2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Love the Car - Not the Corporation...
By Iowa Driver on 11/08/09 21:49 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the car new. Really ticked me off when it didn't (and still hasn't) gotten the 65/55mpg that it was rated. I get 44-46 most of the time. Really like the storage in the back under the floor. I like the quiet running what I call "Stealth mode". Some things I don't like are how blazing hot the top of the display gets in the summer, the reflection of the light from the dash display onto the windshield at night, but most of all the bad, bad, bad customer service. The paint just peels off of my front bumper and because the territory rep won't approve fixing it (even tho it was still under warranty) they won't fix it. So now I drive around a car with peeling paint.

Love My Prius
By NJ Driver on 09/26/09 21:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Prius used from a limo company. Got a great deal because they took good care of it. I am 6'5 and 240 lbs. and fit fine. It's a great car and I have a lot of fun with it. The pickup is good for a 4 cylinder and better when Premium gas is used. Gotta love it when I fill up the tank with premium for $25 and drive 450 miles. My wife owns a Lexus SUV and we take my car more often than hers. I'd buy another one but a new one next time.

Not particularly impressed
By phxbuck on 09/03/09 20:25 PM (PDT)

I'll give you the fact that the vehicle gets great gas mileage, but the savings in gas is offset by the cost to maintain. $500 to replace a headlight, $50 to replace a tail light, cost of replacement tires because the manufacturer puts an odd size on the car, $60 for a cabin air filter, and the list goes on.... Trendy car that needs a bit more disclosure as to what it really is - a really poorly designed car is easy on gas but hard on the wallet in other ways.

Prius is great car
By Bill on 09/02/09 13:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the car new (2.5 years ago). I have 47,000 miles without any trouble. Only complaint is an annoying rattle. I'm getting around 47 MPG overall. 53 on longer freeway trips. I can get five people in it relatively comfortably (one or two kids) for what it is (day trips). Power is better than most four cylinder cars. It won't beat a corvette, it wasn't meant to. With the back seat folded down it holds a great deal. Toyota delivered what they promised. I'd buy one again in a second (after I wear this one out first).

Brilliant vehicle
By Graham Eastman on 08/23/09 17:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Brilliant vehicle...would not drive anything else...getting 4.3 easily on fuel economy (Aust. Figures). Thinking of buying new 2009 model. Absolute pleasure to travel in.

Best car I've ever owned!
By Nancy Green on 07/16/09 13:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My '07 Prius is getting well over 50 miles/gal, and I chuckle as I drive past the gas station! It is without a doubt the best car purchase I ever made. I like having the key fob rather than a conventional key to open & start the car, and appreciate the feature that will not permit you to lock the key inside!

I love my 2007 GEN2 Prius
By griffycprius on 07/10/09 14:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my 2007 GEN2 Prius. It is an amazing car for what it is. It is now a luxury car, it is not sexy, it does not pick up chicks. However it does cost nothing to drive and is a great car. I use it for surfing, biking, etc and love it. The one main issue is the drivers seat legroom. I am 6'5 and it didn't work.

Mostly good
By Frank Germann on 04/09/09 11:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Prius is manufactured in Japan, except for the Goodyear tires. Guess where all of my problems have been. With the tires. I had to replace one with a leak through the side wall. Should have been covered by warranty, but it wasn't. They said we must have abused it, which we didn't. Now another tire has a slow leak. I paid $10 to fix it but it still leaks. I add air every 10-12 days. Next time I get Japanese tires. Short trips in Minnesota winter gets me only 36 mpg, but usually I get 46-50. In Hot Springs, Arkansas area I got 55 last year. It likes hills, doesn't like cold. My Camry only gets 31, so it sits.

This car is dangerously boring
By Petrolhead on 04/05/09 16:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the Pruis in 2006 for $27000. It only has a few options (Stability control, side airbags, ect.), but the dealer forces you to pay $2000-3000 over MSRP. Since I bought the car I've had to replace the batteries twice and the interior has fallen apart worse than the 1998 Ford Escort I was replacing. Even the gas mileage hasn't been great, because the batteries don't work properly in cold weather. The worst part however is the driving experience, the Pruis has a serious shortage of power and has no steering feel. I found the brakes very weak and delivered almost no pedal feel. The seats are also very uncomfortable. I find the ride rough and the whole car shudders over all bumps.

My 2007 Touring Prius
By DGervais on 03/16/09 21:04 PM (PDT)

I got my 2007 Prius nicely discounted with around 50,000 miles. I've had it a month, and so far so good. Millage ranges in the mid 40's, about the same city/highway. Also, unlike the horror stories I was reading about the traction control, she ran fine through the worst of two snowstorms. On hills, the car does struggle when climbing, and the car does move a bit in high winds, drawbacks far outweighed by it's efficiency, and it's maneuverability, and it's handling in almost all conditions. As a parting note, the space age exterior design is sleek, sporty, and unique.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.