2008 Toyota Prius 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Great Vehicle...Even in Wisconsin!

2008 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Great Vehicle...Even in Wisconsin!
By Wisconsin08Prius on

2008 Toyota Prius Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have only owned our Prius for a short time and I can only say good things about it so far. It handles great in all weather conditions. We live in Wisconsin and experience snow every few days, which has been no problem. Fuel economy is great although slightly lower, but not significantly, in the winter weather. It is a very fun car to drive. I am 6'5" 240 pounds and fit comfortably driving and sitting in the passengers seat. Very roomy. I have not experienced any of the phantom shut offs or anything along those lines. The glare on the screen that people talk about has been a non-issue. The lights being dim on the dash is solved by adjusting the dimmer switch until they are super bright.

Favorite Features

Fuel Economy-45 average. A good amount of trunk space. Head room is great for taller drivers and passengers.

Suggested Improvements

The back up beep is a bit annoying I agree. I usually just go in reverse for a few seconds though. :)