Used 2008 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Great technology but less on comfort
By Blomman

2008 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is a great car, gas mileage, space inside. However it has left things to wish on comfort. The seat settings are very basic, no heat in the seats even though it is the top of the range version.

Electronic display of speed etc and the space in the car for a small sized car.

The seat comfort, please get the heating sorted! Also the command buttons on the steering wheel are very difficult to manage without looking. They could be clearer displayed.

Love My Prius
By allura

2008 Toyota Prius Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the first prius I purchased, when I finished signing the paperwork, I made the salesman go over all the driving info I needed, he did. I was amazed at the interior, it felt luxury all the way. The engine is totally quiet, everything about the prius is awesome. The color is light green and interior is beige, and drives brand new, comes with 7 yr 100 miles warranty. I would not trade this car for anything, wanted one last year but the price and waiting list was long, worth the wait. Radio could be better. All I can say is test drive a prius and you will be sold, take my word.

gas mileage, comfort, quietness, driveability, everything.

radio and speakers

2008 Prius 1st 6 months
By Lloyd

2008 Toyota Prius Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Most bi-polar (some pun intended) car I have ever owned. Great around town fuel economy 40mpg actual! Corners ok but absolutely numb road feel. Surprisingly roomy for size. Good utility from the hatch. Rear camera slow to come. Requires extra care when backing. Keyless features work great. Not sold on the touch panel climate control. Visors, shifter and steering wheel controls toy like. Too easily bottoms in some road conditions.

Mileage. Keyless features. Cabin utility.

Visors, shifter, rear camera response, road feel, road clearance.

Car Dies in Snow and on Highway
By Cathie

2008 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

People are going to get killed in snow. I've been stuck twice where both once you go into a skid you have no power to get out of it. It took me 45 minutes to get up a small hill once I skidded. The car loses all power. actually had a cop behind me as I tried to get my car moving so I wouldn't get hit. Dealer said Toyota made it so you can't shut off the Vehicle control Stability for SAFETY REASONS HA! This is dangerous. I've also had 2 incidents on back to back weekends where my car hesitates, the dash board lights go on and I lose all power. This happened 3 times on the highway and 2x on back road same night. This is a dangerous car and I will be getting rid of it once it is fixed.

I like the style of the car and of course the gas mileage.

Make it so you can turn off the vehicle control stability in the winter.

Love the Prius
By William Smith

2008 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I checked on this vehicle for over a year before I bought it. I thought it would be a good vehicle to buy. I drove it on two occasions prior to purchase. It has been much better than that. No problems, mileage isn't quite what others claim, but I am happy with 45 average. The car is full of goodies that others miss out on. It is a very good experience to own and drive. It does take a few weeks to get used to it, but when you do, you will love it.