Used 2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

My Little Red Prius
By Gordon

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Driving the Prius is a pleasure. We have not had any problems with it. It generates a lot of interest with our friends, especially the low gas mileage. Our most expensive trip to the gas station thus far has been $30 even at $4.00/gal. I drive 25 mi each way to work on the freeway. I fill the tank every week and a half. We take the Prius when we go out on the weekends and really feel like we are helping the environment and our budget. We are glad we have this car and that we bought it when we did.

Low gas bills. The Smart Key system. Comfortable back seat for our tall family.

No complaints in the 7 months we have owned our Prius. Maybe the backseats could be a little better cushioned.

Fabulous
By tbird

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Last 20 years have owned Loaded Astro vans Areo-Stars, Windstars, and traded a 1 year old Free-Star for my pride and joy. I owned 2 large auto body shops and have always admired Toyota construction and quality. I can't say enough about this car. My last 4 tanks (90% local) have given me 50.5 MPG. The car is perfect. I am 6 foot and very stiff from 3 back operations and get in and out ok.

Smart Key, quality of workmanship, ride, style, MPG.

EV switch.

In a class all by itself
By Rickb

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Toyota has produced a car that provides roominess, comfort and performance. Most importantly, it does so with great gas mileage and a lowered carbon footprint. Fun to drive, flexibility of a hatchback, and loads of safety features. They hit a home run with this one!

Bluetooth setup. Backup camera. Lots of storage slots.

Once battery technology catches up, make it a pluggable!

Happy that I leased it.
By DPJR

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I replaced our 2005 BMW convertable with our 2008 Prius. My wife and I are enjoying the change except on occasion we miss having the top down. One day Toyota will build a hybrid convertible. The Prius is an amazing auto, when driving it you feel like you are driving large vehicle. Your mileage will vary on how you drive. If you drive it with a heavy foot and stomp on the accelarator and jump on the brakes your mpg is going to suffer. If you drive how the auto school advised, your mpg will be better than expectied.

Smart key is great, just walk up to the vehicle and open the door. Rear camera is a safety item, I am impressed with the visibility. Leather seats very comforable. Mxp 3 jack great

Wish we could adjust the seat height. Would like to have headlights be auto on and off.

Love My Prius
By Andy

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had it two days but I am already loving it. My previous ride was a 2008 Nissan Armada LE loaded with everything you could ever want, except fuel efficiency. I decided to sell the Armada and accept a sizable loss due to the outlook on oil/gas, was lucky to find a package 6 with nobody waiting for it and I only had to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive (with 1 mile on the odo).

I love the ride quality, the leather seats, the cargo room in the back, the driver console, the nav/console, steering wheel controls, fuel efficiency.

1. Sunroof would be great, 2. Ability to operate more features on console while driving, 3. more adjustable driver seat

• SUV