Used 2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

it's okay but ...
By sparkyshan

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We originally purchased this for my wife. We have since bought her a new car and I inherited it. I am 6'2" and I have found that the seat does not go back far enough for me. I am too close to the steering wheel for comfort. For short rides, it's okay, but anything over an hour and I am uncomfortable. Does get good mileage, which helps. To be honest, if I weren't upside down on the amount owed vs value, I would sell it and get a Subaru Outback.

Suggested Improvements

Enable the drivers seat to go back further. I have owned other Toyotas in the past and never had this problem.

Very Happy
By Angela

Purchased the car Toyota Certified w/50,000 miles. I have put 10,000 on it since. The car has been surprisingly good. I was really afraid to make this purchase after reading some reviews but I am really glad I did. I have had no trouble at all, scheduled maintenance is minimal and I LOVE the gas mileage. Keep in mind it is a small economical car but loaded out nicely it is great going down the road.

Shame on You, Toyota!
By D. Cummings

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Please let me begin by saying that it saddens me to have to write this negative review of a company I once thought of as the benchmark in automotive quality, value and to some extent, design. Like many(maybe most?) of you, I thought our 2007 Prius was the greatest car ever invented when we purchased it new 48,500 miles ago. The list of design flaws, there are too many to list here, is long, but the worst and most dangerous of these being the extremely poor quality OE tires, traction control on wet surfaces, poorly lit dash, sloppy handling and difficult dash controls. Ralph Nader might call the Prius the new Corvair. Due to 7 safety recalls, Toyota's resale values have plummeted! Sad.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy (Duh!)

Suggested Improvements

Employ the hybrid technology in a more thoughtfully designed product AND DON"T CUT CORNERS THIS TIME! You have just punished your customers for believing in you. It seems that in your quest to surpass GM in sales you unfortunately became the new GM. Maybe a 5 year/50,000 would help. Ask Hyundai.

Great Car, Decent MPG
By rwb9900

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like it. I would not buy from Sun Toyota though. MPG are good but a far cry from what they tell you it will be.

Favorite Features

Hybrid

Suggested Improvements

Have Nav and bluetooth phone connection. Get the miles per gallon they say it should. Power seats. Larger gas tank.

A+ for Prius 07.
By Z

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought his Car 2 weeks ago. MPG are amazing. First week to fill it out was $20.00. I ran about 400 miles with a full tank combined with city and highway. I have no complaints at all. Great Car. I should've bought it 2 years ago.

Favorite Features

Smart Key. Screen. Stay off while ur in Traffic or park. Reverse camera. Comfortable inside. Price of Gas! :D

Suggested Improvements

Moonroof.