Used 2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 206 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

2007 Toyota Prius
By Mike

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2007 with Option 6 (leather, nav, backup camera). Drive car daily in both city and highway conditions. Have not had a single problem. I average 57 MPG in the summer and 52 in the winter. Usually can drive around 525-550 miles per tank. Surprised by the acceleration, it moves! Love the car, highly recommend it, especially for commuters.

Quiet, gas mileage, navigation system, and mileage calculator.

Need to work on the blindspots. I've almost been taken out by semis a couple times, I put fish eye mirrors on the side mirrors for increased visiblility (it helps a lot). It'd be nice if it had a larger gas tank.

Great car
By Darrel

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the car and was apprehensive about the gas electric, but the car is really fun to drive and very comfortable. I am going to buy a 2nd one next month. Lots of room for 4 big adults and am getting right at 48 mpg all around driving.

Everything seems to be well thought of.

I like the car as it is but would like to see more color selection.

2007 Toyota Prius
By Gerry E.

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my 2007 Prius since 2-28-07 and I am reasonably pleased with it. I have tried the pulse and glide method for more fuel economy and they work pretty well. My Prius is Barcelona Red and the paint is nice but chips very easily. I have gotten up to 53 M.P.G. using the Pulse and Glide method. It generally gets 50-52 M.P.G. between 65-75 on the highway during temperatures of 45-75F degrees. It seems that when the temperature dips so does the mileage to around 47M.P.G. in the colder months.

The back-up camera is handy and the fold down seats make it into a mini- station wagon.

The seats could be more comfortable and electrically adjustable. I have 16,000 miles on my 2007 Prius and I like it very much. Check your tires often as mine tend to lose a few lbs. unexplainedly. Tire pressure can effect your mileage. Eliminate the cross bar in the rear window for more visibility.

Best new car
By towerlane

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2007 with Option 2, aftermarket leather seats installed by dealer. Car drives extremely well. Absolutely no problems. Acceleration more than adequate getting on Northern California freeways. Love the direct input to stereo system. Climate control very well done. Purchased aftermarket leather supplied by dealer - much better than Toyota leather and did not have to buy Option 6 to get leather. Bought the Prius for my commute (48 miles each way) but my wife commandeered it for her commute (20 miles each way heavy city driving). I have a 2001 Accord V-6 and plan to trade it in and buy my own Prius.

Form, fit and function really excellent Very comfortable on long trips. Quiet in interior. Handles very well. Gas mileage is around 44mpg according to the trip computer. Get about 450 miles between fill ups city or highway regardless.

Adjustable/tilt steering wheel as standard. Side and back vision could be improved. Bar in rear window makes rear driver vision difficult. Interior plastic could be improved - less chintzy. Better leather seats, but aftermarket seats really good. Be able to turn off the rear beeper.

Prius - Economical & Well Built
By StevenR

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Prius. It gets great gas mileage (43-51 mpg). It is roomy and comfortable for me at 5'11" tall. I would recommend the Prius to anyone who wants to drive economically. It's even fairly comfortable with my wife and two children with me. My only complaint would be that it doesn't handle as well as some other smaller cars that I've driven.

Gas mileage!

Sportier handling and more interior light driving at night.