Used 2010 Toyota Prius II Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

500 miles between stops! Can't complain about 50+!
By Jesse

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Above average MPG, above average cargo room, trouble free and comfortable. Acceleration is fine, just step on it! Don't worry about traction battery, 15+ years history of no major issues.

Prius V is great!
By Pam Marston

I would highly recommend the Prius for people who are more home oriented although it is wonderful on the road too.

Quiet, cool, ethical economy
By P. B. Jameson

I never thought I would use the solar air conditioning feature, but it is wonderful to come back to a comfortable car on a hot summer day. This car has been incredibly reliable. Maintenance has consisted of an oil change every 10,000 miles. No mechanical problems, which seems impressive in a car that is technologically so complex. On the freeway I get up to 53 mpg. Mileage drops with heat or cold, but is never far off 50 mpg. If it were better on snowy hills, and had slightly higher ground clearance, I would have no complaints. It is an amazing car. The low emissions and good gas mileage are the best reasons for owning this car.

A bulletproof toaster on wheels
By Daniel Karol

I went from owning a Bentley GT straight to a Prius III (for cost cut back reasons). All my friends of course laughed and the surprise was fun for everyone. But the choice was truly a good experience. I have to say the hybrid tech is what all cars should have today and this car has the best, seamless integration. Of course the MPG is what people buy this for and yes it does go forever for $20.00. This car is a no brainer to buy for anyone who would like to spend next to nothing. I bought this car used with very little milage. In my opinion I would not recommend to pay MSRP for this car if you are considering it, simply buy a few years older with little milage. I cannot recommend its asking price because you just wont feel good about laying down 35+K for this if you are a car guy.

As far as performance, there is none, forget it. Its extremely slow and sounds like the little 4 cylinder is having a hard time.

Interior works but its extremely plain and feels like tupperware. Plastics all around. All of the interior fabrics are awful especially the light tan, stains extremely easy and turns dirty. I recommend seat covers. The seats are also not comfortable at all especially for long drives.

There is zero luxury in this car, literally none. I dont' care if you go for leather seats option, there is nothing about this car that says luxury. You will feel simple, like your wearing cheap shorts and a t shirt from Walmart. If you are a self respecting person and want to feel great, do not get this car.

The hatchback design with seats folded down means you can pretty much stuff your whole bedroom in it, there is a LOT of space. I put a 70" TV in plus more, the room just never runs out, which is awesome.

But, I do have to say that this car is bulletproof and will never let you down. You can do whatever you want with her and she will just work. If your looking for a car for extremely long road trips and getting around town for 2 weeks on one tank of gas you cannot go wrong.
If you are a car guy and expects to fall in love with the car, good luck.

100,000 miles and going strong!
By Luis Esparza

This is my second Prius. My first one is a 2005. But right at 100k miles the expensive to replace door lock actuators have become intermittent! Dealer estimate was $1000 to replace them, with an oil change included... Way too expensive for a part that should survive 1 million cycles or more. Even if I used the door locks 10 times per day, for 5 years, thats 91,250 open and close cycles. My 2005 Prius, my T-100, my 2004 Siena have never had any door lock issues. What is the real story Toyota??? The forums are peppered with faulty door lock stories on the more recent Prius models. My dealer gave me some story that Toyota alerted the service centers that air fresheners affect the electronics and thats why my door lock actuators failed?!?!?! Realy!?!?! Typical actuators are $20 to $50, but Toyota decided to charge $350 each... This is a recall candidate and Toyota should make things right. Except for that, I love my Prius. Thats why I plan to buy another one shortly. My 2005 is at 260,000 miles without any major issue. That is why I am so surprised with my 2010 Prius and the lack of integrity from the service center.