A Great Mix of Gas and Electricity
By Joe in Iowa on
2009 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have now owned my Base Prius-Package 6 for 7 mos and 7,700 mi. I love it with a couple of exceptions. First, it is best if you are not over 5'10" sitting in the front passenger seat. Second, the navigation system is a waste (spend $200 on a Garmin). The actual mileage I have had has ranged from 35-37 mpg (winter) to 44-48 mpg in the above freezing months. My dealer said this is a more realistic expectation than the published numbers. Otherwise, it drives great (expect performance commensurate with its horsepower),the interior toys and quality are terrific, and I would definitely buy another one. The leather seat covering is great, but for almost $30,000 I would expect elect. seats.
Favorite Features
Keyless entry-starting, screen display of radio, climate control, telephone, nav., and trip/performance computer. Leather seats. Storage well under rear cargo area. HUGE cargo carrying ability with back seats folded down. Backup camera (needed with the large blind spots).
Suggested Improvements
Electric (sliding-raising) seats. Telescoping steering wheel. Allow front seats to slide back a little more. Other than nitpicky items, a great car.