Used 2007 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

By Snappy

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just made a 2000 mile trip. Averaged my MPG and it came out to 55.2. That's a big Wow!! Driver's seat very uncomfortable for me on long trips.

Favorite Features

Access to common features via monitor.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable driver's seat. More leg room on front driver's side.

A pleasant surprise!
By mictra03

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If someone told me before I bought this car that it would be fun to drive, I would have laughed. They would have been right. This car is peppy, has a lot of character and is a champion on fuel consumption. I've ranged anywhere from 39 MPG to 58 MPG with this car. It's got plenty of cargo room and the use of a backup camera has been priceless.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, backup camera, cargo space, hybrid technology, improved braking system.

Suggested Improvements

The only knock I have on this is the fuel indicator tends to be misleading. A 12 gallon car should be at the halfway point when there is 6 gallons left. I filled up one time when I had 4 bars left in the tank. Only took 5 gallons of gas. Very misleading.

Very Happy!
By pdxor

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased my Blue 2007 Prius Touring a few weeks ago and have been very happy with it. You do have to work on driving habits to maximize fuel economy but the results are great. I have a short commute that is uphill in the mornings. I average about 38 mpg on the way there. On the way back I have gotten as high as 77 mpg though! I just completed 30 miles of errands and averaged 57.5. My last car was a 1997 VW GTI. It has been a big upgrade in terms of interior build quality. The fit and finish is superb. I have not had any rattles and the ride is much more solid than my VW. I have had not problems with handling and it feels very stable on the highway.

Favorite Features

Mileage, bluetooth, 6 CD MP3 changer, auxiliary MP3 input, big LCD screen, smart key is great, backup camera, very quiet and comfortable. I am 6'3 and have plenty of headroom. The rear leg room is plentiful for a car this size. Solid build quality (listen to the doors shut).

Suggested Improvements

Would like heated seats as an option. Annoying reverse beeping.

Prius Rocks
By pmanza

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in a Lexus RX 300 for the Prius, mostly for better gas mileage. Was shopping Camry Hybrid against Prius, but went with Prius as a better overall value, plus I actually like the hatchback design. While the car isn't as comfortable as a Lexus, or as quiet, it still is very nice and I don't find myself missing my old car at all (well almost). Many complain about the seats in the Prius, but for me they are fine, plenty comfortable and supportive. It also was really nice filling up for the first time after 400 miles and it only cost $24! Even my husband was sold after we drove it home getting 55 mpg on the highway right off the lot.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, hatchback design, smartkey. Most controls are intuitive and easy to use. HIDs are great. I actually like the funky mph screen now that I am getting used to it. Plenty of option packages so it can be priced out to fit into almost any budget.

Suggested Improvements

Power seats, telescopic steering wheel. Get a compass without having to pay for navigation. Rear air vents for backseat passengers. Daytime running lights and auto-on headlights (they are offered in Canada, why not here?). Provide better stock tires. Higher quality interior plastic pieces.

An Overall Winner
By Vic

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car to use as my commuter vehicle into NYC from New Jersey every day. It was all about fuel economy. After using it, my whole family prefers to take the Prius on trips rather than a larger, less economical car because of the room and the ride. I am considering getting rid of that to get my wife a Prius. My fuel economy is less than I expected, but still better than any other car my 6'3" frame would fit in, at an average of 44 mpg in mostly stop and go driving. I have gotten as good as 52 mpg though with "regular" driving. I have not had any problems with this vehicle, so I can't complain on that front. All in all this car is a winner!

Favorite Features

In order for me: The Bluetooth, LCD display (which is not distracting), fingertip controls on the steering wheel, backup camera, roominess to drive, smooth ride. For a neigborhood dog: The backup camera saved his life the other day when he ran behind and stood behind my car as I was backing up.

Suggested Improvements

There are none! Other than the fact that it has been the same shape for a few years, everything else is great! I realize that add on chrome and sunroof would dress it up more, but at sacrificing the real reason we bought this car, mpg and better emissions.