Used 2010 Toyota Prius V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Very pleased with my Prius V
By peter_peter

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall, I am very pleased. Looked for months at many different cars (sedans) from BMW's to Acuras to MBZ but the Toyota Prius always stood on my list of options. Averaging between 48-51 mpg, half street and freeways. Perfect commuter car, I fill up my gas tank and spend almost half as compared to my wife's Civic. Nothing wrong with the Civic, but this Toyota has everything. Fully loaded with everything from navi, Bluetooth, leather, cold AC, 17 inch wheels, key-less go and the list goes on. The car does turn on and off when the engine is not needed,nothing major but not something I expected, no big deal. Highly recommend this car to someone who wants something different and gets great mpg.

Favorite Features

Got to love the HIGH MPG'S, let's start there. Took it from LA to Vegas to Utah and back with 2 adults with luggage using the AC and got about 45 MPG. On my daily commute I am back to par at 49 MPG and growing. Love the handsfree phone system, links my contacts to the screen, rides pretty smooth and quite. Another great feature I'd say would be the display that shows you how your foot is applying the accelerator, it allows you to see where you can achieve the best mpg's.

Suggested Improvements

I'd say an area of improvement would be the acceleration. Currently, if I need a little extra juice I have to hit the power button and it responds nicely. But other than that no complaints.

2010 Prius Touring
By sg3msmith

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Own a 2010 Prius Touring. Still own a 2004 Prius. This third gen car is a great step up. The driving position is much more comfortable than previous generation. Quieter cabin ride. Engine develops more HP and you can tell the difference. Like the positioning of the controls (much easier to see everything). Very nice car. Glad to have my 2nd Prius.

Favorite Features

Leather interior is a dream and all the options the Touring model has are a nice plus. Navigation and backup camera are very nice additions.

Used V with Advanced Tech
By euphony010

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this as a used one owner with 42k miles. A little under a year later and I'm at 63k miles, averaging 43.1MPG. The 17" wheels likely account for the low average, but I'm happy since it has been on a few packed road trips. If you're considering the Advanced Tech package, I think it's a no-brainer if you are commuting on the interstate. The Dynamic Radar Cruise Control makes my daily commutes much less irritating (it can slow the car down to 25mph if necessary). Pair that with the Lane Keep Assist and the system can make a good attempt at steering the car while at speed. I use both daily. The Pre-Collision System has activated twice, and the seat belt tensioning happened once.

Favorite Features

Dynamic Radar Cruise Control Lane Keep Assist Pre-Collision System Easy to use Navigation Bluetooth is excellent

Great Car!
By escoandesco

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm a retired car dealer so having always had access to a car, I left my family scratching their head when I bought my first new one in about 30 years or so. Even crazier was the fact that I was the co-owner of a Honda/Acura Dealership during the 90's. I was attracted to the Prius because of it's 21st century styling and the experiences I had with them while out of town and using one as a rental. I never had to put gas in the darn thing, the needle never seemed to move. That was the real motivator for me ... "cheap to drive".

Favorite Features

I purchased the Prius V because it had everything I like as far as features. The heated leather seating, easy access to all the equipment, and a fantastic stereo system make the car very desireable to me.

Suggested Improvements

I've only had this car for about 3 months and all seems well. I expressed alittle concern to my Toyota Service Center that I was getting only about 41 mpg. I was told that because we are living in the Northwest, we have the heated seats on, the lights on all the time, the heater fan on high, the stereo blaring, etc, etc. and that the engine is actually running more frequently, hence less gas mileage. According to Toyota, the gas mileage should go up with warming weather conditions, we'll see.

A Fine Car
By twoofthem

2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is our 2nd one (other is 2008 base level, 17k miles). Looked seriously at Ford and Honda hybrids (used to own a Civic hybrid). For us, climate change is real, and while it would be best not to drive a car that runs on gasoline, at this point, where we live, it is simply not practical not to. The 2010 is a step up from the 2nd generation Prius in almost every way. Got the V with navi. Handles exceedingly well, due in part to the 17 inch wheels and wide tires. It is comfortable to drive (6'1) and ride in. More than ample power. LOTS of space. Excellent sound system. The look of the car is a bit odd compared to most other cars but its shape should not obscure fact that this is a fine car.

Favorite Features

Reduced greenhouse gas emissions per mile driven. The seamless shifting between gas and electric motors (much, much better than 2nd Generation Prius). Handling (much, much better than 2nd generation Prius, at least on the V). Sound system. Comfortable seats, front and rear. Lots of space. Dashboard displays.

Suggested Improvements

Amazingly, none.