Used 2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Whats wrong with my brakes?
By Jayr

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my car in May of this year as a used vehicle. I loved it until last week. I was sitting in my car, which was off, when i turned the car on it asked me to get to a level ground and take the e-brake off. I would have except I was on level ground, the e-brake was off and my car wouldn't start. My dashboard had all my brake lights on. 4 hours of assistance and towing and they told me it was my battery. Exactly one week later, I was driving down the highway, less than a mile from my exit when my car started making a beep noise, and again ALL my brake lights came on. This time my car was in motion and the brake pedal would not work, it was rock stiff as I went 60 mph on an exit ramp.

Like i said, I loved my car until it became dangerous. I risked my life trying to get off a highway. I barely missed another car on the off ramp before i pulled the wheel hard left at the intersection and my car shut off and would not start.

My car is now at the dealership & the company has no idea what is wrong with it. I do not want my car back as I am afraid they will tell me the problem is fixed again, but as you can see it was not fixed the first time. My car averaged 45 mpg, was not horrible uncomfortable & like i said i loved it.

it's okay but ...
By sparkyshan

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We originally purchased this for my wife. We have since bought her a new car and I inherited it. I am 6'2" and I have found that the seat does not go back far enough for me. I am too close to the steering wheel for comfort. For short rides, it's okay, but anything over an hour and I am uncomfortable. Does get good mileage, which helps. To be honest, if I weren't upside down on the amount owed vs value, I would sell it and get a Subaru Outback.

Enable the drivers seat to go back further. I have owned other Toyotas in the past and never had this problem.

Very Happy
By Angela

Purchased the car Toyota Certified w/50,000 miles. I have put 10,000 on it since. The car has been surprisingly good. I was really afraid to make this purchase after reading some reviews but I am really glad I did. I have had no trouble at all, scheduled maintenance is minimal and I LOVE the gas mileage. Keep in mind it is a small economical car but loaded out nicely it is great going down the road.

Shame on You, Toyota!
By D. Cummings

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Please let me begin by saying that it saddens me to have to write this negative review of a company I once thought of as the benchmark in automotive quality, value and to some extent, design. Like many(maybe most?) of you, I thought our 2007 Prius was the greatest car ever invented when we purchased it new 48,500 miles ago. The list of design flaws, there are too many to list here, is long, but the worst and most dangerous of these being the extremely poor quality OE tires, traction control on wet surfaces, poorly lit dash, sloppy handling and difficult dash controls. Ralph Nader might call the Prius the new Corvair. Due to 7 safety recalls, Toyota's resale values have plummeted! Sad.

Fuel economy (Duh!)

Employ the hybrid technology in a more thoughtfully designed product AND DON"T CUT CORNERS THIS TIME! You have just punished your customers for believing in you. It seems that in your quest to surpass GM in sales you unfortunately became the new GM. Maybe a 5 year/50,000 would help. Ask Hyundai.

Great Car, Decent MPG
By rwb9900

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like it. I would not buy from Sun Toyota though. MPG are good but a far cry from what they tell you it will be.

Hybrid

Have Nav and bluetooth phone connection. Get the miles per gallon they say it should. Power seats. Larger gas tank.