2007 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: Mostly good

2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Mostly good
By Frank Germann on

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Prius is manufactured in Japan, except for the Goodyear tires. Guess where all of my problems have been. With the tires. I had to replace one with a leak through the side wall. Should have been covered by warranty, but it wasn't. They said we must have abused it, which we didn't. Now another tire has a slow leak. I paid $10 to fix it but it still leaks. I add air every 10-12 days. Next time I get Japanese tires. Short trips in Minnesota winter gets me only 36 mpg, but usually I get 46-50. In Hot Springs, Arkansas area I got 55 last year. It likes hills, doesn't like cold. My Camry only gets 31, so it sits.

My favorite feature is the Hybrid thing with its high mpg. Also like the smart key, blue tooth, and GPS.

When it is cold, the gas motor comes on and won't turn off till it heats up. I would like to have a switch to override that. I pull up to a red light and the engine keeps running until one second before it turns green. Frustrating.