Used 2007 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Shame on You, Toyota!
By D. Cummings

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Please let me begin by saying that it saddens me to have to write this negative review of a company I once thought of as the benchmark in automotive quality, value and to some extent, design. Like many(maybe most?) of you, I thought our 2007 Prius was the greatest car ever invented when we purchased it new 48,500 miles ago. The list of design flaws, there are too many to list here, is long, but the worst and most dangerous of these being the extremely poor quality OE tires, traction control on wet surfaces, poorly lit dash, sloppy handling and difficult dash controls. Ralph Nader might call the Prius the new Corvair. Due to 7 safety recalls, Toyota's resale values have plummeted! Sad.

Fuel economy (Duh!)

Employ the hybrid technology in a more thoughtfully designed product AND DON"T CUT CORNERS THIS TIME! You have just punished your customers for believing in you. It seems that in your quest to surpass GM in sales you unfortunately became the new GM. Maybe a 5 year/50,000 would help. Ask Hyundai.

Great Car, Decent MPG
By rwb9900

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like it. I would not buy from Sun Toyota though. MPG are good but a far cry from what they tell you it will be.

Hybrid

Have Nav and bluetooth phone connection. Get the miles per gallon they say it should. Power seats. Larger gas tank.

A+ for Prius 07.
By Z

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought his Car 2 weeks ago. MPG are amazing. First week to fill it out was $20.00. I ran about 400 miles with a full tank combined with city and highway. I have no complaints at all. Great Car. I should've bought it 2 years ago.

Smart Key. Screen. Stay off while ur in Traffic or park. Reverse camera. Comfortable inside. Price of Gas! :D

Moonroof.

Mike's Review
By Mike Foreman

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2007 Prius has been a joy to drive. It has met my expectations & then some. I especially enjoy the dynamic brake that can be manually controlled to reduce the wear on the mechanical braking system & improve gas mileage.I hope to buy an all electric car someday, but in the mean time my Prius is my pride & joy.

The dynamic brake is my favorite feature.

All electric or plug-in hybrid upgrade offer by Toyota dealers.

Gas Mileage/Reliability
By mark.k

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2007 Prius Touring model with Navigation is excellent in two areas: gas mileage (EPA 44-48) and reliability. People should not expect it to drive like a sports car, to ride like a luxury car, or to perform like a high clearance 4WD SUV in winter conditions. However for what it was designed to be, it is a very good car. Just don't have unrealistic expectations and you will be very happy with a Prius. I have also owned an Avalon and two Camrys and they were very good cars.

Excellent gas mileage and reliability; ample interior room for four people; back up camera; and unleaded gasoline.

Rear window visibility.