My second Prius
By soboy on
2009 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
My wife has a 2005 Prius that we bought new and she loves it, so I sold my truck which got 14 mpg and bought a 2009 Prius touring. I just decided I wanted to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem. I got every option except leather. I am averaging 50 mpg over the last 6000 miles. Incredible mpg! I love the bluetooth, navigation, HID lights, smartkey and steering wheel controls. The touring model handles better than the standard Prius. Although I grew up in the muscle car era, the world is a far different place now. Global warming, peak oil and environmental destruction must be dealt with responsibly. Wasting resources is not a path to a sustainable future.
Favorite Features
50 mpg, very low emissions, engine shuts off at idle, great navigation system, bluetooth, HID lights, smart key, futuristic in its concept and styling, very practical body style. The Prius encourages you to drive responsibly and the driving experience is very calming.
Suggested Improvements
Higher quality of interior materials, less rattles, it would be great to see the next generation Prius have both more power and better mpg.