Used 2010 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Leased it, loved it, bought it
By icehorses

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I leased my Prius and at the end of the three years opted to buy it. No problems whatsoever, just change the oil, rotate the tires, and you're good to go. I average between 52-55 MPG (combined city/highway), it sips gas. When I first leased it I read up on how to drive a Prius to get the most effective gas mileage, coasting and avoiding rapid acceleration definitely helps to optimize your fuel economy. I'm tall and I find it to be a very comfortable vehicle with plenty of headroom and pleasant interior. If you need to have a lot of power and acceleration at your fingertips, this isn't the vehicle for you. If you appreciate a quiet ride and phenomenal gas mileage, then it just might be!

Favorite Features

Exceptional fuel economy, spacious interior, good visibility

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system isn't great, seems to go through tires faster

Very pleased with my Prius V
By peter_peter

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall, I am very pleased. Looked for months at many different cars (sedans) from BMW's to Acuras to MBZ but the Toyota Prius always stood on my list of options. Averaging between 48-51 mpg, half street and freeways. Perfect commuter car, I fill up my gas tank and spend almost half as compared to my wife's Civic. Nothing wrong with the Civic, but this Toyota has everything. Fully loaded with everything from navi, Bluetooth, leather, cold AC, 17 inch wheels, key-less go and the list goes on. The car does turn on and off when the engine is not needed,nothing major but not something I expected, no big deal. Highly recommend this car to someone who wants something different and gets great mpg.

Favorite Features

Got to love the HIGH MPG'S, let's start there. Took it from LA to Vegas to Utah and back with 2 adults with luggage using the AC and got about 45 MPG. On my daily commute I am back to par at 49 MPG and growing. Love the handsfree phone system, links my contacts to the screen, rides pretty smooth and quite. Another great feature I'd say would be the display that shows you how your foot is applying the accelerator, it allows you to see where you can achieve the best mpg's.

Suggested Improvements

I'd say an area of improvement would be the acceleration. Currently, if I need a little extra juice I have to hit the power button and it responds nicely. But other than that no complaints.

Love our Prius
By paul5637

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have a 2010 Prius III. Loved it from the start. It has as much head room as our mini van or more. We haul it loaded full Illinois to Florida and back Fall and Spring and get on average 48 mpg overall. That surprised me with driving the interstates most of the way at 70 mph a lot. Definitely will get another one for our next car. When I see the price of gas going up it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to. With getting over twice the mpg as my previous vehicles, I figure $4/gal gas is like paying $2/gal.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry locks and starting; built in Navi system; back up camera.

Suggested Improvements

Miss headlights that automatically come on at dusk; doesn't have the programable button for garage door opener like I have had before; miss the distance sensors on back bumper like I have had.

2010 Prius Touring
By sg3msmith

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Own a 2010 Prius Touring. Still own a 2004 Prius. This third gen car is a great step up. The driving position is much more comfortable than previous generation. Quieter cabin ride. Engine develops more HP and you can tell the difference. Like the positioning of the controls (much easier to see everything). Very nice car. Glad to have my 2nd Prius.

Favorite Features

Leather interior is a dream and all the options the Touring model has are a nice plus. Navigation and backup camera are very nice additions.

Used V with Advanced Tech
By euphony010

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this as a used one owner with 42k miles. A little under a year later and I'm at 63k miles, averaging 43.1MPG. The 17" wheels likely account for the low average, but I'm happy since it has been on a few packed road trips. If you're considering the Advanced Tech package, I think it's a no-brainer if you are commuting on the interstate. The Dynamic Radar Cruise Control makes my daily commutes much less irritating (it can slow the car down to 25mph if necessary). Pair that with the Lane Keep Assist and the system can make a good attempt at steering the car while at speed. I use both daily. The Pre-Collision System has activated twice, and the seat belt tensioning happened once.

Favorite Features

Dynamic Radar Cruise Control Lane Keep Assist Pre-Collision System Easy to use Navigation Bluetooth is excellent