2008 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Quiet, Advanced, Love it
By 20k_milesAyear on 01/19/08 07:08 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first hybrid car and I must say that it is far exceeding my expectations. My Touring grade Prius is quiet, comfortable, and smart. The cabin is open and feels bigger than it is. The hatchback is more functional then my previous mid size sedan. The smart key feature is really cool too. This is the car of the future.

best car i ever owned at any price
By d woodward on 01/16/08 06:04 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Prius Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

of all the cars i have owned fro 4 cylinders to 12 this is the car that i like to drive the most.great innovations,great mileage ,and with the back seats put down,more room to carry baggage etc'than any car i have ever had.

Falling In Love Again
By Gone Green on 01/15/08 13:54 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my new Prius! It is comfortable, easy and fun to drive. Most of all saving on my fuel $$.

Two month review
By GLW1946 on 01/12/08 11:36 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

In most respects the Prius is wonderful. Though it's not a performance car, it's competent, comfortable, and quiet. The only serious dislike is the center control counsole, which complicates control of the heat/ac and radio -- and the digital speedometer and other gauges/displays. Analog gauges and traditional knobs and levers to control the heat/ac and radio would make this a better car. Of course, it's the Prius' gas mileage performance that makes it a winner. I've gotten about 45 mpg overall at 2000 miles.

Awesomely Satisfied
By JPG on 01/04/08 16:29 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Wanted a Touring, but the dealer didn't have one in leather, so settled for standard w/Pkg #6. No regrets. We've had the Prius for a week now and are still finding new and fun aspects of being a Prius owner. The comfort of the leather seats is first rate. Having fun with the "game" of maximizing fuel economy and energy regeneration! I must have a lead foot, because I've been averaging 43 mpg (which is more than twice what I get with my other cars.) Haven't been able to get it to average more - but we live in a very hilly area SE of Oregon City. Actually bought this for my wife, but I'm driving it more than she is. Great handling, cornering, braking, etc. Good acceleration.

Love My Prius
By hybridgrl on 01/02/08 21:52 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Prius is the best car I have had to date. Not only extremely fuel efficient but very comfortable and fun to drive with Toyota reliability.

Great little car
By KC on 01/01/08 21:49 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I went from a Ford Expedition to a Prius. I don't miss my SUV at all (except when doing big grocery shopping) and love driving my Prius. I have made my first payment just in fuel savings. I thought I would miss sitting up high on the road, but I have learned to really enjoy riding lower. The lowest fuel economy I've gotten was right at 40mpg and I do a lot of highway miles, in addition to city driving. It rides nice on the highway (even pass people with ease) and is comfortable on road trips. My only complaint is that I seem to be a rock chip magnet sitting lower to the ground.

A few quirks worth the sacrifice
By colorado on 12/30/07 15:43 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Prius for 3 months now and have decided it was the right purchase for me. I do a lot of driving for work, especially over the mountains, so I have really pushed it to its limits. The Prius does great in town: mileage is over 50mpg and it out-performs most every other car on the interstate. On my drives across the Rockies on I-70 I usually get 44mpg average. The engine starts to "whine" when I've been going straight uphill for too long and the battery has emptied. I am 5'9" and the car is perfectly sized for me, but my husband is 6'1" and it's tight for him. All in all, the sacrifices are worth it for me; I LOVE the great environmental profile and the low cost at the pump!

Great Car
By kramtrebor on 12/29/07 16:51 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We've had the Prius for a month and love it. I am a big guy, but I feel I have room without cramping space. Mileage has been about 40 for the first 600 miles. I can't seem to get more than that. Most of my driving is local stop-and-go.

Protect the Environment and Great MPG 2!
By Kenny on 12/24/07 19:07 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am a car enthusiast so I had a closed mind to Hybrids, but after knowing a few people who really liked them I decided to test drive one. I've now owned mine for over 3 months and I really am impressed with Toyota and this car. Concern for the environment was my original incentive but the gas mileage is really impressive with commensurate power and handling. It's great filling the tank up for $30 (it's a 10 gal tank) twice a month. At stop and go speeds the electric motor is working with no emissions or usage of gas. Gridlock and drive-thrus or waiting for someone with the a/c or heat on is no longer a concern.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.