Used 2007 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Great car
By prius owner

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have no complaints about this car. I gave up a Mini Cooper, my dream car, after 2 1/2 years due to the high maintenance cost (I drive almost 100 miles a day and high performance tires are expensive and don't last). Since I gave up the dream car I went for highest MPG. After the first test drive I thought it felt like driving the space shuttle. However, it grew on me and I am happy with my decision to trade.

MPG - 51 on mostly very hilly highway, SmartKey (I don't touch my keys...ever!), Bluetooth, Back up camera, computer display and touchscreen.

Rear window visibility, reduce glare from dash on window, power seats, moonroof option, change cloth on armrest to a padded plastic or fake leather material. How about fake leather all around so it would more affordable for those who don't want cloth but can't afford the $2000 upgrade to leather?

Love this car
By tdburda

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have a 45 mile commute one way, up and down plenty of hills and have been averaging about 47 mpg and the car is not even broken in yet. Three days after we got the car we took a 2,000 mile trip it did excellent and was very comfortable. I have become a bit obsessive about the MPG.

Gas mileage, interior room and exterior styling, back up camera, quietness.

Rear window visibility, sunroof, somehow eliminate the scare factor to pedestrians on parking lots.

By Snappy

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just made a 2000 mile trip. Averaged my MPG and it came out to 55.2. That's a big Wow!! Driver's seat very uncomfortable for me on long trips.

Access to common features via monitor.

Adjustable driver's seat. More leg room on front driver's side.

A pleasant surprise!
By mictra03

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If someone told me before I bought this car that it would be fun to drive, I would have laughed. They would have been right. This car is peppy, has a lot of character and is a champion on fuel consumption. I've ranged anywhere from 39 MPG to 58 MPG with this car. It's got plenty of cargo room and the use of a backup camera has been priceless.

Gas mileage, backup camera, cargo space, hybrid technology, improved braking system.

The only knock I have on this is the fuel indicator tends to be misleading. A 12 gallon car should be at the halfway point when there is 6 gallons left. I filled up one time when I had 4 bars left in the tank. Only took 5 gallons of gas. Very misleading.

Very Happy!
By pdxor

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased my Blue 2007 Prius Touring a few weeks ago and have been very happy with it. You do have to work on driving habits to maximize fuel economy but the results are great. I have a short commute that is uphill in the mornings. I average about 38 mpg on the way there. On the way back I have gotten as high as 77 mpg though! I just completed 30 miles of errands and averaged 57.5. My last car was a 1997 VW GTI. It has been a big upgrade in terms of interior build quality. The fit and finish is superb. I have not had any rattles and the ride is much more solid than my VW. I have had not problems with handling and it feels very stable on the highway.

Mileage, bluetooth, 6 CD MP3 changer, auxiliary MP3 input, big LCD screen, smart key is great, backup camera, very quiet and comfortable. I am 6'3 and have plenty of headroom. The rear leg room is plentiful for a car this size. Solid build quality (listen to the doors shut).

Would like heated seats as an option. Annoying reverse beeping.

• SUV