Used 2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Not particularly impressed
By phxbuck

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'll give you the fact that the vehicle gets great gas mileage, but the savings in gas is offset by the cost to maintain. $500 to replace a headlight, $50 to replace a tail light, cost of replacement tires because the manufacturer puts an odd size on the car, $60 for a cabin air filter, and the list goes on.... Trendy car that needs a bit more disclosure as to what it really is - a really poorly designed car is easy on gas but hard on the wallet in other ways.

Prius is great car
By Bill

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the car new (2.5 years ago). I have 47,000 miles without any trouble. Only complaint is an annoying rattle. I'm getting around 47 MPG overall. 53 on longer freeway trips. I can get five people in it relatively comfortably (one or two kids) for what it is (day trips). Power is better than most four cylinder cars. It won't beat a corvette, it wasn't meant to. With the back seat folded down it holds a great deal. Toyota delivered what they promised. I'd buy one again in a second (after I wear this one out first).

Headroom, reliability, economy, power, versatility, tight turning, visibility, freeway ride.

Get the price down. Otherwise Toyota nailed it.

Brilliant vehicle
By Graham Eastman

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Brilliant vehicle...would not drive anything else...getting 4.3 easily on fuel economy (Aust. Figures). Thinking of buying new 2009 model. Absolute pleasure to travel in.

Dashboard, Litres per 100 kls., seating comfort

Move accelerator further from side wall. With wide shoes you can depress pedal and catch foot on wall and the car does not move as quickly. It is very dangerous.

Best car I've ever owned!
By Nancy Green

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My '07 Prius is getting well over 50 miles/gal, and I chuckle as I drive past the gas station! It is without a doubt the best car purchase I ever made. I like having the key fob rather than a conventional key to open & start the car, and appreciate the feature that will not permit you to lock the key inside!

I love my 2007 GEN2 Prius
By griffycprius

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my 2007 GEN2 Prius. It is an amazing car for what it is. It is now a luxury car, it is not sexy, it does not pick up chicks. However it does cost nothing to drive and is a great car. I use it for surfing, biking, etc and love it. The one main issue is the drivers seat legroom. I am 6'5 and it didn't work.

MPG, bluetooth