2007 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews 17

2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

2007 Prius Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
New Prius a Great Buy
By DWood

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just got a 2007 Prius. Back seats hard & bench like. Wouldn't recommend long drive for passengers in back of this car. Back seats fold down for extra storage, it's just right for my sweetie and me to take trips with all our gear, and fewer stops to refuel! Handles very well, fairly quiet, shift between the electric motor and gas engine not noticable at all, good pick up for passsing. Nice storage in 2 gloveboxes & center console. Holds 2 cups, large or small. Dash equip easy to read and operate, cruise control a bit awkward, under the right side of steering wheel. Overall, extremely happy with this car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage of course!

Suggested Improvements

Desperately needs more comfortable seats, especially in the back.

Not a good value by any means
By Japanese? eh...

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car for a commuter expecting stellar fuel economy, and that is not what I saw. Although 32 is good on the highway but not what I expected for $20k+. Many cars would have suited me better. Don't get hyped over gas mileage because it won't make you the money back. My pontiac grand prix got 31 mpg for 40% of the cost. My only other issue is my a/c unit is not very reliable.

Favorite Features

Moderate comfort, decent mileage in town.

Suggested Improvements

AC unit failed twice, gas mileage is about 15-20 mpg under epa sticker, flimsy structure, overpriced by 5-7k in comparison to equivalent domestic or japanese products.

Good purchase
By Kate

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got the Prius touring fully-loaded and it is great. I have been disappointed that I can't average more than 45 mpg, but that is still higher than any other car on the market and maybe the mileage will increase come summertime. The interior is really nice. There is nothing like Toyota quality - they are built to last.

Favorite Features

Fold-down seats, plenty of cargo room, great interior, MP3 player hookup.

Suggested Improvements

Sun roof, bigger cup holder, steering wheel controls that light up brighter.

Like This Car
By C&C

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My husband bought this car for commuting to his job -100 miles one way. He gets approximately 41 mpg. I drive a Honda Odyssey around town, but I enjoy getting my turn with the Prius occasionally. The car is very roomy and the navigation has been very easy to figure out. It seems to have plenty of pick-up when needed. I find driving the Prius to be a peaceful experience, much more relaxing than the internal combustion engine.

Favorite Features

I love the experience of driving a hybrid. It is very relaxing. My year-old grandson seems to understand this type of car is the future - he loves riding in it! I like having the back-up camera - wouldn't buy a car without one now. Gas mileage and envious looks of others at the gas station.

Suggested Improvements

An automatic opener for the hatchback. Automatic seat adjustments with memory. Back-up noise should be to warn the people outside not inside. I know I'm backing up. Radio reception is poor - we bought an iPod because of this. Bluetooth should be more advanced and simpler to use.

So glad I bought this car!
By KMarie

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I LOVE this car. Had it for over a week now, and it's averaging around 37 MPG. I'm in WI and we've had a lot of snow lately - it handled the slippery roads VERY well. No complaints. I have the extra stability control feature which may help for that as well. Drives very smoothly, pick-up from a stop is pretty decent. This car is so quiet sometimes you can hardly tell it's running. The "Power" button just floors me, so space age! Turning it on and shifting takes some getting used. Eventually you stop reaching for the key in the ignition. ;) Love the SmartKey feature. But be warned that a replacement key is $400.

Favorite Features

SmartKey system, rear camera when in reverse, the info display, and of course the better gas mileage. Lots of storage areas/compartments.

Suggested Improvements

More headroom. I'm short so it's really not an issue, but for someone taller it might feel claustrophobic. With a bulky winter jacket on the center console feels a little close. I could use a little more room.

New Prius
By Bill Cawthorne

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This new Prius carried us through the south east of Arizona's mountains and deserts with a comfortable, efficient, and quiet weekend. New to us were the hybrid drive and the electronic technology. I'm old school where my transportation equipment is concerned. This car is an absolute pleasure to drive. Not as powerful as a 5 liter Mustang, not even close. The Honda civic that we traded in could not make the acceleration that I experienced merging onto I-10 in Benson, AZ. I had misjudged the traffic and opened the throttle. The gasoline and electric combination proved itself then. The electronic equipment calculates the mileage and was verified accurate at the pump at 52 mpg for the trip.

Favorite Features

The entire vehicle is designed as a whole and not as some afterthought to get the fleet mileage up. To isolate the one favorite thing? The electronics. I'm a geek. There I said it. There is a lot of electrical wizardry going on and I am almost distracted by it.

Suggested Improvements

I'm tall enough to need a height adjustable seat. After 660 miles that weekend, I wanted more support for my arms that a height adjustment would have cured.

Great car for practical people
By Allen

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I went from a '98 Chevy S-10 to a '07 Prius and have yet to have a real complaint. Don't care about image or stupid things like 0-60 in under 5 seconds, I'm just going from A to B and I like to throw a lot of things in the back like my old truck. I get about 50-51 mpg consistently (my wife is pedal heavy and she still gets 44 mpg at worst); so what if it doesn't hit EPA, no car does, and I'm still easily beating most cars at 50mpg. I would totally recommend this car to anyone who can afford it. The most basic Prius comes with many more features than most other cars so don't be tricked into thinking a basic hybrid is way more expensive than a basic Civic, compare it to something similar.

Favorite Features

The digital monitor is great and if you pay attention to it, it forces you to drive better if you want the better mileage. The on-screen MPG is 98% accurate at worst. A lot of people talk about 30 mpg levels, I can't imagine how they are accomplishing that unless they drive totally insanely.

Suggested Improvements

Would like driver seat height adjustment as I am tall (3'3") and would like it lower, not cause of leg room (I actually fit comfortable in any seat in the car) just so I could see out the windshield at a lower point for when I'm first in line at a stop-light, sometimes its hard to see the light.

Happy New Owner
By sccpd

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have only owned for several days. I am still trying to get the hang of all the screens and things. Only getting 45-47 mpg. Still good gas mileage, not what was on the sticker.

Favorite Features

Interior design is very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

True gas mileage would help on things.

Fun car, excellent quality!
By rigator

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After owning Hondas all of my life, I decided to go with the Prius after driving the Civic Hybrid. I felt the Prius was unique, fun & an excellent automobile. Reading reviews of other satisfied owners reassured me that the vehicle is reliable and the right choice. I highly recommend a Prius!

Favorite Features

I love the push button start, nav system (big improvement over my Garmin Street Pilot), bluetooth set up and the high mpg!

Suggested Improvements

It does take a little getting used to the rear window/hatch design. The standard back up camera helps out though - just take extra caution when backing out of spots!

Great car
By al

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my Prius for 2 months and I love driving the car. I am averaging about 42 mpg for the first 3,000 miles. This is my first Toyota and the quality of the car is great.

Favorite Features

I enjoy all the gadgets on the car and it's kind of like game trying to get the best gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Power seats would be a nice option to add.