Surprisingly Roomy!
By Ray on
2008 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
The title is what I hear from all of my friends and the "anti-Prius" crowd when they first sit in my car. With so many suggested improvements, why did I give it such a high mark? Mainly because the cons mean a lot less to me than the pros. Last year, I was set on buying a hybrid, so when comparing other models, the Prius was a hands down winner. The rear trunk/back seat design is much more superior than the hybrid honda civic. I also feel it is superior to the Toyota Camry Hybrid. If the Prius is too expensive, I have a friend who bought a Honda Fit and loves it. Overall, the Prius is a great car with a great design, and I am happy to see more and more of them in the Boston area!
Favorite Features
Environmentally friendly, great MPG, roomy, practical, great interior design, many steering wheel controls, backup camera (optional item), few blind spots, great resale value, braking (when car is mostly empty), parking is a breeze (size of car and backup camera prevents bumping).
Suggested Improvements
Lets push for even better MPG (diesel cars can achieve similar MPG - let's go electric/plug-in hybrid), vehicle stability control a little too sensitive, braking (when vehicle reaches maximum load), driving/handling (crosswinds will move this car around on the highway).