2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Close but not cigar
By cheapdeep on 12/30/10 22:11 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really wanted to like the Prius but ended up trading it in about a month after buying it. It drives like a golf cart but I'm ok with that. What really bothered me were some missing features and the ergonomics. This is a bit of an exaggeration but it felt like I had to press 3 buttons to change the radio. While the touch screen is cool and futurisic, nothing beats a button for functionality. Nothing on this car was intuitive. I constantly felt like I was doing a science experiment. And the transition between the electic motor and gas was not smooth.

One Cool Car
By mrmustard on 12/23/10 23:31 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have always been fond of any Honda or Toyota vehicle. I have depended on both manufacturers and they've never let me down. I love the Prius, everything about it. It is enjoyable to drive and performs well on my 60 mile one way commute to work. The handling and responsiveness is is better than average. Fuel economy is outstanding and the consumption monitor has allowed me to correct my gas guzzling driving habits. The ride is smooth and quiet on the highway. Prius and “Hybrid Synergy Drive” make interesting conversation with friends. I wish I had owned one much sooner. The car is just plain cool.

Whats wrong with my brakes?
By Jayr on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my car in May of this year as a used vehicle. I loved it until last week. I was sitting in my car, which was off, when i turned the car on it asked me to get to a level ground and take the e-brake off. I would have except I was on level ground, the e-brake was off and my car wouldn't start. My dashboard had all my brake lights on. 4 hours of assistance and towing and they told me it was my battery. Exactly one week later, I was driving down the highway, less than a mile from my exit when my car started making a beep noise, and again ALL my brake lights came on. This time my car was in motion and the brake pedal would not work, it was rock stiff as I went 60 mph on an exit ramp.

it's okay but ...
By sparkyshan on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

We originally purchased this for my wife. We have since bought her a new car and I inherited it. I am 6'2" and I have found that the seat does not go back far enough for me. I am too close to the steering wheel for comfort. For short rides, it's okay, but anything over an hour and I am uncomfortable. Does get good mileage, which helps. To be honest, if I weren't upside down on the amount owed vs value, I would sell it and get a Subaru Outback.

Very Happy
By Angela on 09/07/10 06:59 AM (PDT)

Purchased the car Toyota Certified w/50,000 miles. I have put 10,000 on it since. The car has been surprisingly good. I was really afraid to make this purchase after reading some reviews but I am really glad I did. I have had no trouble at all, scheduled maintenance is minimal and I LOVE the gas mileage. Keep in mind it is a small economical car but loaded out nicely it is great going down the road.

Shame on You, Toyota!
By D. Cummings on 09/02/10 21:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Please let me begin by saying that it saddens me to have to write this negative review of a company I once thought of as the benchmark in automotive quality, value and to some extent, design. Like many(maybe most?) of you, I thought our 2007 Prius was the greatest car ever invented when we purchased it new 48,500 miles ago. The list of design flaws, there are too many to list here, is long, but the worst and most dangerous of these being the extremely poor quality OE tires, traction control on wet surfaces, poorly lit dash, sloppy handling and difficult dash controls. Ralph Nader might call the Prius the new Corvair. Due to 7 safety recalls, Toyota's resale values have plummeted! Sad.

Great Car, Decent MPG
By rwb9900 on 07/08/10 06:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like it. I would not buy from Sun Toyota though. MPG are good but a far cry from what they tell you it will be.

A+ for Prius 07.
By Z on 06/29/10 07:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought his Car 2 weeks ago. MPG are amazing. First week to fill it out was $20.00. I ran about 400 miles with a full tank combined with city and highway. I have no complaints at all. Great Car. I should've bought it 2 years ago.

Mike's Review
By Mike Foreman on 06/24/10 15:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2007 Prius has been a joy to drive. It has met my expectations & then some. I especially enjoy the dynamic brake that can be manually controlled to reduce the wear on the mechanical braking system & improve gas mileage.I hope to buy an all electric car someday, but in the mean time my Prius is my pride & joy.

Gas Mileage/Reliability
By mark.k on 05/31/10 20:37 PM (PDT)

My 2007 Prius Touring model with Navigation is excellent in two areas: gas mileage (EPA 44-48) and reliability. People should not expect it to drive like a sports car, to ride like a luxury car, or to perform like a high clearance 4WD SUV in winter conditions. However for what it was designed to be, it is a very good car. Just don't have unrealistic expectations and you will be very happy with a Prius. I have also owned an Avalon and two Camrys and they were very good cars.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.