2008 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: 10K Update to 03/07 Review

2008 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

10K Update to 03/07 Review
By Dave on

2008 Toyota Prius Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The comments provided in my 03/07/2008 review hold true. I have now reached the 10K mark and have learned how to drive to max the mileage - regularly getting 54 MPG in VA summer mixed city/hwy driving using pulse & glide. I am getting ready to switch to synthetic oil which, I am told, will show a slight increase in MPG. One long trip from VA to MA and back proved comfortable with 52 MPG hwy miles. The car's funky design still turns heads and all passengers are impressed with the roominess and cargo carrying capacity. If a Toyota fan, test drive the Camry Hybrid and then the Prius; for me... hands-down selection of the Prius was a no- brainer. Only complaint - hood dings easily.

MPG, blue tooth hands-free telephone, leather, navigation, No-key push button start

Due to aerodynamic shape and material/paint, hood dings in paint could be a problem. A plastic hood deflector would help but is unavailable. Toyota should use ding-free paint similar to that on the rocker panel. Seat adjustment. Retrofit package for lithium-ion battery and plug-in.