2007 Toyota Prius Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Driving the future
By juz8up on 11/21/06 23:49 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hybrid works for me. Love the silence on stop lights and parking. Drives smooth like I am in an airplane... no need to put keys in, just push the button and drive. The satellite radio also is good in long driving to vegas for uninterupted songs unlike fm radio where it gets cut at certain areas when signal fades. I also noticed the car charges when my foot is off the gas, not necessarily when i am braking. Cool. One of the best part is the camera on the back. It comes in handy when I am backing up knowing exactly what is behind me.

I forgot how to open the gas cap
By Epoch on 11/21/06 20:02 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this car for three weeks, I'm not a lead foot but I'm only getting around 42 mpg with mostly suburban driving and short commute. I'm not disappointed that it doesn't live up to EPA mileage estimates (I have never had a car that did) and considering that my last car got 16 mpg, it is a vast improvement. I can drive in HOV lanes in NY without additional occupants under the Clean Pass program which is a major plus. The styling is quite impressive, the car rides and handles extremely well I really love the blue tooth and navigations system. I feel like I'm making a small contribution to reduce American dependance on foreign oil which is something people should start taking seriously.

Good Car
By Nevada Bob on 11/21/06 18:00 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car. I had a 2005 fully loaded. Got a 2007 Touring fully loaded and like it better then the 2005. Comfort of front seat (driver's) is much better. I drove from Las Vegas Nv to San Pedro Calif and then to Ontario Calif. Topped the tank off, a whopping 7.46 gal. WOW!! Most of this at 65 to 75 MPH.

We have two 2007 Touring models
By PLM on 11/13/06 14:34 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After using the initial Prius Touring for one week to replace a small SUV, I bought a second one. Now we have two and like both of them. Very impressive once one gets over the macho feelings of driving an SUV or large sedan (Avalon). High tech features, quiet ride, great mpg, fine stereo, and the leather aftermarket seats installed by the dealer, all combine to make for a superb experience. As seniors (66 & 62) we think these are good travel cars, reliable and efficient. So far--wow!

Great Investment
By Allen on 11/12/06 23:11 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have put about 1400 miles on this car so far and love it more each day. It has a lot more power than I expected for a gas saving vehicle. Plenty of power to pass. Very stable on the road. 44 to 50 mpg with more aggressive driving. More room inside than it looks. I've also road as a passanger in the back, even with the front seats all the way back there was plenty of room. Handles great on wet pavement and taking corners fast. Very smooth ride and feels like it has control of the road. Plenty of room in the hatch back area with additional underneath, also has a cover to pull over to hide it all from view. Plenty of compartments for cups front and back, sunglasses up front.

Saving is Pure Fun with Prius
By MinPin on 11/04/06 09:33 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Wow! What an impressive car. Love all the technology. Checking mileage as you drive is not only fun, but I'm learning to get even higher mileage. Great not having to have a key. I just throw the control in pocket or purse and go. Nice and quiet. Comfortable. Great cargo space for shopping finds and crate for my dog - who loves that he can now see out. Easy to handle. Great stereo system. Use the MP3 plug in a lot too. Very nice. Cup holders that really hold a cup! Water bottle holder on the doors. Map and vanity lights. Smooth and comfortable. I've already ordered my 2010! Love the clean air and helping the environment.

Just drove one across the Country
By George F on 11/03/06 05:25 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the perfect automobile. I just drove it 2550 miles in only 2 1/2 days across this beautiful country. There were 16 hour days in rain, traffic, and various other road conditions. It performed flawlessly. I could go on but my ratings say it all except for this one item. When I pulled into my drive way, the fuel meter showed 48.2 mpg for the whole trip. WOW! With long distances at 80 mph.

I Love It
By Geo. on 10/17/06 11:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven only 1300 mi. On vacation a pick-up left turned in front of me. I had to swerve into the left lane to aviod him and quickly back to aviod another vehicle behind him (50 yards or so) I was going about 50. I do not know if the stability control engaged. The car handled it perfectly.

This car is the way to go
By Raslin on 10/15/06 00:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have almost 600 miles on it and I have never had so much fun driving a car I love the constant gas status it makes driving efficiently fun. I was afraid the Bluetooth would be as bad as it is on many new cars but the sound is great and the auto linking is priceless. Also never having to use a key to lock the car unlock or start it is the coolest. The car has more power in take off then my Corolla did too.

The Best Hybrid Yet!
By Danny on 10/09/06 11:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When Honda first introduced the first 'Hybrid' vehicle on the market, it didnt do such of a large impact, simply because fuel economy was not such a concern several years ago but now since the high prices of gasoline has reflected off my new 07 Prius I seem to realize I have not only purchased a gas saving car, but I bought the best hybrid yet! With its remarkable value; lower prices, more to choose from, and better looks, it totally beat 'any' hybrid in its price- range! I totally enjoy every piece of metal used on my car, and I seemed to realize, it was one of the greatest investments in my life that I have conducted...Because of what I have done, I have