Used 2009 Toyota Prius Standard Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Prius Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Re-learning driving a car
By Jim

2009 Toyota Prius Hatchback Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I don't have much available money so I went for the #1 car that would keep me away from the service department and the gas station. So far after only one month so good, but it's still early. Everything I could have asked for. Everyone asks me how I charge it and what kind of fuel I have to use and I almost laugh when I tell them I never have to charge it and I can use any gas I want.

The steering wheel controls. The 'park' and 'start' push-buttons take a bit getting used to, but overall are convenient, after getting used to.

The rear window and driver's side blind spots. The wiper/washer controls are a bit confusing.

Fun Car-Great MPG
By Rick

Only had my Prius 1 week but just so much fun driving. Only 220 miles so far and 49 MPG average. Still getting used to start button, driving for better MPG, etc., but having fun all the same. Can't wait til I get it broken in and get better MPG. Very comfortable, quiet and smooth ride, lots of storage places for all those items we can't do without, more room in back seat than we expected. Lots of questions from friends about MPG, features, etc., but they ALL like it.

Displays and storage spaces