2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
My dream car!
By krit1 on 08/04/14 13:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2008 Prius was totaled in a car accident and I got very little from my insurance co. So, I opted for a Ford Fiesta. Hated it from the start! Took it to the dealer twice for lunging and I hated the gear shift. A disaster!! I traded it in for a 2010 Prius with 50,000. I can't tell you the extraordinary difference. It's like trading up from a Datsun to a cutting-edge, super Eco dream car. It drives like velvet. The console is easy to navigate. The body is sporty, the interior spacious, as is the trunk. I can't think of anything negative other than my III model didn't come with a 6 changer CD player. But, the dealership will rectify it. I will never shop out of the Prius family.

Love our Prius
By paul5637 on 07/06/13 20:26 PM (PDT)

We have a 2010 Prius III. Loved it from the start. It has as much head room as our mini van or more. We haul it loaded full Illinois to Florida and back Fall and Spring and get on average 48 mpg overall. That surprised me with driving the interstates most of the way at 70 mph a lot. Definitely will get another one for our next car. When I see the price of gas going up it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to. With getting over twice the mpg as my previous vehicles, I figure $4/gal gas is like paying $2/gal.

One year in.
By lvboardwalk on 02/21/11 04:53 AM (PST)

We bought our Prius on the last work day sat. feb 27, 2010 and got a great deal. It was quota time and with all the recall news on Prius we ended up saving $4,200. We also found a Toyota dealer on line to get and extended factory warranty for $820. as opposed to the dealers $1399. After some 7,000 miles we were amazed to get some 53mpg warm weather and around 47 in the Ohio cold. Very pleased with the mialage. We have never driven in anything but ECO gear. We will replace our 2004 Pontiac Vibe (Matrix) with a new Prius once we see what the new ones have to offer. The Vibe has been excellent but is now obsolete. My daughter will take it over.

So far very pleased
By sporin71 on 01/03/11 18:16 PM (PST)

We got our Blue Prius III almost a month ago and are very pleased so far. Living in Vermont, we had the car delivered with snow tires on it and between those, and the ever-cold tems, we are averaging just 40mpg so far. But that is to be expected under the conditions. I expect around 50 when temps go up and the LLR tires go back on. With the snow tires, the car has been very good on the snow covered roads and I highly suggest that anyone dealing with regular snow falls run dedicated snow tires on this car. I'm a big guy, 6' tall and 300+ and this car fits very well. Only negative so far is a plethora of squeaks and groans from the hard plastic dash... worse in cold weather.

Awesome Commuter Car
By sporttracz on 12/31/10 18:50 PM (PST)

After driving a new Hyundai Elantra and the Prius, I opted for the Prius. Took a trip that was 200 miles one way and got 53 mpg. Not bad since the weather was below freezing. The car is very comfortable and has good power when you use the power option. The JBL stereo sounds great. No worry's on the maintenance for 2 years which is nice.

Great commuter
By perfectstorm1 on 12/15/10 12:56 PM (PST)

Replaced 230K mile Camry which hardly made 25 MPG and lots of repair cost at the end. It drives high 40's (46 to 49 MPG) in winter weather. Cannot wait for warm weather to test Sunroof/fan feature. It drives fine at highway, and corners very well (not much leaning).

do not buy. drive & quality poor
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

I hate it, wife loves it. had the car 2 months and it is covered in dents from acorns (tree above our parking space). this is not just my car, I have looked for and seen this in parking lots on several prius's. drive is not comfortable, poor seats and acceleration makes the gas engine rev wildly but have little effect. interior ceiling feels like recycled cardboard. (feel roof when you test drive). rear view mirror shakes with stereo base. only use is for short runs where you don't go over 30mph. (wife uses it for these) unfortunately I drive 99% on the freeway and the car shakes at 55mph (center console esp.). windshield fogs up quickly at all times.

I love my Prius, too!
By PrAl10 on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

Bought my 2010 Prius (my first Toyota) to replace my 2003 Altima (with 280,000 miles!). I am impressed with how brilliant its design philosophy is, and, of course, the amazing fuel economy (53 m.p.g. actual average over the first 10,000 miles). I love driving it, I feel more relaxed and no longer "sweat" traffic jams and red lights as much as before. Compared to the Altima I am saving ~$40/week at the current fuel prices. I think I will always buy hybrid cars from now on!

critique
By ? mean on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

Gimmick to have to pay $300+ for home link for garage openers, plus no refund for the useless mirror. A "fraud" to talk up application of Xzylon ?sp at $500 plus. See comments already listed by customers. I checked with another Toyota dealer, plus former GM executive who both claimed it is a money grabbing gimmick by certain dealers. The other Toyota dealer said they would never offer it and admitted it is not a benefit with the good paints today in the industry. I will no longer (2 months into a 3 yr. lease) recommend this dealer nor go there for service.

Very happy with my Prius III
By Ron on 09/06/10 08:24 AM (PDT)

I have had my 2010 Prius III for just over 6 weeks and driven 2,200 miles. My driving is a combination of short city trips, highway driving, and some mountainous driving. My car's computer indicates my mileage is low 50s but my calculations indicate high 40s. Considering the car is not yet broken in and my driving habits are NOT conducive to high mileage, I am satisfied so far. My previous car was a 2003 Honda Civic that I purchased new. It was a dependable, economical, and reliable vehicle and I was happy with it. The Prius is larger, more comfortable, quieter, and gets better mileage. I love the upgraded stereo w/bluetooth and XM radio. Overall, I am very happy with my Prius.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback in VA is:

$112 per month*