2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Time to Put it Down
By jtn16 on 09/21/13 12:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got this car used in 2011. I was averaging a commute of 400-500 miles per week as a college adjunct. The first year of owning this Prius was fun, mainly because of the novelty of going hybrid. Then I got established and didn't need to commute to 4 campuses a day. Got married. Got a dog. I took the car out to camp several times. It couldn't hold up well to our busy and slightly chaotic lifestyle. The hatch rubber handle melted my first summer with it and shortly after the whole back hatch broke due to its brittle plastic. Had issues with the power button throughout. I put only 50K on it. It might be time to let it go.

Used 2007 Prius
By hadrian on 02/08/13 07:22 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased used in 2/12 for $ 10,300.with 66k. Have driven for 1 year, now have 80k on vehicle. Has performed well in daily commute avg 40-43 mpg 30 mile round trip daily. Maint. costs very low, replaced frt pads, air filter and changed oil twice; thats it. Put snows on front and performs okay in up to 4" of plowed snow. Beige interior not best looking and shows dirt and/or stains; get something darker. Overall no regrets; will have a long time; prob give to daughter for longer commute out of town for two yr masters.

Good, efficient transporation
By benson11 on 01/02/13 11:06 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is good for what it is intended, getting from point A to point B. It is definitely not a sports car or the ultimate driving experience. It is great on gas and gets better mileage during the summer (when it is hotter). I am afraid to bring this up to the snow since it is somewhat under powered (for the higher elevations) and it isn't all wheel drive. Overall, this is great, practical transportation.

A great first car. No Qualms...
By jeffsteph on 10/08/12 09:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Everyone I talked to loved their Prius buys. I'm happy to say I am now a welcome member to the same club. Was looking for an economical first car upon making a move cross country to AZ. Settled in on the 2007 Prius that was coincedentally installed with GPS, JBL Speakers and backup camera. The Gas mileage is a solid 40-45 City/Hwy. So glad I made the choice.

Fuel efficient
By subarudavis on 07/25/12 00:51 AM (PDT)

30k miles on the car now, running strong. I like the car, it has good audio, comfortable seats (not electric though), roomy, and most of all its economical to run. My insurance gives me a break because its a hybrid, I pay a lot less for gas, and it is reliable. These features save me money but I am a little angry at toyota for making it so hard to change headlights, I had to bay a few hundred because the whole front bumper needs to be taken off to get to the HID lights on the touring model. No mechanical issues, one electrical issue with cd player not working, and the GPS is horrible. Not very fun to drive and not powerful. I get about 45mpg overall.

Good family car
By anhdao on 06/04/12 17:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in my Acura RSX for this prius when I was 6 months pregnant because I wanted something more family friendly that would also be easy for me to drive late in my pregnancy. This car runs well, is very comfortable and practical. Now that I have had my baby, it fits my car seat and stroller and I even have

260,000 miles, no rattles, no creaks, no maintenance
By priusenvy1 on 02/21/12 18:42 PM (PST)

I have driven a lot of great cars but this is by far tops. 260,000 miles, and not one creak, rattle or squeak..and that includes the brakes. I have never even had to change breaks or turned rotars, and my car drives perfectly straight still. Using engine to break and recharge battery saves the brakes!! Power is great, I can pass and go 90 mph if I wanted and engine has no straining. Oh and I have never had a tuneup either. My leather seats only have a side split in drivers seat, leather steering wheel still looks new. Dont be fooled, it's spacious and comfy. I am 6'1" and used to have back aches from driving so much, but this car's smooth ride has changed that too! Has saved me a fortune!

great for normal people!
By dafish3 on 08/28/11 15:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I puchased my current prius used with 20k on it, now I have over 100k. I am still getting 46mgs driving everything from in city to 85 on the highway, and not easy through winding roads. For on road use I think there is no real car that can compare. I can fit a 8' surfboard inside or bring it to the snow, the car is really flexible with the seats taking no time at all to fold down and the under floor storage in the back there is a ton of room. I have taken this car for 14 hour car trips, with no compants coming from my wallet or the car! Being 6' tall I fit great into the drivers seat and can even fit in the back...

All's OK @ 65,000 miles
By shihchi on 05/02/11 18:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought new 4 years ago. Avg. 50+ mpg summer, appx. 47 in Midwest winter. At 6', I find legroom a bit tight. Have driven in 6" snow storms and rain with no problems. It's not as fun to drive as my Mustang GT was, but it's not boring. Have had no quality issues. Have been through all of the recalls. All in all, it's just what we thought it would be when we bought it. Not sure why everyone says hybrids cost a lot....sticker was 22,000 and we got it for 18,700....a lot cheaper than many non-hybrids back then. Feels good to get such good MPG now and back in 2008 when gas skyrocketed.

Great all around car
By 321zoom on 01/30/11 12:34 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's a lot bigger than it seems on the outside! Put down the seats and you have a serious flat-bed hauler! We get 48MPG yr over yr average and we live in a cold climate (much heater). It's not a speed deamon but that's not why you're buying it. We've owned it for 4yrs now and aside from the trunk being stuck when first driving it out of the showroom - no issue whatsoever! If only ALL cars had this (or even close) mileage - still amazes me why in this day and age these numbers are not standard!!! Well worth every penny and would buy again in a heartbeat!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.