Used 2007 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Most Helpful|
robo car
By Don Lane

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A really fun car to own and drive. Previous car was a MB 350ML. We are getting 55 MPG average city and highway

Favorite Features

Keyless start and 500 miles/ 9 gal of regular between fill-ups.

Suggested Improvements

More user friendly nav system. I have a Tom Tom in my T-Bird and it is much easier and quicker to use.

Problems with Our Prius
By Ken Horn

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have had repeated electrical issues resulting in the dash going blank. This has happened repeatedly and the car has been in 4 times in 20,000 miles for the same issue. Very frustrating. This is a safety issue, try driving at night with the dash electrical system all out. It gives no warning it still appears to not be corrected. My Ford has been much better quality.

Suggested Improvements

Dash lighting system is hard to see. Seats are uncomfortable and car blows off the road in the wind, need aero-dynamics work.

Economical People Mover
By mickeyrom

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If all that matters is economy...this is a very good car.If comfort on a long trip is important....forget it.The seat has only two adjustments...backward and forward, and angle of the back.The steering wheel can only be tilted,and it constantly makes contact with my knees. Instrument panel is very hard to see in the sunlight and lacks even a temp. gauge.The trip computer has no range position,So you had better not let it get too low.The car also makes lots of noises and does not seem to have the build quality of other Toyotas.A bit of a rattle trap.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry and start.Good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Seriously needs a 6 way adjustable driver's seat with a lumbar support.It also needs the items described in my comments above.

Toyota Prius
By larry platt

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car is not made for anyone over 6'2, there is no leg room. On a long trip the car is impossible to get comfortable in. The car is dangerous in the snow. Even a small amount of snow causes the car to slide out of control when braking. On a snow covered hill if you have to stop the car will slide backwards because there is not enough transaction. Because of where the dashboard is located, at night there is a "green" glow on the windshield that is distracting and on darker roads the green glow will affect road vision. The rear camera for backing up is useless. There are blind spots. When passing a car on an interstate you need to constantly look over your shoulders.

Favorite Features

On dry roads the car does handle nice with good pickup.

Suggested Improvements

The car would be a good southern car it is not suited for the north.

I HATE my Prius!
By llf415

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought a Prius in November, and it does not live up to the hype. The keyless entry system stopped working at 2,500 miles and has required 3 trips to the shop to fix. The seats are VERY uncomfortable on long trips, and everything is just waaay too complicated to operate (audio, temperature, etc.), and I hate doing it all on the screeen--whatever happened to simply turning a knob?!. Finally, the real MPG is nothing even close to that listed on the sticker. Over the life of the car so far, I have averaged 36.6 MPG. Granted, I am in stop and go traffic, but isn't it supposed to workbest in those conditions? All-in-all, I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Favorite Features

I-pod hook up.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats; simpler audio/climate control; sunroof option; better reliability.