Used 2008 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Toyota Got This One Right
By BobB

2008 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

All parts and assembly in Japan. Great ride and solid feel. Sensitive to cross winds on the highway but otherwise very stable.

Gas mileage, quiet at all speeds, plenty of room front and back.

Ability to raise driver's seat. A real gas tank and not a bladder. Auto on/off headlights.

2008 Toyota Prius Touring
By 2008 Prius Touring

2008 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The new Toyota Prius Touring model is the third generation of Hybrid Automobiles. It is the most different car I have owned after nearly 40 years of car ownership. As far as fun, it takes me back to my 1973 Volks Karmann Ghia. As far as fuel economy, not even my 1960 36 HP Volkswagen bug could top the Prius. It makes a game out of saving gas and works like a champ. From my home in central California to Sequoia Natl Park , and return , I averaged 45MPG . That with climbing up to over 7000 ft. elevation, a trip of 302 miles with only 6.7 gallons of gasoline. Two different 650CC motorcycles could not do as well. I was cruising about 60 to 65MPH on the flats .

The touch activated display screen to control most functions.

Make a small pickup to match the Prius with light towing ability, say a small boat or tent trailer.

Prius
By dc

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love nearly everything about the car. my only 2 complaints are the paint. It scratches sooooo easy, have the keyless entry and the door handle areas are all scratched badly, and I have short nails. As well as any place that is barely bumped, mirrors, door jams hood etc. and the interior doors the material cuts, dents easily too. Otherwise great car.

Controls on steering wheel, bluetooth phone.

Make decent paint that stays on.

Pass (by) the gas!
By Happy

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 4000 miles our total mpg. is 51.3 - this calculated using paper and pencil, not the mileage computer in the car. Even on the interstate we average 48+ mpg at 70 to 74 mph. The Prius mileage computer is close to accurate, claiming my mpg. for 4000 miles to be 52.1. My shoulder is sore from patting myself on the back for deciding to buy when I did.

Quiet operation; I'm deaf, and wear powerful hearing aids. Very little road and wind noise compared to most high mpg autos.

Inside trunk/hatch release. Telescoping steering wheel. Disc brakes on rear wheels.

Love my new car
By Penny

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Prius in April off the show room floor as I was working about 30 miles from home. I love the gas mileage I have been getting. Depending on how fast I drive, weather and weight, I have been averaging about 48-55 mpg. It is also fun to stop at the gas station and buy a pop instead of gas. I am not sorry I bought this. 2 of my co workers have also bought a hybrid as they were impressed with all the features, leg room, quiet, etc. Love it.

Smart key, reverse camera, touch screen, buttons on steering wheel, MPG quiet.

Hard to put gas in gas tank, blows back and pours out if too full. Better tires. Better door panels, I already have a couple of scratches.

• SUV