Headlight Defect!
By HighMileDriver on
2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I bought my Prius new and I love the car, but there are a couple major complaints. At around 30,000 miles the headlights will start to go out. It will start with only the driver side that you can turn back on by flicking them off and on again. The problem gets worse as time goes on. My car now has 110,000 mi on it and I can't drive down the street without flicking them. There is not a recall on this problem and there are no plans for one. The problem is due to the HID lights overheating the ECUs. They are 600$ a piece and it will burn out again in another 30,000 miles. I would suggest asking if this defect has been fixed before purchasing ANY year prius. Despite this common prob. I love it.
Favorite Features
MPG!!!!, Power button, lots of cargo space, cruise control, touch screen, hatch back
Suggested Improvements
Fix the headlight issue permanently. Slim down A-pillars they make a LARGE blind spot. Remove the Traction control it is more likely to cause an accident the prevent one! Power seats. Lumbar support. Drivers seat more short person friendly I am 5'4". Tire replacement too expensive, only 2 cars use.