Used 2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

A great first car. No Qualms...
By jeffsteph

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Everyone I talked to loved their Prius buys. I'm happy to say I am now a welcome member to the same club. Was looking for an economical first car upon making a move cross country to AZ. Settled in on the 2007 Prius that was coincedentally installed with GPS, JBL Speakers and backup camera. The Gas mileage is a solid 40-45 City/Hwy. So glad I made the choice.

Fuel efficient
By subarudavis

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

30k miles on the car now, running strong. I like the car, it has good audio, comfortable seats (not electric though), roomy, and most of all its economical to run. My insurance gives me a break because its a hybrid, I pay a lot less for gas, and it is reliable. These features save me money but I am a little angry at toyota for making it so hard to change headlights, I had to bay a few hundred because the whole front bumper needs to be taken off to get to the HID lights on the touring model. No mechanical issues, one electrical issue with cd player not working, and the GPS is horrible. Not very fun to drive and not powerful. I get about 45mpg overall.

Favorite Features

MPG, engine and drivetrain reliability, economical to drive.

Suggested Improvements

expensive replacement parts and operations, bad handling, bad acceleration.

Good family car
By anhdao

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in my Acura RSX for this prius when I was 6 months pregnant because I wanted something more family friendly that would also be easy for me to drive late in my pregnancy. This car runs well, is very comfortable and practical. Now that I have had my baby, it fits my car seat and stroller and I even have

Favorite Features

good cargo space

Suggested Improvements

would like a better stereo

260,000 miles, no rattles, no creaks, no maintenance
By priusenvy1

I have driven a lot of great cars but this is by far tops. 260,000 miles, and not one creak, rattle or squeak..and that includes the brakes. I have never even had to change breaks or turned rotars, and my car drives perfectly straight still. Using engine to break and recharge battery saves the brakes!! Power is great, I can pass and go 90 mph if I wanted and engine has no straining. Oh and I have never had a tuneup either. My leather seats only have a side split in drivers seat, leather steering wheel still looks new. Dont be fooled, it's spacious and comfy. I am 6'1" and used to have back aches from driving so much, but this car's smooth ride has changed that too! Has saved me a fortune!

Favorite Features

Mileage, smooth ride, build quality. people say that interior is cheap, but it might not look great, but it lasts. Oh, and get the dark gray paint, if you can. It looks great, but is very susceptible to road chips. There paint ain't that great.

Suggested Improvements

I don't remember the original tires, but they were loud. I then changed to Michelin Primacy, and they are awesome, I get 80,000 and very quiet. Only problem I have had is replaced HID headlamps 3 times. There is a defect of some sort, I have spent $270 each time replaced both. Hid are expensive and changing them in Prius is a major pain, you have to take off bumper. I tried, but failed! Very frustrating. But that is only problem. Did I tell you I never have tuned it up, never changed timing belt or changed transmission fluid. I am so bad, and this car still has not made me pay!! Going in for needed maintenance this week, finally!!

great for normal people!
By dafish3

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I puchased my current prius used with 20k on it, now I have over 100k. I am still getting 46mgs driving everything from in city to 85 on the highway, and not easy through winding roads. For on road use I think there is no real car that can compare. I can fit a 8' surfboard inside or bring it to the snow, the car is really flexible with the seats taking no time at all to fold down and the under floor storage in the back there is a ton of room. I have taken this car for 14 hour car trips, with no compants coming from my wallet or the car! Being 6' tall I fit great into the drivers seat and can even fit in the back...

Favorite Features

MPG, noise, comfortable, space,

Suggested Improvements

ground clearence better uphill pull/ acceleration base radio could be better sterotypical drivers behind the wheel