2009 Toyota Prius Hatchback 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Reviews 2

2009 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
2nd generation Prius
By GBRACH on 06/07/09 21:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Prius Hatchback Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have owned 04, 05, 06, 08, 09 Prius. No other car is even close. Very quiet, tracks perfectly, extremely fast. CVT is only transmission to have. Shift by wire is magnificent. Trunk space is incredible. Comfortable. If gas was 20 cents a gallon I would still buy Prius. Will get 2010 next. We have an 08 and 09 at present. Excellent brakes and build quality.

Great Car
By Roger on 05/24/09 20:22 PM (PDT)

I have only owned the car for a week so I'm still learning how to operate a high tech hybrid vehicle, I drove a similar size car for five years that rode, felt and sounded like a small car. The Prius drives like an upscale mid-sized sedan. It's quiet, comfortable, handles well, and has gotten over 50 mpg in city and highway driving the first week of operation. Fit and finish is outstanding. According to CR, reliability should be well above average. So far, I'm very satisfied with the car. I was interested in waiting for the new 2010 model but was able to save thousands by purchasing one of the last of the 09s.

Fun!
By Conway on 02/20/09 12:32 PM (PST)

So I just got my package 6 Prius two weeks ago and love it! I traded in my BMW Z4 for it so I was really worried about it not having enough power since that was what I was used to but I am pleasantly surprised. I have driven it a lot already, about 1,000 miles and have averaged 45.9 mpg mostly freeway. It is extremely smooth, leather is much nicer then I thought and the keyless go, JBL, navi, back up camera and bluetooth are all amazing!

Re-learning driving a car
By Jim on 11/30/08 06:38 AM (PST)

I don't have much available money so I went for the #1 car that would keep me away from the service department and the gas station. So far after only one month so good, but it's still early. Everything I could have asked for. Everyone asks me how I charge it and what kind of fuel I have to use and I almost laugh when I tell them I never have to charge it and I can use any gas I want.

Fun Car-Great MPG
By Rick on 10/19/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

Only had my Prius 1 week but just so much fun driving. Only 220 miles so far and 49 MPG average. Still getting used to start button, driving for better MPG, etc., but having fun all the same. Can't wait til I get it broken in and get better MPG. Very comfortable, quiet and smooth ride, lots of storage places for all those items we can't do without, more room in back seat than we expected. Lots of questions from friends about MPG, features, etc., but they ALL like it.