2008 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: 147,000 miles so far, zero pro

2008 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

147,000 miles so far, zero problem
By jimmybirdie on

2008 Toyota Prius Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am an extreme commuter and I would not have been able to do this without my beloved Prius. After 4 years I have about 147,000 miles on the car and have had zero problem so far. I average about 47 - 54 mpg depending on how fast I drive. If I drive 75 mph I will get about 45-47 mpg. If I drive 65 mph I would get around 52 mpg. I still have the original brakes and my mechanic told me that it still has 75% of life left. This is due to regenerating braking and my most highway driving. The OEM tires lasted 60k miles. I replaced them with the Michelin HydroEdge tires and after 87k they are still good for another 20k miles according to my mechanic.

50+ mpg back-up camera utility of hatch back design engine off at intersections/drive thrus smart key

Better comfort with driver and passenger seats.
By anhdao
on 06/13/12 13:04 PM (PDT)

My current Prius has 84K miles on it, and this gives me hope that my car will last me quite some time before I have to replace anything. Thanks for the info!