2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
I truly love my Pruis!
By Lina on 08/07/09 08:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought 2010 Pruis II two weeks ago and we love it. The fuel efficiency is 49.5 miles per gallon. As you drive a little more you will figure out how to even get more MPG. The exterior and interior design are awesome. It is roomy, comfortable, high tech, and driving is great. It comes with 7 airbags including knee. It is easy to handle and control on the road. Quality is great comparing to similar cars available on the market. It also offer great options like bluetooth, assisted parking, backup camera, and navigation, etc. Toyota has done a great job!!!

The Prestigious Prius
By EF on 08/04/09 11:03 AM (PDT)

As I am a first-time owner of a Prius, I really am enjoying the sleek design, interior comfort, and of course, superior gas mileage. In order to maximize fuel economy, there are certain ways of driving that differ from conventional fuel vehicles. That makes the Prius interesting to learn to drive and fun as well! I certainly feel safe in this vehicle, even though I have driven an SUV for over 10 years. Overall, it is a great feeling going green!

Toyota Prius leaving others in the dust
By prius51mpg on 08/01/09 08:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is truly an amazing car. Getting 57mpg and just a fun car to drive. Considered the Insight and the Fusion and ended up going with the Prius and got $4500 for my clunker through the Cash for Clunkers program.

Reformed Gas Guzzler
By tjpultz on 07/31/09 14:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in a loaded Jeep GC LTD that got 14 mpg for the Prius that so far gives me about 45 mpg. A whopping 300% improvement in fuel economy! The money I'm saving on gas pays for my car insurance every month. I was concerned that it wouldn't be big enough for me because I'm 6'3" but the leg room at 42.5" is better than most vehicles of any size. Performance was another concern but 0 to 60 in 9.8 seconds is more than adequate for anybody who isn't racing. Overall I think this is an outstanding vehicle that I would recommend to anyone. You can tell that Toyota has made every effort to keep the Prius on the cutting edge. As one of the other reviewers said, "it's like driving a space ship".

Super Economical vehicle
By morphius12812003 on 07/28/09 23:04 PM (PDT)

My wife and I have recently driven home with our new 2010 Prius IV package. We paid for the extra paint and door sills. The illuminated door sills are excellent additions and we both love the aesthetics. As for overall performance, the vehicle remains efficient and sleek with its re-design. Added power and versatility gives more pep in the open road (although it will not win many street races). We have also looked at adding after-market products to accent the new purchase, paying much lower than dealer pricing. Don't let the dealer charge MSRP or more, I got mine for $1000 below sticker, plus a 7 year-75k bumper-2-bumper warranty for only $945 extra.

Exceeds expectations
By privateIdaho on 07/28/09 21:07 PM (PDT)

This is my first hybrid. Better than I was expecting. Got it primarily for fuel economy for daily commute, part city, part 55-60 mph rural highway (not much freeway miles). Got 57.2 actual mpg on first tank, 58.6 on third and most recent tank, current tank at least that good, display shows 62.4 mpg, but the display is 2 to 3 mpg above actual calculated mpg. Isn't powerful, but once while entering freeway I had to punch it to merge, and it surprised me that it delivered. I'm 6'4" and was worried about feeling squeezed, but it is more roomy and comfortable than I was expecting, but I wouldn't call it spacious. Never need EV mode, as throttle easily controls when it's all electric or not.

Love my Pruis V
By robnbill on 07/27/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are techies at heart and love our toys. The Prius V with ATP fulfills that and more. While it doesn't speed away from the light like a muscle car, it does have enough power to get on the interstates safely when you need to. The layout of the car and the comfort of the car are superb. We bought the car for a commuter car and It works very well in that role. I can go for at least two weeks without a fill up. We added a VAIS iPod adapter to the vehicle so we could control the iPod from the Nav Unit. This also allows the Sat Nav to still be functional. Our other car is a Lexus GS 350. Both are enjoyable cars to drive, but for commuting, the Prius wins hands down.

A stylish green machine
By 2010-V on 07/26/09 15:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After a three week adjustment period, I have grown to enjoy driving this car. I must say that it is vastly different from anything I have even driven before. It gets a lot of attention around town and on the highway and is quite different from any of the former generation Priuses. The styling and color (classic silver) are eye catching. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase.

My first hybrid
By IndyPrius on 07/25/09 12:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I previously owned a 2007 Honda Fit and traded it in for a 2010 Prius III. The fuel economy is amazing. I have driven it for a week and put 300 miles on it so far; I have 1/2 a tank left! I have been averaging 49 mpg, and I am learning to change my old gas guzzling driving habits. The hybrid handling was strange/different from what I am used to, but I am slowly adjusting. The interior is roomy. This car feels more solid on the road than my previous Fit. I feel very safe in the Prius. As I learn more about hypermiling, I hope to be in the 60 mpg range in a few months. I have no regrets trading in my Fit for the Prius. I don't dread driving anymore b/c it's so fun to drive this car!

Pleasant experience
By britjunkie on 07/24/09 15:20 PM (PDT)

I'm quite surprised by the performance of the car. No trouble keeping up and passing on steep mountain interstate. Mileage after a whopping 160 miles is 52.4! A/C is colder and better than my old V8 [2007]. I had rented a series II last year and found the dead spot in the steering unacceptable. This steering still has a little dead spot but I'm sure I'll either forget about it or just accept it. Typical Toyota quality. My wife hates little cars but is very impressed with this one, says she won't mind driving this around town.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback in VA is:

$112 per month*