Used 2010 Toyota Prius I Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Prius III Wonderful!
By G Brock

All around too good
By bsedgal

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback I 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got this car with 88K miles a year and a half ago and now have 100K miles. No issues whatsoever. Just great car with great gas mileage. I get 45mpg in the summer and 38mpg in the dead of winter. This is definitely not a fix it yourself kinda vehicle which is sorta a con for me. First of all there is absolutely no working room under the hood. Its extremely compact I get claustrophobic just looking around. Second the hybrid system is of course full of unique electrical parts and highly technical work. somewhat dangerous as well. If it ever has problems I will be completely at the mercy of the dealer and I'm sure they will gauge me all the way to the bank. But again, so far no problems.

Initial impressions
By lamike1

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback I 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought it to get great gas mileage and that's what it does. After driving on 1 tank, we averaged 45 mpg...yeah, it's not the 48/51 as stated on the EPA but I can definitely live with 45 mpg when gas is creeping to $4/gal. Also, don't let people tell you otherwise, there is plenty of space in this car. No it's not a minivan or an SUV but it's spacious enough for a family of 4. I plan to write a review a year from now on it but initial first impressions are definitely very positive!

The trip button on the steering wheel. Screen on the dash that shows how fuel efficient you are driving. Eco Mode and Power Mode.

None at this time, I'm sure as I drive it long enough i will think of something. Otherwise at this point it seems to do exactly what Toyota designed it for.

Design Problem/Opportunity to Improve
By OLCB

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback I 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The smartkey is nice. But twice I thought I turned off the engine when I left the car, the car was running without the smartkey in the proximity. It ended up running the car for more than 10 hours in the parking lot. Toyota should have a function to detect if the smartkey is inside the car at idle, otherwise, the car should be shut down within 10-15 minutes.

The trip information control on driving wheel.

See above in driving experiences

• SUV