Used 2008 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Prius
By dc

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love nearly everything about the car. my only 2 complaints are the paint. It scratches sooooo easy, have the keyless entry and the door handle areas are all scratched badly, and I have short nails. As well as any place that is barely bumped, mirrors, door jams hood etc. and the interior doors the material cuts, dents easily too. Otherwise great car.

Controls on steering wheel, bluetooth phone.

Make decent paint that stays on.

Pass (by) the gas!
By Happy

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 4000 miles our total mpg. is 51.3 - this calculated using paper and pencil, not the mileage computer in the car. Even on the interstate we average 48+ mpg at 70 to 74 mph. The Prius mileage computer is close to accurate, claiming my mpg. for 4000 miles to be 52.1. My shoulder is sore from patting myself on the back for deciding to buy when I did.

Quiet operation; I'm deaf, and wear powerful hearing aids. Very little road and wind noise compared to most high mpg autos.

Inside trunk/hatch release. Telescoping steering wheel. Disc brakes on rear wheels.

Love my new car
By Penny

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Prius in April off the show room floor as I was working about 30 miles from home. I love the gas mileage I have been getting. Depending on how fast I drive, weather and weight, I have been averaging about 48-55 mpg. It is also fun to stop at the gas station and buy a pop instead of gas. I am not sorry I bought this. 2 of my co workers have also bought a hybrid as they were impressed with all the features, leg room, quiet, etc. Love it.

Smart key, reverse camera, touch screen, buttons on steering wheel, MPG quiet.

Hard to put gas in gas tank, blows back and pours out if too full. Better tires. Better door panels, I already have a couple of scratches.

My Little Red Prius
By Gordon

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Driving the Prius is a pleasure. We have not had any problems with it. It generates a lot of interest with our friends, especially the low gas mileage. Our most expensive trip to the gas station thus far has been $30 even at $4.00/gal. I drive 25 mi each way to work on the freeway. I fill the tank every week and a half. We take the Prius when we go out on the weekends and really feel like we are helping the environment and our budget. We are glad we have this car and that we bought it when we did.

Low gas bills. The Smart Key system. Comfortable back seat for our tall family.

No complaints in the 7 months we have owned our Prius. Maybe the backseats could be a little better cushioned.

Fabulous
By tbird

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Last 20 years have owned Loaded Astro vans Areo-Stars, Windstars, and traded a 1 year old Free-Star for my pride and joy. I owned 2 large auto body shops and have always admired Toyota construction and quality. I can't say enough about this car. My last 4 tanks (90% local) have given me 50.5 MPG. The car is perfect. I am 6 foot and very stiff from 3 back operations and get in and out ok.

Smart Key, quality of workmanship, ride, style, MPG.

EV switch.