Used 2007 Toyota Prius Touring Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

2007 Toyota Prius
By Dean

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the best car I have owed. With the exception of regular maintenance and an interior battery which the original lasted seven years I think this car is the greatest.

Wonderful car to drive and own
By RSonders

Fantastic fuel economy, front seat comfort, visibility, fit and finish. High fun-to-drive factor. I had virtually no expense beyond scheduled maintenance and minor product recalls (which were free). In my opinion, the only thing that isn't up to Toyota's standards in this vehicle is the 2007 Nav system. By the time one receives updates for the system (which you must buy at a cost of about $300, and load via CD), they are already several years old. But if you have an iPhone with Google maps, the subpar Nav system shouldn't bother you. I don't understand why automobile Nav systems can't simply download by agreement with Google Maps. We bought this car new in 2006, and would have no problem driving it another five years.

2007 Prius is nice vehicle
By allsmiles277

I got a 2007 Prius about 1 1/2 years ago. I had always wanted one and I already had a 2000 Honda Insight. I had to fix the melted hatchback opener since Toyota acts like the problem does not exist. I also had a bad experience one morning early in pitch dark when both of my headlights went out simultaneously. I was scared to death. I never drive in the dark any more. Toyota also acts like this headlight problem does not exist. Toyota will never do any work on my car unless they are the last straw. I have lost faith in Toyota. I always thought they were a good car company. Now I know better.

I like the body style of the Prius Touring model. The car has a good ride. It has more room than my 2000 Honda Insight. I love the mileage that I am getting. I am getting around 48 mpg and very happy with that. My 2000 Honda Insight gets around 60 mpg on the highway. Overall the Prius is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. It had only 26,700 miles on it and it is only up to 32,000 miles now.

Toyota need to step up to the plate and fix the melting black hatchback material that make it impossible to open in cold temperatures. I bought a new hatchback mechanism and got an offset Phillips screwdriver and took the black goo off of the white plastic. I also took the inside mechanism out of my existing hatchback and replaced it with the new inside piece. It works like a charm and only cost me about 40 dollars. The Toyota Corporation is not a friend of mine nor will they ever be after the way I have been treated.

Prius or Civic Hybrid or a Honda Insight ?
By fyler

If you reading this, chances are, you are considering a hybrid and you are torn between a Prius, Civic Hybrid and a Honda Insight. Get the Prius. I used to be a Civic Hybrid and an Insight owner, the Honda IMA hybrid system is the worst and their MPG sucks. Before I get my Prius I owned a 2001 Insight (IMA light showed up at 78K mile), I also tried 2005, 2006 and 2008 Civic Hybrid and the MPG was 38 MPG at the best and again IMA battery issues before 100K miles. The 2008 Civic Hybrid interiors are comfier than the Prius (at least for me) but the space on the Prius is awesome if you haul stuff.The Prius Hybrid system is VERY reliable. The Prius is similar to a Camry or an Accord.

- Cargo Space. - Hybrid system is so reliable. - The Prius is so roomy. - I average 42MPG at least in Winter. - Resale value. - No timing belt. - Even if the Hybrid system fails, refurbished battery ( below 1400$ ) will keep you running for 7 years at least and this is a reliable car so its worth investing the money on it.

- Center console needs improvement in the knee area ( I used to drive a Lexus so the Prius is not the most comfy car for me). - Leather seats are stiff.

Good, efficient transporation
By benson11

This car is good for what it is intended, getting from point A to point B. It is definitely not a sports car or the ultimate driving experience. It is great on gas and gets better mileage during the summer (when it is hotter). I am afraid to bring this up to the snow since it is somewhat under powered (for the higher elevations) and it isn't all wheel drive. Overall, this is great, practical transportation.