2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
You've Gotta Love It!
By Elenalo on 05/04/08 23:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have been wanting to buy a hybrid for a couple of years. When we were shopping for a hybrid, we also considered the Honda Civic Hybrid but ended up buying the Prius due to its interior room and extra gas mileage. Since buying the Prius in August, we have put over 13,000 miles on it. This car has been our primary vehicle replacing our need to drive our 4-Runner as much. Contrary to what many drivers think this little car does have fairly good pick up, We love watching the MPG surpass 51 but we have been averaging 47-49 MPG. We also love the navigation and sound system but we do not like the back-up alarm. All in all we would love to have another Prius if it weren't so expensive.

Great MPG, Smooth Ride, Lacks Power
By Jason on 04/23/08 09:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like the car, but the MPG is a little disappointing. I was expecting 50+ MPG all the time, but in the winter (here in Minnesota), which is basically half the year Nov-March, I was lucky to get 40. The ride is very nice and smooth. Though the car is very light, and if it's very windy outside the car is very difficult to handle. On snow/ice it handled much better than my Sentra which was nice. I got the stablization feature, which is a MUST if you have any kind of snow/ice where you live.

I'd buy another!
By Bill on 04/17/08 07:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this vehicle after my 3rd $1200 VW Passat repair bill in 6 months. I fell in love with the turn radius, handling, pickup in the city on the test drive. The inside feel is as if the car has wrapped itself around you in a cocoon of quiet. The first time I pulled up to a stop sign, there was utter silence! I am continually surprised at what you can get in the back with the second seat folded down- it folds flat! I also own a Mazda Miata and I prefer driving the Prius!

Better than Expected
By PBeckman on 04/02/08 10:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A great car with many good surprises. Only problems are with the manual, which is often useless; the front seat, which needs greater adjustability; and the steering wheel control lights, which are barely visible. We average in the mid 40s even in the Minnesota winter. The handling is excellent; very quiet cabin; almost parks itself; lots of room in the back and good cargo space. For those who complain about the back-up beep, it can be turned off via the screen input. Also, the green glow on the screen is easily eliminated by simply using the dimmer switch, which still allows plenty of illumination. All in all, a great car that leaves little to be desired.

2007 Prius
By Clete on 03/18/08 16:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned and driven the Prius for 8 months and have had no problems. Just take it to the dealer for regular oil change and check-ups. It has needed no repairs, just regular maintenance. At 7500 miles the dealer told me that I had 98% of the disk pad left. That's amazing only 2% used in these 8 months. I do equal city and hwy driving. I have the regular 4 door with all the options except leather seats.

Bad seat but STILL love my Prius!
By Tom on 03/09/08 22:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The poorly designed seat notwithstanding, I have over 35,000 miles on my Prius in the first year. It has been a delight to drive and a pleasure to fill up compared to my diesel pick up! Great acceleration, computerized everything and excellent handling make this car more fun to drive than you might think. Handles curvy roads with ease and has more than enough acceleration to pass in any conditions.

Better than expected
By Matttt on 02/04/08 11:06 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent car, quiet, easy to drive, 1 touch to start (w/ smart key option), lot of usable storage room, nice touch screen, great mpg even on highway, more than enough power to get on the freeway. Body roll is slightly excessive.

Want my other vehicle back.....
By Jan on 01/18/08 12:45 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It drives okay, handles pretty well. I think it's pretty zippy, when I go to pass I just shift into B. It is very difficult to judge the front because you can't see it & backing up with the camera is deceiving-objects are definitely closer than they appear

Very fun car to drive
By Nick Diaz on 01/15/08 13:39 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car is a very fun car to drive and has a number of very well thought out features. It *is* the car for you if you drive for trips longer than 10 minutes at any one time.

2007 Toyota Prius
By Mike on 01/09/08 19:00 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2007 with Option 6 (leather, nav, backup camera). Drive car daily in both city and highway conditions. Have not had a single problem. I average 57 MPG in the summer and 52 in the winter. Usually can drive around 525-550 miles per tank. Surprised by the acceleration, it moves! Love the car, highly recommend it, especially for commuters.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.