Used 2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

In a class all by itself
By Rickb

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Toyota has produced a car that provides roominess, comfort and performance. Most importantly, it does so with great gas mileage and a lowered carbon footprint. Fun to drive, flexibility of a hatchback, and loads of safety features. They hit a home run with this one!

Bluetooth setup. Backup camera. Lots of storage slots.

Once battery technology catches up, make it a pluggable!

Happy that I leased it.
By DPJR

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I replaced our 2005 BMW convertable with our 2008 Prius. My wife and I are enjoying the change except on occasion we miss having the top down. One day Toyota will build a hybrid convertible. The Prius is an amazing auto, when driving it you feel like you are driving large vehicle. Your mileage will vary on how you drive. If you drive it with a heavy foot and stomp on the accelarator and jump on the brakes your mpg is going to suffer. If you drive how the auto school advised, your mpg will be better than expectied.

Smart key is great, just walk up to the vehicle and open the door. Rear camera is a safety item, I am impressed with the visibility. Leather seats very comforable. Mxp 3 jack great

Wish we could adjust the seat height. Would like to have headlights be auto on and off.

Love My Prius
By Andy

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had it two days but I am already loving it. My previous ride was a 2008 Nissan Armada LE loaded with everything you could ever want, except fuel efficiency. I decided to sell the Armada and accept a sizable loss due to the outlook on oil/gas, was lucky to find a package 6 with nobody waiting for it and I only had to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive (with 1 mile on the odo).

I love the ride quality, the leather seats, the cargo room in the back, the driver console, the nav/console, steering wheel controls, fuel efficiency.

1. Sunroof would be great, 2. Ability to operate more features on console while driving, 3. more adjustable driver seat

Very Nice Car
By Doug

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We've had the Prius (package #2) for three weeks (~ 1200 miles). It's a very nice, comfortable car. It doesn't take long to get adjusted to the different controls. It feels very solid on the road and handles nicely. The acceleration isn't great, but certainly good enough for all reasonable driving, including freeway. The gas mileage has been outstanding, 50 - 53 mpg overall.

Handles well, very comfortable and quiet.

Some sort of coating on the touch screen so it doesn't show finger prints so easily.

This car is a 10!
By Irene

2008 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What can I say, this car is very roomy inside (if you're a skeptic, go test drive one, you will be pleasantly surprised!), it is reliable, economical and it looks great! I bought it just in time as the price of gas was really beginning to climb and now I am at the gas station once every 3 weeks. It may be a little pricier than other vehicles, but it makes up for it at the pump. Buy this car and become environmentally and financially smart. This car is a 10.

This car is peppy and roomy. I love the back up camera!!

I can't think of one thing!