2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Best automotive decision we ever made!
By Ingrid on 08/05/08 07:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchasing our new 2008 Prius Touring model with option package #6 has proven to be the wisest automotive decision we have ever made. Many of our friends who can afford virtually any car of their choosing, have opted for the Prius some of them on their second one all ready. This says a great deal not only about the Prius, but also the type of individuals who purchase them. I believe many of us who purchase a Prius have done so not only because it is such a superbly designed and satisfying vehicle, but also because it is the right thing to do (in so many ways).

Pricey But Worth It
By Naomi on 07/31/08 09:57 AM (PDT)

I love this car! Went from fully equipped Tahoe Z71 and feared that my partner with 275 pound frame would not be able to sit comfortably. This has not been a problem, much to my surprise and elation. We frequently have contests to see who can get the best over-all mileage per 5 minute increment as it is shown on the dashboard - have gotten 75 MPG on freeway in stop-and-go traffic. With AC on (works great) - average about 46.5 MPG with a daily freeway commute of about 40 miles round trip. Had windows tinted and made a huge difference in the interior comfort - especially with an outside temp in the 99 - 102 range. Put 3000 miles on the car in about 6 wks. Pricey but cut gas bill by 70%.

Great Car.
By Toyota Fan on 07/28/08 08:19 AM (PDT)

I have no regrets about my purchase. This car is fun to drive, and the usual Toyota quality. I have now driven 5600 miles, and no complaints or problems what so ever.

Practical but boring
By Eartha on 07/25/08 16:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I can't really say anything bad about this car other than I find it really boring. I had a Honda CRX for 21 years before buying the Prius. I loved my CRX but find this car just a nice car. When people ask how I like it all I can say is it gets great mileage and is a nice care. I plan on selling it and buying a Civic, Fit or Yaris. At least I will not be losing any money as I can sell it for at least what I bought if for.

I'm in love with my Prius
By PumpkinsMom on 07/24/08 19:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

"Everything about the 2008 Prius is great! I ordered mine and have had it now for 3 months. It just keeps getting better. I am averaging 52.6 - 53.4 miles a gallon, "WOW" did I say that loud enough "WOW"!!! I have package # 6. Before I ordered my 2008 Prius I read many reviews, what surprised me was how folks said the break in the back window bothered them. I am 5' 9'' and in no way is it in my way. They also spoke about the back up signal beeping. It's no big deal, I do kinda wonder why they made the sound inside versus on the outside. I have been so pleased with the car over all. I have told my family and friends all about my new 2008 Prius, they have ALL been impressed.

Relax and enjoy
By jimbryan on 07/21/08 16:32 PM (PDT)

OK, I have 2 big BMW gas hogs, an X5 and a 545iA. Both are superb cars, but both egg you on to drive fast and aggressively. And both are overkill for trips to the grocery store, and a 7 mile commute to work. With the Prius, you feel relaxed driving, it eggs you to relax and take it easy. When the engine shuts off at a stoplight, I lose the angst of waiting at the light. This is a fantastic car for around town and short trips, it really works beautifully. The cargo space is also amazing, it holds almost as much as the X5 (not that the X5 is a big cargo vehicle), and on top of that are the very useful storage areas all over.

Blown away
By Torosmaduro on 07/16/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I could write on and on about how much we like our car. In an effort to be brief I'll offer the items that could be improved. The A/C system is underpowered, It takes 15min to get a chill on during bright summer's day. Next I've never been able to put more than 10.5 gallons in the tank (specs put it at 11.9 gallons). The 10.5 was only after we ran out of gas and ran on electric for a half mile. Lastly this car gets blown around in crosswinds. If you're not paying attention you could end up in another lane.

LOVE my Prius!!!
By The Jedi Prius on 07/13/08 16:57 PM (PDT)

I almost feel guilty about how much I enjoy my Prius. Going from my big, super-trimmed out (but warranty-expiring/$60 a week gas hog) Town & Country van, I worried the Prius would be a big step down in comfort but a huge step up in gas mileage w/ the security of being back under warranty. Forget worry--I'm wowed. Although it appears small, it's actually bigger than the Corolla, & the cabin is amazingly roomy, even for adults in the back. It has a respectable amount of cargo room, w/ 2 fold-flat rear seats which make for a very spacious hatchback. The navigation pkg is loaded w/ so many extras I haven't even begun to figure it all out. Cleverly engineered, sexy, fun 2 drive & very safe.

80,000 miles and LOVE it!
By Ilya on 07/12/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

Had Prius for about 80,000 miles. Car runs excellent. Love just about everything about it. Driving it feels just like driving a Lexus. It easily gets 100 miles per hour (speed) yet ride is very smooth. This car allows me to be able to commute (daily) for about 100 miles each way.

Best Hybrid Car Hands Down
By Mark Levin on 07/10/08 11:46 AM (PDT)

I purchased a 2008 Silver Touring Edition with package 6. I am very impressed with the entire car. I have been averaging 52 to 64.9 miles per gallon on my 24 mile city commute to work. The A/C and Bluetooth work great. I also enjoy the aux jack with my iPod. The upgraded sound system is excellent. As far as I am concerned this is the best hybrid car available and blows the Honda Civic away in versatility and mileage. Tough to get, but worth the wait. The Touring Edition adds some flair with the 16" wheels and larger spoiler. The extra stabilizer bars are also included but are not visible. My other car is a Lexus so I am very familiar with quality.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.