2010 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews 2

2010 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Excellent car
By hbedmunds on 10/30/11 10:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was surprised at some of the reviews indicating care was uncomfortable etc. I have never written a car review before, but the 2010 Pirus is such an excellent car, that it deserves a review. I now have 29,000 miles. I track the mileage on most fill-ups, and my average is 48.7mpg over more than 27,000 miles check. Mileage is best in rush hour traffic, worst for short trips of 3 miles or less and when driveing higher than 65 mph. I find the car fun to drive around town and VERY comfortable on long trips, much more so for my back than previous 1990 Maxima and 2001 Avalon. We originally assumed that we would only use it in town, but now use it as exclusive choice for long trips. No issues

Improve the visibility
By hybridguy3 on 08/22/11 17:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I owned my 2010 Prius for just under a year and learned to hate it for the following reasons: Bad bad brakes, hit a bump and lose them for a split second, not dangerous but disconcerting. Visibility to the rear and sides is awful, especially in the winter; the bottom half of the split rear window is impossible to keep clean. My wife, who is 5'2", refused to drive it because of poor visibility. The dash squeaked in cold weather. Dashboard readouts difficult to read with polarized sunglasses. The handling is not quick and the seats, while okay for a short drive are murder on a long one. Bought a Civic Hybrid because it doesn't have any of the problems listed above.

surprised
By mcruzen on 07/16/11 12:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am an official car nut, bought a new prius 4 in December of 2010 to commute 20 miles to work. Thought I have to sacrifice fun and comfort for the fuel economy. I have been pleasantly surprised. In 7.5 months we have put over 15,000 miles on the car and coordinate all of our travel around the availability of the prius. Performance has been amazing, mileage terrific and its fun to drive. I really wonder why household doesn't have one in their garage.

Initial impressions
By lamike1 on 04/06/11 14:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius I 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought it to get great gas mileage and that's what it does. After driving on 1 tank, we averaged 45 mpg...yeah, it's not the 48/51 as stated on the EPA but I can definitely live with 45 mpg when gas is creeping to $4/gal. Also, don't let people tell you otherwise, there is plenty of space in this car. No it's not a minivan or an SUV but it's spacious enough for a family of 4. I plan to write a review a year from now on it but initial first impressions are definitely very positive!

2010 Prius IV Low gas mileaage
By clarkins on 03/16/11 03:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my 2010 in october of 2010 and car is ok, but a few design flows, like heated seats under center dash, vision do not extend, no power seats. I have been tracking the mileage fo car since purchase and only average 40.13 mpg after 17 tanks and 7000 miles. Not happy with that at all. The only time the cars has seen 50 + mpg is costing down hill for about 30 miles. dealer said t put premium gas in to increase mpg, if I wante dto put premium gas in a car I have my Lexus for that, not this Prius. The sticker says nothing about having to use high grade gas to get 50 mpg. It's a very misleading sticker and advertising from Toyota. Quaility not what is use to be either.

Civic Hybrid vs. Prius
By civictoprius on 02/26/11 15:20 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having traded in a 2005 Civic Hybrid after putting over 150,000 miles on it and have been driving Honda's for 20 years, I purchased a 2010 Prius II. The new versions of the Hybrid Civic can not come close in MPG. After having the Prius for months and 7000 miles I can report the Prius rides better, is more powerful (in regular and PWR mode) more stable on the road, quiter, and is more roomy. with at least 50 MPG commuting and carpooling over 130 miles per day. The late versions of this model only goes to 9 mph in EV mode and not 25 mph as advertised.

One year in.
By lvboardwalk on 02/21/11 04:53 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought our Prius on the last work day sat. feb 27, 2010 and got a great deal. It was quota time and with all the recall news on Prius we ended up saving $4,200. We also found a Toyota dealer on line to get and extended factory warranty for $820. as opposed to the dealers $1399. After some 7,000 miles we were amazed to get some 53mpg warm weather and around 47 in the Ohio cold. Very pleased with the mialage. We have never driven in anything but ECO gear. We will replace our 2004 Pontiac Vibe (Matrix) with a new Prius once we see what the new ones have to offer. The Vibe has been excellent but is now obsolete. My daughter will take it over.

Is it a "big little car" or a "little big car?"
By priuspapa on 02/16/11 10:05 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was "hooked" with my first test-drive. I initially was looking at either the 2010 Sonata or Elantra but the Prius just blew me away with its sophistication and refined performance. So smooooth, quiet, and well-mannered. I've been a compact car man my whole life but have never owned a car as unique as this one. I'm constantly stopped by passers-by who ask me how I like it. My family, friends, and associates are all overly curious about "how it works" and the space-age digital graphic dashboard displays are amazing. I've only had it for 2 months and about 3,000 miles so far but long enough to have opinions - mostly favorable.

Great Car!
By escoandesco on 02/15/11 13:18 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm a retired car dealer so having always had access to a car, I left my family scratching their head when I bought my first new one in about 30 years or so. Even crazier was the fact that I was the co-owner of a Honda/Acura Dealership during the 90's. I was attracted to the Prius because of it's 21st century styling and the experiences I had with them while out of town and using one as a rental. I never had to put gas in the darn thing, the needle never seemed to move. That was the real motivator for me ... "cheap to drive".

Prius IV - Great Experience Since August 2010
By grimey2 on 01/23/11 21:42 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I reviewed this car's traits as compared to other hybrids presently on the market. In "Power" mode, plenty of pickup is always available. Its like driving a regular Corolla (has the same engine) but I find "Eco" is perfect for every situation. Leather seats are high quality/durable & dash layout is easy to read. Nice XM radio & BT interface for handsfree - works well. Agree with center console squeaks. While worse in cold wx, UNSAT for a Toyota. Have had no issues mechanically/otherwise with regen brakes, lurching, etc. 45-50 Avg city/hwy - love it