2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
It's Great
By Ellah on 07/08/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Worth all the fuss to get this car. Quite comfortable. More legroom in the back than larger cars. Fuel economy is very good but not what is stated. Getting about 40 mpg so far but drive in a hilly area. Very happy with my new Prius.

LOVE IT
By hammdown on 07/07/08 08:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I Am a home nurse in a very rural county and just love the mpg that I get. My husband and I try to see who can get the best mpg but I don't let him drive it very often though. I just love this car. We have owned Toyotas for years and this one is no disappointment at all.

Wonderful car, good choice for dog owner
By KE on 07/06/08 06:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Prius (pkg 2) for about 2 weeks and absolutely love it. My previous car was a small SUV. I'm getting more than double the gas mileage, with an average so far of 52 mpg per the car's computer, and slightly higher on my own calculation. Acceleration is more than adequate, even when entering the freeway with the a/c on. I'm impressed with the cargo space. I have a couple of 50 lb dogs who occasionally like to get wet/dirty; I thought I "needed" an SUV for this reason, but the Prius has been great (with the addition of a washable cargo area liner). It's easy to get dogs in/out and there is ample space for them to ride (the floor space is equivalent to my small SUV).

I did okay for myself
By Jim in Wimberley, Tx on 07/02/08 16:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My soulmate wasn't sure about trading her Ford Escape, 20 mpg, since she loved the amount of rear storage space. After less than a week, she loves it. We were on a waiting list for 7 weeks for our Silver Pine, Pkg 2 Prius. The first two fill ups averaged 44.4 mpg which will get much better as we learn how to manage better fuel economy. The ride is wonderful, sound system very good, and it handles very well. With today's fuel prices I can't understand why other auto companies didn't develop a decent hybrid. Toyota will be laughing all the way to the bank for several years to come.

Awesome Car
By Janet- NY on 07/01/08 12:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my Prius for 10 months and I never looked back. Sold my (lemon) Audi A6 and my new prius is great. Truly a smart car. Love the smart Key, gas mileage. Passing the gas stations all the time. Everyone who gets in the car also comments how roomy the inside is. If you're thinking about it, stop thinking and do it!

A very well designed vehicle.
By A Great Car on 06/30/08 17:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Prius is a very well engineered vehicle. I particularly like the field of view accompanied with the captain's seats make it almost like driving a bus or van. We like the performance, gas mileage, road handling, and all around comfort. This is one of the best car buying decisions my wife and I have made. We took the Prius on a round trip 969 miles and performed well, has plenty of power, and averaged 45.8 mpg. The dealer asked us if we wanted to trade it back in, the answer is a resounding no.

Toyota Got This One Right
By BobB on 06/27/08 17:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

All parts and assembly in Japan. Great ride and solid feel. Sensitive to cross winds on the highway but otherwise very stable.

2008 Toyota Prius Touring
By 2008 Prius Touring on 06/27/08 10:07 AM (PDT)

The new Toyota Prius Touring model is the third generation of Hybrid Automobiles. It is the most different car I have owned after nearly 40 years of car ownership. As far as fun, it takes me back to my 1973 Volks Karmann Ghia. As far as fuel economy, not even my 1960 36 HP Volkswagen bug could top the Prius. It makes a game out of saving gas and works like a champ. From my home in central California to Sequoia Natl Park , and return , I averaged 45MPG . That with climbing up to over 7000 ft. elevation, a trip of 302 miles with only 6.7 gallons of gasoline. Two different 650CC motorcycles could not do as well. I was cruising about 60 to 65MPH on the flats .

Prius
By dc on 06/24/08 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love nearly everything about the car. my only 2 complaints are the paint. It scratches sooooo easy, have the keyless entry and the door handle areas are all scratched badly, and I have short nails. As well as any place that is barely bumped, mirrors, door jams hood etc. and the interior doors the material cuts, dents easily too. Otherwise great car.

Pass (by) the gas!
By Happy on 06/24/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 4000 miles our total mpg. is 51.3 - this calculated using paper and pencil, not the mileage computer in the car. Even on the interstate we average 48+ mpg at 70 to 74 mph. The Prius mileage computer is close to accurate, claiming my mpg. for 4000 miles to be 52.1. My shoulder is sore from patting myself on the back for deciding to buy when I did.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.