2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
2007 Touring
By TJ on 06/27/08 12:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased an original owner, 2007 Touring 22k miles, with Package 5. The OEM Bridgestone Turanzas were just about worn out and I replaced them with Michelin Primacy's 195/55/16. There are not many tire options with the 16 inch wheels on the touring. Car handles great and is very quiet. Upgraded sound system with 9 speakers and XM is fantastic.

Not well designed.
By Larry on 06/18/08 15:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the package 6 which has navigation, upgraded audio, and leather. It gets good gas mileage, but not the 52-60 that was on the sticker. Audio system has respectable sound. Ride is uncomfortable on trips, mild winds pushes car around. Manual seats are hard to adjust, spoiler obstructs view, dash lights are hard to see in sunshine and there is a reflection on the windshield, gas gauge readings are not accurate, navigation system awkwardly placed.

Terrific car
By Keith Johnson on 06/13/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is everything they brag it up to be. It is not the prettiest car on the road, but is very roomy and comfortable on the inside. I drive it to get the most milleage, which means no gunning it at a green light and coasting up to a red light. I honestly get 50 mpg and better all of the time. I have only taken it on one road trip and that was from Phoenix to Las Vegas, about 650 miles round trip, I averaged 51.8 mpg on the entire trip. I would recommend this car to everyone.

More than I expected
By CAR on 06/12/08 14:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was very upset when my husband informed me that he wanted to buy a Pruis. I really did not like the exterior looks but after I got over the shock. We got one red with package 5. I loved it and wanted to drive it all the time. Plenty of room for me and husband and 2 kids in car seats. So easy to drive and park loved the back-up camera. But I am SAD now. We had our Prius for 1 year and then a girl pulled out in front of me and I hit her and it totaled the car. Disappointed to find out that we will have to be put on a waiting list to get our next Prius. But it will be worth the wait. Our mileage averaged 45 mpg most of the time. I think I will get leather on the next one though.

I love my 2007 Prius!
By Paula on 06/12/08 07:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just brought my Prius 3 weeks ago. We took a trip to Houston and I went 227 miles before the 1st fuel block moved. I went 527 miles and I still had a little over half a tank. I went around 747 miles before I put more gas in the car because we were on our way back home from our weekend trip and wanted to make sure we had gas going on the back roads. I was very impressed with the mileage. The seats comfort was okay I moved around a little to get comfortable and I am 6"1. My husband had plenty of room. It said we average 54.2 miles while on that trip i tried to stay around 65 miles per hour. I am enjoying the prius. I traded in my 07 Yaris for safety reasons (smaller car). Glad I did it!

Excellent investment
By janine on 06/11/08 19:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car. It has never disappointed me in any way. If you know how to drive it, you can get 50-60 mpg. Don't let people fool you. Drive one and see. You won't be sorry. Handles good in snow and ice too. Best car I have ever owned and I have had lots of cars. I am 58 years young.

I am loving my Prius
By Paula Bell on 05/30/08 10:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car rides well. Due to gas prices rising, I knew that I needed to try and get the best for the buck. I have an SUV and a sedan and another small car. My husband and I drive the small car and the Prius. It has plenty of room - I'm 6'1 and comfortable in it. I got the base model. I have had it a week and it appears we made the right choice. We are happy with the car. It has a few small minor issues which it is a 2007, but overall the car was clean! I am looking forward to saving gas, and being able to use that money on another bill. Awesome!!

Intellegent Car for the 21st Century
By SootyOarsman on 05/15/08 16:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Comfortable, but not too comfortable. Peppy, but not speedy. A vehicle that improves your driving habits and rewards with great gas mileage. A car that evokes envy and also disgust, but to the driver it just doesn't matter! The world is suddenly less dunning and the planet breathes a little easier. In a funny way it teaches us to be more courteous, gentle with the pedal, and mindful of our influence on the planet. Perhaps the biggest change in my driving habits since owning this car is that I now drive less.

Best Car Ever!!
By Charles on 05/07/08 05:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great car. I bought my car in June of 2007 for a job I got that was 90 miles away. I was driving from Germantown, MD to York, PA every day. My avg mileage for the warmer months was 53-55 mpg, and during the colder months I avg 45-47. The car really fits my driving style and is fun to see your gas per mile go up instead of down.

One year completed and going strong
By Sanjay on 05/07/08 00:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought Prius in May 2007. In one year I have driven about 17,000 miles and thought I should write something to benefit other potential buyers. I am extremely happy with ride, comfort, performance etc, but most of all with fuel efficiency. I have been consistently getting 52-53 mpg for last one year, with air on 7 months out of 12 months. The best mileage I have received so far is 62 MPG, while the worst was 47 MPG (when I drove 90 miles/hour long distance, full load and AC on.) Settled on Prius for it's high power engine and electric motor, uniqueness and last but not the least, a Prius is Prius!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.