Used 2010 Toyota Prius III Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Love my Prius
By Annonymous

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great car. It has a large cargo capacity (20 bags of mulch). It has been totally reliable and has not cost a penny more than maintenance for oil changes, tire rotations, and a set of new tires.

Worth every penny
By Carlos

People say you get what you paid for, but with this car you get so much more, and just so you know that I know what I am talking about I had a Cadillac, 2 Honda civic,, 2 accord 1 camry, 1 Subaru, and a Toyota previa and nothing come near close to this car regarding reliability or economy is not just the gas , the brake pads alone last close to 100.000 miles I have about 110.000 miles and beside regular oil changes and the brakes nothing else, the car run smooth no matter how hot or cold is it, the economy is not the greatest in cold weather but that is a fact in every other car, my only complain would be on the handling and the ride. the steering wheel feels like you are in a boat instead of a car, weird and to keep it in an straight line in bad wether (wind,rain or snow) is a chore who would have tought that a hybrid would be synonymous with poor handling harsh ride and poor driving position.

My dream car!
By krit1

My 2008 Prius was totaled in a car accident and I got very little from my insurance co. So, I opted for a Ford Fiesta. Hated it from the start! Took it to the dealer twice for lunging and I hated the gear shift. A disaster!!

I traded it in for a 2010 Prius with 50,000. I can't tell you the extraordinary difference. It's like trading up from a Datsun to a cutting-edge, super Eco dream car.

It drives like velvet. The console is easy to navigate. The body is sporty, the interior spacious, as is the trunk. I can't think of anything negative other than my III model didn't come with a 6 changer CD player. But, the dealership will rectify it. I will never shop out of the Prius family.

Gas Mileage, sporty look, easy to use, cutting edge console, spacious inside, fun to drive, smooth drive, reliable...everything is right about this car!

Future cutting edge design. I look forward to the 2015 model. Toyota is on it! They are forward thinkers.

Love our Prius
By paul5637

We have a 2010 Prius III.
Loved it from the start. It has as much head room as our mini van or more. We haul it loaded full Illinois to Florida and back Fall and Spring and get on average 48 mpg overall.
That surprised me with driving the interstates most of the way at 70 mph a lot.
Definitely will get another one for our next car.
When I see the price of gas going up it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to. With getting over twice the mpg as my previous vehicles, I figure $4/gal gas is like paying $2/gal.

Keyless entry locks and starting; built in Navi system; back up camera.

Miss headlights that automatically come on at dusk; doesn't have the programable button for garage door opener like I have had before; miss the distance sensors on back bumper like I have had.

One year in.
By lvboardwalk

We bought our Prius on the last work day sat. feb 27, 2010 and got a great deal. It was quota time and with all the recall
news on Prius we ended up saving $4,200.
We also found a Toyota dealer
on line to get and extended factory
warranty for $820. as opposed to the dealers $1399. After some 7,000 miles we were amazed to get some 53mpg warm weather and around 47 in the Ohio cold. Very pleased with the mialage.
We have never driven in anything but ECO gear.
We will replace our 2004 Pontiac Vibe (Matrix) with a new Prius once we see what the new ones have to offer. The Vibe has been excellent but is now obsolete.
My daughter will take it over.

We like the solor roof and the GPS altho were still learning it (300+ pages) Our Garman plug in is less complicated. The trunk space like our Vibe is very spacious especially when dropping down the seats. The synthetic oil is a nice touch since we dont have to take it in till 10,000 miles. It may cost more but not as often. The mialage is a big plus for us since we drive to Pa. and WVa. casino's. We fill it up and have pleanty of gas to drive around on when we get back....amazing. Our passengers compliment the Prius on it being quiet and roomy comfortable especially on a long trip.

The plastic finish scratches especially around the point of securring the seat belt. In the III you have to turn on and off the headlights. We did'nt have to do that in our older models of Toyota's, thus we now have to remember to turn them on and off. I believe the IV has auto headlights but we did'nt want leather seats.