Used 2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 254 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

500 miles between stops! Can't complain about 50+!
By Jesse

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Above average MPG, above average cargo room, trouble free and comfortable. Acceleration is fine, just step on it! Don't worry about traction battery, 15+ years history of no major issues.

How Can You Not Love This Car
By Tim W.

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently bought this car used at 81,000 miles and to be honest, It is the best 1st car purchase of my life so far. Now, as for get up and go type of traffic the Prius does fine in my opinion.... mpg has been pretty good at 49 to 53 miles per gallon driving in a city and highway mix of traffic. My Prius came with a touch screen and integrated back up camera. The previous car I was driving was an 08 Chevy Malibu and that car got me roughly 28-34 mpg average....Now this Prius or any Prius blows that Malibu away in terms of mpg. Plus, I love filling up about every two to three weeks.

Great Car Overall!!

Worst Toyota I have owned
By Erica

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback I 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you get it, please get the extended warranty!! It is the only thing that has saved us. This Prius was the WORST purchase I have made. I bought it fresh off the boat, we actually waited two weeks after purchasing it for it to arrive. Everything was great for about two years. I always took it to the dealership for oil changes and regular maintenance. Then the cooling fan for the hybrid battery makes a puttering sound when you accelerate. It is random, some days are good others are bad, with same use or no use of the heater/ or AC. I have had it replaced three times and its making noise again, except I'm now out of the extended warranty and it will cost me $500 to replace. Then the vehicle was burning oil. We never smelled it, there was nothing on our driveway that would indicate there was a leak. took it to the dealer and was told I was low two quarts and they didn't fill it. they said to take it home and come back in a few weeks when they could work on it. I had to ask them to top it off and they were surprised I asked. I ended up having the motor rebuilt because there was so much damage.. again.. EXTENDED WARRANTY!!! Then we had electrical issues. The vehicle suddenly died after my husband dropped me off at the hospital while I was in labor, to pick up our oldest from school. Inverter failure. Then the starter battery died at day care which I knew we would have to replace someday, that was $275, except after it was replaced, the horn goes off when the E brake is on. Just one loud, continuous noise. Dealer can't fix horn issue unless I authorize 5 hours of labor @ $108/hr and I was given a 'heads up' that the hybrid battery lasts about 8-10 years and it costs 2-5k to replace, (it covered under warranty for 8 years or 100k miles) so I may want to start saving up for that. I told a co-worker who owns the same type of vehicle about it and he mentioned he had already replaced the hybrid battery on his (it was 3K), and when the hybrid battery goes, the vehicle starts acting erratically and even accelerating on its own at times.

All Around Great Car
By Peggy Gordon

2010 Toyota Prius Hatchback IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this car for 6 years and have never had a repair! It gets great mileage and is comfortable even on long trips. The acceleration is more than adequate even when traveling on major highways. Cargo space is great. Passengers state that the rear seat is much roomier and more comfortable than they expected.

While it is not a luxury car, it is a good economical ride with sporty styling.

Love my Prius
By Annonymous

This is a great car. It has a large cargo capacity (20 bags of mulch). It has been totally reliable and has not cost a penny more than maintenance for oil changes, tire rotations, and a set of new tires.