a car that feels a little more nimble. Although it turns fairly flat, it just feels bigger than it is, a little sluggish. Brakes are indeed "grabby". Overall well designed, I get about 48 on the highway, 52 in the city. It's a real joy to "idle" or drive without a gas engine going. The seats are a bit hard for my liking and I don't appreciate the little interior squeaks and rattles. None of my other Toyota's did that. I don't' have a problem with visibility.

Favorite Features

Hybrid technology, of course! Different power modes, nice paint, interior design, acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Interior fit and finish. My base model Yaris feels higher quality with no rattles! Softer seats. More uniform brake feel.

Prius 2010 exceeds our expectations!
By Bullitt

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My fiancee and I bought the Prius 2010 first week of January and we really love it in red. We test-drove the Venza but only the Prius exceeded our expectations with the comfort, MPG and sporty look (especially from the front). The MPG is excellent (45 mpg mixed in the winter on hilly roads around Pittsburgh). The rear visibility is not a problem at all! The people who have a problem with it should pass their driving test again because it's really easy to park. The base model has everything you need (keyless entry, bluetooth, alloy wheels, excellent radio). There is enough power when you need it; the car has just been fixed with the recall (never noticed any issues). Try it and you'll love it!

Favorite Features

keyless entry and bluetooth on standard model, display, great MPG!

Suggested Improvements

backup sound is confusing: it sounds like a backup radar; increase the battery capacity to get even better mileage(I guess on the next model)

Love it !
By tofuhead

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am a Porsche driver so I was very skeptical when it comes to the acceleration of a hybrid, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was more than adequate. The car is smooth, comfortable, built nice, and very quiet. I love the Blizzard White color I chose. Only had it for a few hours but I suspect I'll drive it a lot more often than my Porsche as I have two little boys.

Favorite Features

Quietness and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

The body can be a little less boxy, bigger wheels would be nice too.