2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Time to Put it Down
By jtn16 on 09/21/13 12:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got this car used in 2011. I was averaging a commute of 400-500 miles per week as a college adjunct. The first year of owning this Prius was fun, mainly because of the novelty of going hybrid. Then I got established and didn't need to commute to 4 campuses a day. Got married. Got a dog. I took the car out to camp several times. It couldn't hold up well to our busy and slightly chaotic lifestyle. The hatch rubber handle melted my first summer with it and shortly after the whole back hatch broke due to its brittle plastic. Had issues with the power button throughout. I put only 50K on it. It might be time to let it go.

Used 2007 Prius
By hadrian on 02/08/13 07:22 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased used in 2/12 for $ 10,300.with 66k. Have driven for 1 year, now have 80k on vehicle. Has performed well in daily commute avg 40-43 mpg 30 mile round trip daily. Maint. costs very low, replaced frt pads, air filter and changed oil twice; thats it. Put snows on front and performs okay in up to 4" of plowed snow. Beige interior not best looking and shows dirt and/or stains; get something darker. Overall no regrets; will have a long time; prob give to daughter for longer commute out of town for two yr masters.

A great first car. No Qualms...
By jeffsteph on 10/08/12 09:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Everyone I talked to loved their Prius buys. I'm happy to say I am now a welcome member to the same club. Was looking for an economical first car upon making a move cross country to AZ. Settled in on the 2007 Prius that was coincedentally installed with GPS, JBL Speakers and backup camera. The Gas mileage is a solid 40-45 City/Hwy. So glad I made the choice.

Good family car
By anhdao on 06/04/12 17:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in my Acura RSX for this prius when I was 6 months pregnant because I wanted something more family friendly that would also be easy for me to drive late in my pregnancy. This car runs well, is very comfortable and practical. Now that I have had my baby, it fits my car seat and stroller and I even have

great for normal people!
By dafish3 on 08/28/11 15:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I puchased my current prius used with 20k on it, now I have over 100k. I am still getting 46mgs driving everything from in city to 85 on the highway, and not easy through winding roads. For on road use I think there is no real car that can compare. I can fit a 8' surfboard inside or bring it to the snow, the car is really flexible with the seats taking no time at all to fold down and the under floor storage in the back there is a ton of room. I have taken this car for 14 hour car trips, with no compants coming from my wallet or the car! Being 6' tall I fit great into the drivers seat and can even fit in the back...

All's OK @ 65,000 miles
By shihchi on 05/02/11 18:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought new 4 years ago. Avg. 50+ mpg summer, appx. 47 in Midwest winter. At 6', I find legroom a bit tight. Have driven in 6" snow storms and rain with no problems. It's not as fun to drive as my Mustang GT was, but it's not boring. Have had no quality issues. Have been through all of the recalls. All in all, it's just what we thought it would be when we bought it. Not sure why everyone says hybrids cost a lot....sticker was 22,000 and we got it for 18,700....a lot cheaper than many non-hybrids back then. Feels good to get such good MPG now and back in 2008 when gas skyrocketed.

Great all around car
By 321zoom on 01/30/11 12:34 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's a lot bigger than it seems on the outside! Put down the seats and you have a serious flat-bed hauler! We get 48MPG yr over yr average and we live in a cold climate (much heater). It's not a speed deamon but that's not why you're buying it. We've owned it for 4yrs now and aside from the trunk being stuck when first driving it out of the showroom - no issue whatsoever! If only ALL cars had this (or even close) mileage - still amazes me why in this day and age these numbers are not standard!!! Well worth every penny and would buy again in a heartbeat!

One Cool Car
By mrmustard on 12/23/10 23:31 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have always been fond of any Honda or Toyota vehicle. I have depended on both manufacturers and they've never let me down. I love the Prius, everything about it. It is enjoyable to drive and performs well on my 60 mile one way commute to work. The handling and responsiveness is is better than average. Fuel economy is outstanding and the consumption monitor has allowed me to correct my gas guzzling driving habits. The ride is smooth and quiet on the highway. Prius and “Hybrid Synergy Drive” make interesting conversation with friends. I wish I had owned one much sooner. The car is just plain cool.

Whats wrong with my brakes?
By Jayr on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my car in May of this year as a used vehicle. I loved it until last week. I was sitting in my car, which was off, when i turned the car on it asked me to get to a level ground and take the e-brake off. I would have except I was on level ground, the e-brake was off and my car wouldn't start. My dashboard had all my brake lights on. 4 hours of assistance and towing and they told me it was my battery. Exactly one week later, I was driving down the highway, less than a mile from my exit when my car started making a beep noise, and again ALL my brake lights came on. This time my car was in motion and the brake pedal would not work, it was rock stiff as I went 60 mph on an exit ramp.

Shame on You, Toyota!
By D. Cummings on 09/02/10 21:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Please let me begin by saying that it saddens me to have to write this negative review of a company I once thought of as the benchmark in automotive quality, value and to some extent, design. Like many(maybe most?) of you, I thought our 2007 Prius was the greatest car ever invented when we purchased it new 48,500 miles ago. The list of design flaws, there are too many to list here, is long, but the worst and most dangerous of these being the extremely poor quality OE tires, traction control on wet surfaces, poorly lit dash, sloppy handling and difficult dash controls. Ralph Nader might call the Prius the new Corvair. Due to 7 safety recalls, Toyota's resale values have plummeted! Sad.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.