Used 2007 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Perfect for retirees
By pablo

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought this when gas reached $3/gal in Colorado - mainly for use around town. The Prius has turned out to be great for road trips too - adequate power and no problem keeping up with Interstate traffic at 75 - 80mph. With a little care we consistently get 50 - 55 mpg in town, 48 to 52 mpg on long trips. Only complaints are cheapness of interior (with Package 6 leather) and unattractiveness of shiny black plastic interior trim.

Favorite Features

Incredible gas mileage. Ride comfort. Quietness. Interior space. Exterior styling. Smart key system. Bluetooth phone connectivity. Backup camera.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality seats and interior trim. More choices of interior color scheme. Better quality audio system.

Fun to drive
By janie

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Prius for almost 4 months and love it more every day! Changing jobs brought a longer commute, but ability to drive in the HOV lane makes the commute almost painless. I laugh as I zoom by all those folks at a dead stop on the freeway. Gas mileage has also increased as I learned better driving techniques - now averaging about 50 mpg. Love the bluetooth and use it constantly - makes good use of the long drive and a much safer way to talk on the phone, plus its easy to use. Storage in the back is more roomy than it looks - all the junk I carried in my larger SUV fit with room to spare and the cover hides everything. Expected to like the Prius, pleasantly surprised to love it!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage of course, bluetooth, nav, smart key, steering wheel controls, touch screen. And it's nice looking too!

Suggested Improvements

Electronic adjustable seats, get rid of the back-up beep! The black plastic dash could also be improved. I rated the quality a little lower because I have an annoying rattle in the dash that I can't seem to get rid of despite many efforts.

All around outstanding vehicle
By melisrush

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I went from a 2004 Pontiac Vibe to the 2007 Prius without thinking twice. This car is amazing. One month after purchasing the car, I took a road trip from Tampa, Fl to Toronto, Ontario. (That is about 3,000 miles there and back.) The cost for fuel both ways was $80.00. It was awesome to stop at gas stations to use the bathroom and not get gas. This car surely gets looks and many questions. I drove up for a family reunion and now many members of my family are in line for purchasing one. Also, when other Prius owners run into you, you have only great things to comment about. (I haven't met one with a bad comment!) On average I fill up every 2 weeks for about $25.00 each fill up.

Favorite Features

The hatchback, all rear seats fold down to make a bed, the back-up camera, smart key feature, MP3 jack, and the comfort of the seats.

Suggested Improvements

I really wish smart key would open all of the doors not just the driver's. A sunroof would be nice. Abolish the incessant back up beeping. A compass on all models, not just ones with navigation.

Great car
By prius owner

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have no complaints about this car. I gave up a Mini Cooper, my dream car, after 2 1/2 years due to the high maintenance cost (I drive almost 100 miles a day and high performance tires are expensive and don't last). Since I gave up the dream car I went for highest MPG. After the first test drive I thought it felt like driving the space shuttle. However, it grew on me and I am happy with my decision to trade.

Favorite Features

MPG - 51 on mostly very hilly highway, SmartKey (I don't touch my keys...ever!), Bluetooth, Back up camera, computer display and touchscreen.

Suggested Improvements

Rear window visibility, reduce glare from dash on window, power seats, moonroof option, change cloth on armrest to a padded plastic or fake leather material. How about fake leather all around so it would more affordable for those who don't want cloth but can't afford the $2000 upgrade to leather?

Love this car
By tdburda

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have a 45 mile commute one way, up and down plenty of hills and have been averaging about 47 mpg and the car is not even broken in yet. Three days after we got the car we took a 2,000 mile trip it did excellent and was very comfortable. I have become a bit obsessive about the MPG.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, interior room and exterior styling, back up camera, quietness.

Suggested Improvements

Rear window visibility, sunroof, somehow eliminate the scare factor to pedestrians on parking lots.