2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Good purchase
By Kate on 03/17/07 17:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got the Prius touring fully-loaded and it is great. I have been disappointed that I can't average more than 45 mpg, but that is still higher than any other car on the market and maybe the mileage will increase come summertime. The interior is really nice. There is nothing like Toyota quality - they are built to last.

Like This Car
By C&C on 03/11/07 00:19 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My husband bought this car for commuting to his job -100 miles one way. He gets approximately 41 mpg. I drive a Honda Odyssey around town, but I enjoy getting my turn with the Prius occasionally. The car is very roomy and the navigation has been very easy to figure out. It seems to have plenty of pick-up when needed. I find driving the Prius to be a peaceful experience, much more relaxing than the internal combustion engine.

So glad I bought this car!
By KMarie on 03/06/07 10:17 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I LOVE this car. Had it for over a week now, and it's averaging around 37 MPG. I'm in WI and we've had a lot of snow lately - it handled the slippery roads VERY well. No complaints. I have the extra stability control feature which may help for that as well. Drives very smoothly, pick-up from a stop is pretty decent. This car is so quiet sometimes you can hardly tell it's running. The "Power" button just floors me, so space age! Turning it on and shifting takes some getting used. Eventually you stop reaching for the key in the ignition. ;) Love the SmartKey feature. But be warned that a replacement key is $400.

New Prius
By Bill Cawthorne on 03/04/07 16:03 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This new Prius carried us through the south east of Arizona's mountains and deserts with a comfortable, efficient, and quiet weekend. New to us were the hybrid drive and the electronic technology. I'm old school where my transportation equipment is concerned. This car is an absolute pleasure to drive. Not as powerful as a 5 liter Mustang, not even close. The Honda civic that we traded in could not make the acceleration that I experienced merging onto I-10 in Benson, AZ. I had misjudged the traffic and opened the throttle. The gasoline and electric combination proved itself then. The electronic equipment calculates the mileage and was verified accurate at the pump at 52 mpg for the trip.

Great car for practical people
By Allen on 03/02/07 14:29 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I went from a '98 Chevy S-10 to a '07 Prius and have yet to have a real complaint. Don't care about image or stupid things like 0-60 in under 5 seconds, I'm just going from A to B and I like to throw a lot of things in the back like my old truck. I get about 50-51 mpg consistently (my wife is pedal heavy and she still gets 44 mpg at worst); so what if it doesn't hit EPA, no car does, and I'm still easily beating most cars at 50mpg. I would totally recommend this car to anyone who can afford it. The most basic Prius comes with many more features than most other cars so don't be tricked into thinking a basic hybrid is way more expensive than a basic Civic, compare it to something similar.

Happy New Owner
By sccpd on 02/28/07 03:35 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have only owned for several days. I am still trying to get the hang of all the screens and things. Only getting 45-47 mpg. Still good gas mileage, not what was on the sticker.

Fun car, excellent quality!
By rigator on 02/12/07 15:46 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After owning Hondas all of my life, I decided to go with the Prius after driving the Civic Hybrid. I felt the Prius was unique, fun & an excellent automobile. Reading reviews of other satisfied owners reassured me that the vehicle is reliable and the right choice. I highly recommend a Prius!

Great car
By al on 02/09/07 18:50 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my Prius for 2 months and I love driving the car. I am averaging about 42 mpg for the first 3,000 miles. This is my first Toyota and the quality of the car is great.

Toyota Prius
By larry platt on 02/04/07 07:37 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car is not made for anyone over 6'2, there is no leg room. On a long trip the car is impossible to get comfortable in. The car is dangerous in the snow. Even a small amount of snow causes the car to slide out of control when braking. On a snow covered hill if you have to stop the car will slide backwards because there is not enough transaction. Because of where the dashboard is located, at night there is a "green" glow on the windshield that is distracting and on darker roads the green glow will affect road vision. The rear camera for backing up is useless. There are blind spots. When passing a car on an interstate you need to constantly look over your shoulders.

Fun Driving
By ReneeIF on 01/23/07 17:11 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the first car I've owned in which I can control the fuel economy. I love the leather interior: it makes the car look luxurious. The modern styling is super cool. The optional JBL 6 CD stereo could be better; the sound quality is not that great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.