Used 2010 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Great MPG
By green guy

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 4 weeks this car is great. still learning all the controls. 95 mile trip today ( 2 towns & HWY drive ) MPG is 60.7. Yes I drive a little over the speed limit. Great space, moved up from an Outback. I wonder how it will drive in the winter? Total MPG on both A& B trip OD is 59+.

Touch the door handle to lock or unlock. My wife even likes it ( a PT Cruiser driver )

None

Learning experience
By Billdp

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Prius strictly for the fuel economy. I have been commuting to work in a GMC Sierra pickup which I love but has not been kind to my wallet as the gas pump. I was very surprised by the ride and feel of the Prius the first time out. It rode like a mid size car not a compact. I fully expected that the vehicle is no performance machine so the acceleration issues were no surprise. This car teaches you how to drive efficiently and the gas mileage is insane. By far the best hybrid on the market, designed from the bottom up not an after thought like other hybrids. I still have my truck but I only drive it when I need to. I recommend this car to anyone who hates gassing up!

Body style. The JBL sound system rocks. Dashboard control center

Bigger wheels. A little better design of the steering wheel and driver side room. A little tight getting in and out of if your 6 ft or bigger.

Big improvement over older Prius
By prius_driver

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this car in July 2009 and then drove it on a 2,040 mile round trip with three people and two dogs, plus luggage. Got 51 mpg westbound, and 54.2 mpg for the 1,020 mile eastbound journey. Much better than the 2004 Prius which got 46 mpg for the same trip. 2010 is much better in the snow, Bridgestone Ecopia tires handle the wet roads and some snow where the 2004 had the Goodyear Integrity which is only good for dry pavement. Current mileage is 57 mpg in mixed highway and 30 to 40 mph driving. I would like to see the driver's information display centered where the driver sits and of course be sure to turn off the annoying back up beeper- dealer can do this in 10 minutes.

The information screen that shows electric mode with a scale so you can keep the engine off while maximizing mileage.

Lose the back up beeper, improve rear visibility while maintaining the aerodynamic shape. Plug in hybrid model with 20+ miles of electric only range.

spaceship
By Herb

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in my dependable Civic ex for the Prius 11 . Everything seems about 1.5 times better on Prius. .Power, gas mileage, comfort and ride. Best car out there by far .

Mid 50s gas mileage ,cruise up hills with cruise control on no racing engine or down shifting .

Great radio in town but reception weak in fringe locations .

Still love my Prius
By art man

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I now have over 5000 miles on my Prius and have been very pleased. When I had my recall taken care of, I had them make the car so it would only beep once when I put the car in reverse (they did it for free). It has made the car more enjoyable to drive. Since I have had the car, I have been getting over 50 miles a gallon, that's with mixed driving. The car is fun to drive and the more time I spend behind the wheel, the more I like the car. Over all I am very happy with my Prius. Anyone who gets one will enjoy it, just give yourself a couple of week to get use to it, because it is quit different than most other cars.

MPG, Looks, inside and out, all the safety features

More padding on the armrests.