Used 2007 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Want my other vehicle back.....
By Jan

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It drives okay, handles pretty well. I think it's pretty zippy, when I go to pass I just shift into B. It is very difficult to judge the front because you can't see it & backing up with the camera is deceiving-objects are definitely closer than they appear

Backup camera, stereo, nice looking exterior, plenty of storage spots, I can haul a lot, gas mileage is great as long as the temps are above 30 degrees or more

Extremely poor gas mileage when the temps drop below 25 degrees, rear window visibility, nicer interior materials, fix glare on windshield right in my line of sight, sunroof, need adjustable lower lumbar supports, tire pressure,fuel gauge accuracy, brighter steering wheel lights, dump the beeping

Very fun car to drive
By Nick Diaz

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car is a very fun car to drive and has a number of very well thought out features. It *is* the car for you if you drive for trips longer than 10 minutes at any one time.

The MPG/energy reserve/generated displays. The simplified button (no key ignition). The backup camera. The quiet motor. Extremely roomy interior while having a small/compact body size. The touch screen for most of the controls.

Low performance when traveling under ten minutes. In this sense, I would not call it a milk-run car as it seems to eat gas at a rate comparable to a corolla or much cheaper non-hybrid car. Should have day-time running lights (Corolla CE even has this!) Gas tank is really small.

2007 Toyota Prius
By Mike

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2007 with Option 6 (leather, nav, backup camera). Drive car daily in both city and highway conditions. Have not had a single problem. I average 57 MPG in the summer and 52 in the winter. Usually can drive around 525-550 miles per tank. Surprised by the acceleration, it moves! Love the car, highly recommend it, especially for commuters.

Quiet, gas mileage, navigation system, and mileage calculator.

Need to work on the blindspots. I've almost been taken out by semis a couple times, I put fish eye mirrors on the side mirrors for increased visiblility (it helps a lot). It'd be nice if it had a larger gas tank.

Great car
By Darrel

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the car and was apprehensive about the gas electric, but the car is really fun to drive and very comfortable. I am going to buy a 2nd one next month. Lots of room for 4 big adults and am getting right at 48 mpg all around driving.

Everything seems to be well thought of.

I like the car as it is but would like to see more color selection.

2007 Toyota Prius
By Gerry E.

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my 2007 Prius since 2-28-07 and I am reasonably pleased with it. I have tried the pulse and glide method for more fuel economy and they work pretty well. My Prius is Barcelona Red and the paint is nice but chips very easily. I have gotten up to 53 M.P.G. using the Pulse and Glide method. It generally gets 50-52 M.P.G. between 65-75 on the highway during temperatures of 45-75F degrees. It seems that when the temperature dips so does the mileage to around 47M.P.G. in the colder months.

The back-up camera is handy and the fold down seats make it into a mini- station wagon.

The seats could be more comfortable and electrically adjustable. I have 16,000 miles on my 2007 Prius and I like it very much. Check your tires often as mine tend to lose a few lbs. unexplainedly. Tire pressure can effect your mileage. Eliminate the cross bar in the rear window for more visibility.