Used 2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Love the Car - Not the Corporation...
By Iowa Driver

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the car new. Really ticked me off when it didn't (and still hasn't) gotten the 65/55mpg that it was rated. I get 44-46 most of the time. Really like the storage in the back under the floor. I like the quiet running what I call "Stealth mode". Some things I don't like are how blazing hot the top of the display gets in the summer, the reflection of the light from the dash display onto the windshield at night, but most of all the bad, bad, bad customer service. The paint just peels off of my front bumper and because the territory rep won't approve fixing it (even tho it was still under warranty) they won't fix it. So now I drive around a car with peeling paint.

mpg, ipod connection, quiet ride, seating is awesome, double glove compartment, smart key is the best invention ever, mpg, mpg, mpg...

Price needs to come down! Something added to shield the display so you can see it during the day, better paint on bumpers, accessory outlets in inconvenient places, computer mpg amt is never correct, back of console low quality and falls off a lot, wheels are difficult to clean and make ride shaky.

Love My Prius
By NJ Driver

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Prius used from a limo company. Got a great deal because they took good care of it. I am 6'5 and 240 lbs. and fit fine. It's a great car and I have a lot of fun with it. The pickup is good for a 4 cylinder and better when Premium gas is used. Gotta love it when I fill up the tank with premium for $25 and drive 450 miles. My wife owns a Lexus SUV and we take my car more often than hers. I'd buy another one but a new one next time.

Keyless start. Technologically updated. Good sound system. 45 mpg. Roomy interior.

I wish there was an access port for the iPod cable. Need better access too.

Not particularly impressed
By phxbuck

I'll give you the fact that the vehicle gets great gas mileage, but the savings in gas is offset by the cost to maintain. $500 to replace a headlight, $50 to replace a tail light, cost of replacement tires because the manufacturer puts an odd size on the car, $60 for a cabin air filter, and the list goes on.... Trendy car that needs a bit more disclosure as to what it really is - a really poorly designed car is easy on gas but hard on the wallet in other ways.

Prius is great car
By Bill

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the car new (2.5 years ago). I have 47,000 miles without any trouble. Only complaint is an annoying rattle. I'm getting around 47 MPG overall. 53 on longer freeway trips. I can get five people in it relatively comfortably (one or two kids) for what it is (day trips). Power is better than most four cylinder cars. It won't beat a corvette, it wasn't meant to. With the back seat folded down it holds a great deal. Toyota delivered what they promised. I'd buy one again in a second (after I wear this one out first).

Headroom, reliability, economy, power, versatility, tight turning, visibility, freeway ride.

Get the price down. Otherwise Toyota nailed it.

Brilliant vehicle
By Graham Eastman

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Brilliant vehicle...would not drive anything else...getting 4.3 easily on fuel economy (Aust. Figures). Thinking of buying new 2009 model. Absolute pleasure to travel in.

Dashboard, Litres per 100 kls., seating comfort

Move accelerator further from side wall. With wide shoes you can depress pedal and catch foot on wall and the car does not move as quickly. It is very dangerous.

• SUV